Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bray Wyatt / Wyatt Family Discussion Thread

448K views 4K replies 981 participants last post by  3ku1 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Before I begin I just want to clarify that I'm doing this thread with the hope that I can help open some eyes onto the mystery of a very complicated character, and hopefully provide an easier understanding, and more enjoyment.

To begin, let me highlight the misconceptions on his character.

On the surface, Bray Wyatt and his Wyatt family seem to be not much more than Duck Dynasty castoffs, Backwoods hicks, or Wyatt as a Max Cady (Cape Fear) or Waylon Mercy ripoff...

However, Underneath the surface, just like what Bray would tell you, "There's something else inside..." of him.

I believe his character is that of a cult leader possessed by a demon.The promos I attached below explain it perfectly. In the second one he even says something like,

"I guess there's no sense in waiting any longer....Samael, he's all yours (talking about his vessel)..Hey you wanna see something really scary.."

Now, Samael, when I first heard that mention I didn't really think much of it, until that is, I researched it a bit! Here's what I found:

After reading that I'm certain that my gatherings are correct and the Bray Wyatt character is actually possessed by The Prince of All Demons, The Archangel Samael.

I think his catchphases "Follow the buzzards" and "Eater of Worlds" make sense as well, since Samael, in Christian and Jewish lore, was bent on the destruction of all humans, and buzzards usually flock to death, and I believe Bray Wyatt is a new walking corpse, only his is possessed by a Demon.

In conclusion, I believe, if handled right this could be a more realistic take on the new Undertaker type character WWE sorely needs. Exorcisms and possession are finally becoming more present in our society with the Vatican performing exorcisms lately, and the media eating it all up. I think a walking dead man (Taker) is a pretty tough sell but the gimmick still made him a legend, and I think Wyatt's will do the same for him, and is actually much more believable than it would seem, in our new more realistic era.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Here`s some more coal to throw on the fire ;)

Tweets created on 30/07/2013.

#33 ·
Re: Bray Wyatt: The eater of worlds is coming

I've watched that vignette again a couple of times, and honestly it seemed more like a vignette for the family than Wyatt himself. I'm thinking maybe they'll debut Harper and Rowan first, have them randomly attack people or whatever and then introduce Bray later as the mastermind behind it all. That would be pretty cool IMO. If not, then they should have debuted them like they did on NXT. Either way, I hope they don't just bring them up as a trio and stick them in the midcard, they need to have direction and make an impact right away or the character will flop.

#46 ·

I hope they don't just bring them up as a trio and stick them in the midcard, they need to have direction and make an impact right away or the character will flop.
Actually, that's what needs to happen for the betterment of the product

The Wyatt Family SHOULDN'T be doing the same thing that the Shield are doing. Every stable doesn't HAVE to be a "biggest threat to the company". They shouldn't be thrown into the main event scene right away because then there's nowhere to go but down and we'd just complain that they've been "buried"

HOWEVER, if all they do is squash Zack Ryder or whomever for the first few weeks and then immediately go into a feud with a main eventer, all they've served to do is further perpetuate the "Non-main event faces don't matter" environment that we've been subjected to for the past few years, and thus their presence is no real improvement to the product.

Ideally, they should be firmly in the midcard, but they should be booked dominantly over midcard faces. Not squashing them, but always winning. Put them over as a force in the midcard, with midcard faces stepping up to challenge them. The Wyatt Family can save the midcard.

#36 · (Edited)

Seems to have taking a more working class rescuer turn - the whole "walking upright" angle, how the working stiffs will rise up. Rowan dresses like a garbage man, Harper like a trucker and Bray wears the butchers apron on occasion...

Rowan should DEFINITELY make the lamb mask a part of his character.

#37 ·

I've never watched NXT, but I've heard good things about Wyatt. It was a pretty interesting promo, but wtf is up with the goat mask guy :shock

#39 ·

That promo is freaky tbh. They could really scare children. WWE being PG and all thou, they'll be a bit held back, maybe.
They've already been held back judging from that. The vignette they showed on NXT last week was way, way more intense, I wish they'd shown that one TBH as it would have made a far bigger impact.

#43 ·
#56 · (Edited)

Dude...this is the first time I've seen Wyatt/Husky since the early days of the Wyatt character in FCW...

...Hoooly shit...

If THAT'S PG for him,and he's been doing THIS kind of stuff all this time...I'm already wanting more!

That legitimately terrified me! IN A GOOD WAY! :mark:

#57 ·

I see you like The Ringmaster. What an uncharismatic jobber. That's how you sound.
That's how I SHOULD sound because I wouldn't have tolerated The Ringmaster in main events anymore than I'd tolerate McGillicutty. He shouldn't get pushed until he proves he's not an uncharismatic joke. So far he's EXACTLY the same as he used to be and that isn't going to cut it.

Look at Bray Wyatt, the guy completely turned his image and promo style around and went from being a complete goof to one of the best talents in years. Absolutely NOTHING has changed with McGillicutty, he's still trash just like he was 3 years ago.

#59 ·

That's how I SHOULD sound because I wouldn't have tolerated The Ringmaster in main events anymore than I'd tolerate McGillicutty. He shouldn't get pushed until he proves he's not an uncharismatic joke. So far he's EXACTLY the same as he used to be and that isn't going to cut it.

Look at Bray Wyatt, the guy completely turned his image and promo style around and went from being a complete goof to one of the best talents in years. Absolutely NOTHING has changed with McGillicutty, he's still trash just like he was 3 years ago.
I have difficulty disagreeing with Pyro now that he's Tyrion Lannister. Bad things happen to those who get on the wrong side of the Imp.

#62 ·

Personally, I'd have actually done it the same way as they did on NXT. Have Bray Wyatt debut, then debut the family after a few weeks. I know they initially did that because Wyatt was injured for a while, but it was still a good way to do it.

#65 ·

Personally, I'd have actually done it the same way as they did on NXT. Have Bray Wyatt debut, then debut the family after a few weeks. I know they initially did that because Wyatt was injured for a while, but it was still a good way to do it.
That's how I saw it happening as well. Like "if this guy wasn't dangerous enough, shit, there's more?"

#63 ·

I like the idea someone had about people in the crowd wearing lamb masks but I think it'd be cooler if plants were the ones wearing them. If they're gonna go with Wyatt being a pseudo-cult leader they'd have more meaning if people just started showing up wearing them as a sign of their devotion. It'd be like Punk shaving people's heads but a lot darker in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.