Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - People who complain about the war on TV

View Single Post

Old 03-26-2003, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mr.Hankey
www.atreyurock.com

Location: Right here at my house, posting at the finest wrestling discussion board on the 'net, Wrestling-Edge!
Mr.Hankey 101 - 250Mr.Hankey 101 - 250
Default People who complain about the war on TV

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I fucking hate hearing everyone bitch about how the war is always on every channel all day blah blah blah I don't get to watch my favorite TV show for the first time blah blah blah. First of all, I've been wanting to post this for a while now, and to make sure, I kept track. Every night since the day after the first bombings in Baghdad, I turned on my TV at around 6 pm. Want to know the average amount of channels that were covering the war? Four. Four fucking channels out of like eighty. And, come on, our fucking country is at war here, what do you expect, no coverage? It is a proven fact that stations covering the war got better ratings this past week than those that didn't. And also, the only time it is on 'every channel' (which, at the most, was about fifteen channels) was when there was breaking news. Only after something of great significance happened would there be war on more than five channels. Get the fuck over it. Even if it came on on a channel you were watching, I'm sure watching coverage of your country DEFENDING YOU for about twenty minutes won't kill you. And if it will, go outside or something. If you don't like what's on TV, stop bitching and go ride your bike or something. I'm sure they'll be showing Teletubby re-runs at a later date.

Flame on.