Ultraviolent Dog Collar:
Matt Tremont vs. Joe Gacy

Barbed Wire Match:
Danny Havoc vs. Ron Mathis

International Panes of Glass:
DJ Hyde vs. Takumi Tsukamoto

Non Tournament:
Drake Younger vs. Devon Moore

Not too excited about Gacy and Lucky being in the tournament, but I'm liking where this NOI/Naptown Dragons feud is going.

See less See more
#2 ·
NOI vs Naptown in COD. Id love to see xOMGx back. Also Danny and Devon vs Scotty and Drake in Tangled Web. I like this years line up. Gacy is good enough in deathmatches and Lucky is terribly underrated in them. Also like that MASADA isnt in it.

#4 ·
DJ vs Tremont is confirmed first round I believe. I expect the rest to go Takumi vs Havoc, Lucky vs Vortekz, and Mathis vs Gacy. Tremont vs Takumi, Scotty vs Mathis and Tremont vs Mathis as the finals. Mathis going to the finals would make sense do to his promo at BOTB and Tremont finnaly getting TOD would be huge. They had a really good deathmatch against one another a few months ago.

#7 ·
Overall, a lackluster lineup on paper IMO. Don't mind Masada not being in because he doesn't need to be in it and it gives someone else a chance to shine. Sucks to hear about his injury though, I was looking forward to Masada/Crist at Proving Grounds. Hopefully it doesn't keep him out for too long.

Anyone know anything about Tsukamoto? I've honestly never heard of him until now, but he's Japanese and the Japanese are usually crazy motherfuckers so I'll keep an open mind.

#9 ·
I can't say I'm familiar with Tsukamoto either. I don't think he came over to the US when CZW did the International Indy Summit. If he did I don't remember him.

I'm a little surprised about Masada not being in (even before his injury) but I'm fine with it. If he's in it he would basicaly have to win or make it to the finals and he's past the point of needing to do that.

I would be surprised if the tournament didn't involve Tremont going over Hyde, then Gacy, and then one of the other guys in the finals. If Tremont doesn't wrestle Gacy at any point I don't see what the point of even Gacy in the tournament is.

#11 ·
Shit, no Masada in there, and he's the double TOD winner. Letdown. Hopefully we get a non-tournament match from him.

Anyway, that line-up is good, and I hope that Hyde/Tremont revival looks more like Tangled Web and Cage of Death, and less like Squared Circle of Fear. Tremont has to win. Has to.

Oh, and Takumi Tsukamoto is good. Insanely talented deathmatch wrestler. He is Big Japan's baby, he's in his early 20s, and reminds on Ryuji Ito. Being very young, he's destined to take horrific amounts of beating in his matches, I expect the same at TOD.

#16 ·
I know 1 thing.

I fucking hate Matt Tremont. He brings back memories of Deranged, another deathmatch worker I couldn't stand.

I didn't like him already because of the TOD match with Necro but Proving Grounds made me despise him as a wrestler. FOR CHRIST SAKE, DON'T BLAME IN CLEAR VIEW OF THE FUCKING HARD CAM!!!

Any background on this Ron Mathis guy? One good thing about TOD is it's tendency of making deathmatch stars overnight.

#18 ·
Any background on this Ron Mathis guy? One good thing about TOD is it's tendency of making deathmatch stars overnight.
I've seen 4-5 matches of him last year, and he's got decent deathmatch potential.

During the Queen and King of the Ring match against Addy Starr and Tremont.

Wonder if he has to vacate the title
Fuck. If they decide to vacate, then Tremont should win at TOD, so we can have Tremont/Masada at Tangled Web. That would be beyond sick. :mark:

#21 ·
Hopefully they end this feud once and for all now. I guess the Tremont/Hyde revival in the Finals is the lock.

#22 · (Edited)
CZWrestling is reporting that Scotty Vortekz will face Lucky 13 in an Ultraviolent Ladder match. I haven't seen much of Vortekz but Lucky should excel in this one. I mean he did pretty good last year in the Scaffold match

so the card currently looks like this:

1st Round Matchups and Stipulations...

Ultraviolent Dog Collar Match
MATT TREMONT v. JOE GACY

Ultraviolent Ladders Match
NOI's LUCKY 13 v. Naptown Dragons' SCOTTY VORTEKZ

Non-Tournament Matchup
Naptown Dragons' DRAKE YOUNGER v. NOI's DEVON MOORE

Also in action at TOD 12...
TOMMY DREAMER and more!

#25 ·
I think Ron Mathis has a chance of upsetting Havoc right there, maybe even with a little help from The Naptown Dragons themselves.

so the card currently features:

Ultraviolent Dog Collar match between Matt Tremont and Joe Gacy
Ultraviolent Ladder match between Lucky 13 and Scotty Vortekz
Barbed Wire Match between Ron Mathis and Danny Havoc
International Panes of Glass match between Takumi Tsukamoto and DJ Hyde

+ Drake Younger vs Devon Moore.

Looks solid IMO.

#26 ·
Don't care for Tremont/Gacy. 13/Vortekz should be solid. Mathis/Havoc could go either way. Really not sure what to expect from Tsukamoto/Hyde. I don't see Tsukamoto going out in the first round because he's been flown in, but at the same time I don't see DJ being eliminated in the first round.

#30 · (Edited)
What a conincidence. I just yesterday watched the interview from the guy that Abby Butcher gave Hep C to... :| and now that I think of it Tremont has wrestled Abby Kobayashi, who was trained by Abby Butcher so is it possible that Butcher gave Hep C to Kobayashi who gave it to Tremont?

That is just horrible if it's true. Not only for Tremont but for all of the guys that have wrestled him in the past and that's a lot of the american deathmatch guys like Havoc, Moore, Butcher, New Jack, Hyde, Gacy...

I just hope that this a stupid rumor started by some jackass.

#33 ·
What a conincidence. I just yesterday watched the interview from the guy that Abby Butcher gave Hep C to... :| and now that I think of it Tremont has wrestled Abby Kobayashi, who was trained by Abby Butcher so is it possible that Butcher gave Hep C to Kobayashi who gave it to Tremont?
I doubt it. Tremont/Abby was 2 years ago(?) and I think this issue would have been picked up long ago if that were the case. Plus, Abby is one of the top deathmatch guys in Japan, so if he had it, so would all the BJW guys most likely. I'm not sure where the rumor originated, but Maffew talking about it, along with ISW taking him off of their next card at the same time makes me really wonder.

I also hope it's not true, not just for Tremont's health, but for CZW as a whole. Obviously the people he's worked are a concern, but also, the company doesn't really have anyone else who can carry the company IMO. Masada's out, Sami's leaving, Drake isn't really an original anymore. Only guy I could possibly see is Vortekz, only because the crowd's hot for him seeing as he just returned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.