Wrestling Forum banner

Making peace with enemies / ex friends (and Montreal Screw Job)

1K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  CJ 
#1 ·
Has anyone learnt anything about long term human relationships from the Montreal Screw Job?

Bret Hart was my childhood hero, and tracing how his attitude has evolved since 1997 offers a valuable lesson that I feel you shouldn't lose your whole life learning.

No matter how much you hate someone - ex-boss, colleague or a friend who betrayed you - ultimately time passes and no matter how hard you try you just don't have any anger left, and it's not in your own best interest to retain the ill feeling.

#7 ·
I don't have hate for anybody and I honestly mean that.

However I do dislike some people, I use the word dislike because hate is a strong word and I've never really met somebody that has angered me to the point where I hated them not to mention I have been raised to try and not hate people. Anyway the people I dislike I avoid for good and I don't actively try to ruin their lives or anything.

#8 ·
I truly hate about 4 people that I've known my life. I will continue to hate them and think of them with hatred and I am content with that. Sure I can be the bigger person and let shit go. Unfortunatly I am to stubborn to do that. I'm not the least bit bitter in life so I think there are exceptions to these things. Just because I hold grudges and actually do hate a few people doesn't mean it affects my everyday life.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#12 ·
After how Vince treated Owen Hart and his family even after his death, I never would have been able to go back if I were Bret. Of course he should have patched things up for the Hall of Fame induction but as for making frequent appearances on Raw, I wouldn't do it.

#15 ·
As the late Bobby Kennedy once said, "Forgive your enemies, but get even first." :D:
Nice quote. I'm going to save that in my list of favorite quotes :)

#14 ·
I'm guessing most of you are younger than me (I'm 30 going on 50). What you'll find as you get older is that you don't have the mental energy to get angry, and you'll have gone through a full cycle of a relationship to the point of closure.

I didn't believe the Bret/Shawn hatchet-burial ceremony, the way Bret didn't hug him properly. But they did the DVD side by side.

#17 ·
Bret was a loyal employee. He got stabbed in the back. The lesson in Bret Hart's story is to never put to much trust in some one and not to be too nice because people are opportunist dicks and would be dicks even if you care for them.

Personally I am the sort of person who holds grudges and rarely forgives people.

#18 ·
maybe if Brets legacy wasn't in the hands as someone as deranged petty vindictive delusional and god headed like Vince it would be a different issue

#19 ·
Tricky. There are plenty of people I hated when I was younger; I no longer feel that way but I haven't seen any of them in over 10 years so I can't claim to have had closure and I might feel differently if I ran into them tommorrow. I hope I'm over it though.

#20 ·
I hold grudges but I'm also slow to anger. So if someone manages to earn my eternal hatred then you can be sure they've done plenty to deserve it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.