Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bray Wyatt / Wyatt Family Discussion Thread

448K views 4K replies 981 participants last post by  3ku1 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Before I begin I just want to clarify that I'm doing this thread with the hope that I can help open some eyes onto the mystery of a very complicated character, and hopefully provide an easier understanding, and more enjoyment.

To begin, let me highlight the misconceptions on his character.

On the surface, Bray Wyatt and his Wyatt family seem to be not much more than Duck Dynasty castoffs, Backwoods hicks, or Wyatt as a Max Cady (Cape Fear) or Waylon Mercy ripoff...

However, Underneath the surface, just like what Bray would tell you, "There's something else inside..." of him.

I believe his character is that of a cult leader possessed by a demon.The promos I attached below explain it perfectly. In the second one he even says something like,

"I guess there's no sense in waiting any longer....Samael, he's all yours (talking about his vessel)..Hey you wanna see something really scary.."

Now, Samael, when I first heard that mention I didn't really think much of it, until that is, I researched it a bit! Here's what I found:

After reading that I'm certain that my gatherings are correct and the Bray Wyatt character is actually possessed by The Prince of All Demons, The Archangel Samael.

I think his catchphases "Follow the buzzards" and "Eater of Worlds" make sense as well, since Samael, in Christian and Jewish lore, was bent on the destruction of all humans, and buzzards usually flock to death, and I believe Bray Wyatt is a new walking corpse, only his is possessed by a Demon.

In conclusion, I believe, if handled right this could be a more realistic take on the new Undertaker type character WWE sorely needs. Exorcisms and possession are finally becoming more present in our society with the Vatican performing exorcisms lately, and the media eating it all up. I think a walking dead man (Taker) is a pretty tough sell but the gimmick still made him a legend, and I think Wyatt's will do the same for him, and is actually much more believable than it would seem, in our new more realistic era.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Here`s some more coal to throw on the fire ;)

Tweets created on 30/07/2013.

#120 ·
Re: Bray Wyatt: The eater of worlds is coming

Very happy to see this. Wyatt has been the highlight of NXT for as long as he's been around. Equally happy to see that he might keep the theme and that he's bringing Harper and Rowan with him.

With Punk's return, Bryan's push, and The Shield - Raw might finally get out of the gutter.

#123 ·

I am well up for this, I never really liked Husky Harris, but when I first saw the Bray Wyatt vignettes, I absolutely loved them. He's really come into his own on nxt, so hopefully they allow him to showcase that.

#131 ·

Imagine the promo encounters if they start feuding with The Shield :mark:
Wyatt vs. Ambrose would be insane, and the Family vs. Rollins/Reigns wouldn't be far behind. :mark:

I'm not sure WWE will go with a heel/heel feud but the potential is huge.

Bring up KO and align him with Cesaro. Now the tag division is really rolling. Although, a heel/heel/heel tag fued might be pushing it. :eek:

#128 ·

I marked out for that promo, Wyatt, Harper and Rowan, all 3 of those guys have talent. I would love to see The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family :mark:

#130 ·

So Bray Wyatt is finally arriving soon well all you marks are happy now and will be creaming yourselves over his main roster debut

But my god all these NXT debuts onto the main roster at the same time can't be good they will all get lost in the shuffle. And what about Paige dammit she should already be on the main roster she is ready and she would bring that dead divas division back to life. WWE really does fuck up everything

#132 ·

But my god all these NXT debuts onto the main roster at the same time can't be good.
Actually, it's the best thing that can ever happen and the timing is perfectly right. Pretty sure new several stars will be made at WM30. You have the Wyatt family coming, you have The Shield dominating for half a year now, a returning CM Punk, Ziggler as the WHC, Daniel Bryan most likely getting a huge push, it's incredible. THE TIME IS NOW.

#133 ·

Urgh, I went to bed and fucking missed it, I'd have been drooling at my keyboard, thank god the link has been posted here. IT LOOKED AMAZING, holy fuck yay more segments to watch on Raw, taking my total up to 5 :mark:

#139 ·

lol at Paige 'saving the division' she's good, but let's not think WWE will actually do something and she'll do much outside of tagging against the Bellas.

ANYWAY THIS IS BRAY'S TIME.

#141 ·

All these talents to the main roster so quickly may not be the best decision. I only say that as these talents are all booked as midcard heels and most don't even have a direction now. We've got Cena/Sheamus/Orton/Jericho as the main event babyfaces. The roster is made up of main event faces and midcard heels. Someone messed up somewhere..

#142 ·

This promo was amazing, like some others I never tune into Nxt so didn't know much about this character but because of the promo I've done a lot of watching on YouTube...now I'm just as excited as any of you!

Please debut soon and save us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.