2. Knicks vs 7. Celtics

West
1. Thunder vs 8. Rockets
4. Clippers vs 5. Grizzlies
3. Nuggets vs 6. Warriors
2. Spurs vs 7. Lakers

#4 · (Edited)
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS 2013

Gonna respond to this from the last thread.

Magic said:
No, points against and FG% is the most telling thing about a defense as far as I'm concerned. Pretty sure defensive rating is pace adjusted and that literally means nothing as it just makes high tempo teams come off good defensively when they're still letting in a massive amount of points like the Nuggets/Rockets are.

lol George Karl is awful.
Defensive rating is points allowed per 100 possessions. If anything, it averages things out. Basically you take every team give them an equal amount of possessions and see who gives up the least amount of points.

Of the top 15 defensive teams according to defensive rating;
5 are among the top 10 highest paced teams
5 are among the middle 10 or average paced teams
5 are among the bottom 10 paced teams

Of the top 10 defensive teams according to defensive rating;
2 are among the top 10 highest paced teams
4 are among the middle 10 or average paced teams
4 are among the bottom 10 paced teams

Of the top 5 defensive teams according to defensive rating;
2 are among the top 10 highest paced teams
1 is among the middle 10 or average paced teams
2 are among the bottom 10 paced teams

So how exactly does defensive rating favor high paced teams and give them an advantage? Like I said before, it gives every team an equal chance and if you're a great defensive team, no matter what pace you play at defensive rating will reflect what you do on that end of the floor.

Yes I do think George Karl is overrated as far as his career achievements go, but he is by no means an awful coach. He is a top 10 coach in this league.

#8 ·

I'm predicting a Denver vs. Miami Finals. Even my fanboyish bias towards Chicago cannot pick them if there is no Rose. So Miami it is.

#11 ·

Not gonna be turning into ESPN/TNT/NBATV/any coverage of the playoffs until the OKC/HOU series is over, I don't think I can take hearing any more of how amazing it is that Harden is going to play his old team for the 349234234324824th time

#15 ·
At first I was scratching my head as to why a lot of people think and injured Bulls team can beat the Nets with Deron playing in prime mode and Lopez having his best season.

But I understand, respect is earned and Nets haven"t built much of an identity. How truly good are they? What if Deron was healthy in the beginning ?

#17 ·

Yes you are exactly right, the bulls are hurt but alot of our team has been in the playoffs before and even won a series or 2.

Deron is pretty much a lock to kill but the others on that team haven't been in a playoff environment like this. Still I expect a hard fought series up there :mark: :mark:

#21 ·

I know I picked the Clippers to win the series but honestly, I expect the Grizzlies to do better against them this year.

This year Conley is much improved and most importantly Z-Bo is healthy. Oh yeah and Rudy Gay isn't there to be a complete ball-stopper and chuck his ass off.

#27 ·
I know I picked the Clippers to win the series but honestly, I expect the Grizzlies to do better against them this year.

This year Conley is much improved and most importantly Z-Bo is healthy. Oh yeah and Rudy Gay isn't there to be a complete ball-stopper and chuck his ass off.
Honestly if Grizzlies didn't collapse in game 1 last year and held on they would of won the series

#22 ·

Experience is meaningless to me, so it's not a talking point. I don't think experience has anything do with whoever wins this series.

It is going to be a tough series. Probably favor the Nets slightly due to home court, and health.

Maybe DRose returns for game 7, and we win that one. :kobe4

#23 · (Edited)
Bulls beat the Nets 3 times when the Nets played on their second games of back to backs. Nets lost 2 of those games by 1 possession.

I don't like JJ. If he goes into ISO mode, Nets will suffer. Its a good thing he's our 3rd option then and not our first like he was in Atlanta.

Like I've said. If Bulls win game 1 than I think they'd take it.

#37 ·

Let's remember that in the first game in Brooklyn that you won, we played without Noah, Boozer and Heinrich I think and you barely won that. The second game in Brooklyn we were again banged up and without Noah, Belinelli and Gibson, but still managed to pick up the W.

An unhealthy Bulls has still given you a hard time this season. And now we have everyone back, except Rose. Maybe not all 100%, but they will be giving their all as usual and that will be enough to get past Nets :noah

#26 ·

Going with back to back championships for Miami.

:bron2 :bosh

#29 ·

Heat over Bucks in 4
Knicks over Celtics in 5
Pacers over Hawks in 6
Nets over Bulls in 7

Thunder over Rockets in 6
Lakers over Spurs in 7
Warriors over Nuggets in 7
Clippers overs Grizzlies in 6

I like the way Lakers have been playing these past few games so I thnk we can pull the upset over a banged up Spurs team. Well most likely get Nash back at some point in the series aswell so that should give us a boost. I see Stephen Curry killing it in the series and the Warriors stealing one in Denver to take the series. Nuggets will be without Gallo & Faried plus Lawson is playing injured so I see Warriors being too much for them with there 3 point shooting.

#31 ·

o hey.

My full playoff predictions:

East
1. Heat vs 8. Bucks Heat In 4
4. Nets vs 5. Bulls Nets In 5
3. Pacers vs 6. Hawks Pacers in 6
2. Knicks vs 7. Celtics Knicks in 5

1. Heat vs 4. Nets Heat in 5
3. Pacers vs 2. Knicks Knicks in 7 I'm honestly torn on a decision here

1. Heat vs 2. Knicks Miami in 7

West
1. Thunder vs 8. Rockets Thunder in 6
4. Clippers vs 5. Grizzlies Clippers in 5
3. Nuggets vs 6. Warriors Warriors in 7
2. Spurs vs 7. Lakers Spurs in 5

1. Thunder vs 4. Clippers Clippers in 7
6. Warriors vs 2. Spurs Spurs in 7

4. Clippers vs 2. Spurs Clippers in 6

NBA FINALS:
WEST: CLIPPERS VS EAST: HEAT
Clippers in 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.