Wrestling Forum banner

Pick the THREE you think will go down this season!

• Queens Park Rangers

Votes: 136 94.4%
  • Reading

Votes: 130 90.3%
  • Wigan Athletic

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 46 31.9%
  • Southampton

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Sunderland

Votes: 41 28.5%
  • West Ham United

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Newcastle United

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Norwich City

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Stoke City

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Fulham

Votes: 6 4.2%

Good Night Sweet Premier League

400K views 12K replies 188 participants last post by  Bryan D. 
#1 ·
Will this thread be the last one for season 2012-13?

#2,442 ·
Re: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLRAFA

Liverpool's official twitter had urged everyone to ask question for Stewart Downing (#AskDowning). Here are some of them :

Q.Jamie Carragher has seen some things during his time at Anfield, but... how did the poor guy feel when he first played with you?

Q.If you were a footballer, what would your preferred position be?

Q.In 2009 Pogatetz said you would eventually join a top 4 club. Do you think that will ever happen?

Q.So you left Aston Villa for Champions League football. How's that working out for you?

Q.How did it feel to have more arrests than assists last season?

Q.How do the Liverpool strikers feel when they are stood in the box for the 978th time, waiting for you to cross the ball?

Q.how do you sleep at night knowing you get paid for trying to play football

Q.How did you feel last season knowing Tim Howard was closer to lifting the golden boot than you?

Q.Did you laugh when Liverpool brought you for 18 million?

Q.Did you feel that Messi robbed you when he won the Ballon D'or?

Q.What will you wear when you win the Ballon D'or next year? Please don't wear what Messi did, OK?

Q.You finished 230948th on the Ballon D'or list, behind my mate Mak who plays for my school team. Did
you expect to finish this high?

Q.When you retire, will you ever think of starting a career as a professional footballer?

Q.Which stadium has the comfiest bench?

Q.Are you the only player to be neither footed?
:downing

#6,630 ·
#7,296 ·
Re: #WellDoneFA (ft. Gunner making an ass out of himself ...... again)

Why do people keep using 'but you can break someones leg and get 3 matches!' as a justification why this ban is extortionate? Yes, you can put in a bad tackle and injure someone severely, but a tackle is a part of the game, at the end of the day. It's a contact sport and injuries will happen, and if someone is excessive/reckless it's correct they should be punished. But biting? There's zero reason for it to even be an issue on a football field. It can't be looked at the same way.

What Suarez did meets the criteria for an ABH conviction. Biting someone may not hurt as much as getting an elbow to the head, but any number of diseases can be transferred if the bite breaks the skin. It obviously needs to be clamped down on, because it's dangerous and fucking mental.

While 10 games is high, Rush summed it up perfectly. Regardless of where it happened, Suarez has prior for this exact thing, and has already served a lengthy ban under the FA. Of course it's going to impact his punishment.

#7,297 ·
Re: #WellDoneFA (ft. Gunner making an ass out of himself ...... again)

Why do people keep using 'but you can break someones leg and get 3 matches!' as a justification why this ban is extortionate? Yes, you can put in a bad tackle and injure someone severely, but a tackle is a part of the game, at the end of the day. It's a contact sport and injuries will happen, and if someone is excessive/reckless it's correct they should be punished. But biting? There's zero reason for it to even be an issue on a football field. It can't be looked at the same way.

What Suarez did meets the criteria for an ABH conviction. Biting someone may not hurt as much as getting an elbow to the head, but any number of diseases can be transferred if the bite breaks the skin. It obviously needs to be clamped down on, because it's dangerous and fucking mental.

While 10 games is high, Rush summed it up perfectly. Regardless of where it happened, Suarez has prior for this exact thing, and has already served a lengthy ban under the FA. Of course it's going to impact his punishment.
Interesting choice of words :suarez1

Already seeing the tabloid reports of Suarez wanting to leave in the summer now

#10,232 ·
Re: Sir Alex Ferguson: Greatest of all Time. COME FORTH THE BIBLICAL ONE. SUPER FRANK

Football memories aren’t just made on the pitch.

I remember turning around after Juventus scored their second goal in the Champions League 1999 and saying ‘how badly do you think they’re going to beat us?’, the Drogba sending off/Terry slip, both me and my girlfriend of the time jumping up off the seat (she was sat on my lap so it was more of a shoved off her seat) when the commentator screamed ‘MACHEDAAAA’, checking BBC Sport on my phone in the kitchen and seeing that Rooney had signed a new contract (I could go on but were getting close to memories of last season!). Throughout it Ferguson was there. He was always going to be there. And now he’s gone.

But weirdly enough, I’m not sad. I’m proud. Amazing man who has given me so much to be thankful for. After his speech today I can say I’m 100% behind Moyes. Next season can’t come quick enough.

#285 ·
Re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread

This all seems a little too easy for my liking. Either City are extremely grateful for our present last season or this is just the early stages of their masterplan. City match on April 6th. More than enough time to initiate their masterplan starting then when
superagent :rvp
poisons the whole Utd squad with
BLUE poison
thus striking down the entire Utd first team for the season leaving us to play Bebe on the wing and Buttner at ......
LEFT BACK :jones
at which point Yaya and co will leap back into beast mode winning games 5-2 for City while our youth team continue to "leak" own goals after being infiltrated by
:darkbarry

I'm onto them.

Be nice to rest players now today with Madrid coming up. We probably wont win the CL but it'd be massive to beat Madrid over 2 legs regardless and that would give the whole squad a TON of confidence going into next season. Be surprised if we risk Rio, Evans, Rooney, Carrick and Van Persie. Maybe even Rafael too. Terrific position to be in though. Hopefully trusty
:gibson
can persuade Fellaini and co to give us a stroll in the park on a sunday afternoon in exchange for a 1-0 defeat. Still be 9 points clear and save ourselves for Madrid.

#361 ·

12 points clear, feels good.

Rafael rightfully gets the Man of the Match award. He was terrific from start to finish. He really handled the Everton attacks down the left flank well and he really is a joy to watch in attack. Kept Baines, Pienaar and Mirallas quiet pretty much all match. The set up for Van Persie's goal was tremendous. The guy just shows so much energy, enthusiasm and heart when playing on the pitch. I don't care what happened at the Olympics, he deserves to be called up to the Brazil squad, not Alvez (whose not having the greatest season). Still, him not playing in a friendly benefits us more. Nevertheless, still the best right back in the Premier League along with Zabaleta.

Vidic was a close second for me for Man of the Match. The guy is a true leader, organised our back four and was brilliant in the air. He kept outjumping Anichebe and Fellaini and kept them quiet all match. Evans also had a really good game and continues to blossom as a centreback when playing alongside Vidic or Ferdinand. Evra was good going forward again and did defend well at times. He really needs to stop jogging back though and show more urgency when defending.

Valencia looked good first half but he was careless at times second half. He had the beating of Baines a few times but didn't really do much. He really needs to start firing in those accurate and deadly crosses and have the confidence to take on his man more. Cleverley was solid as was Jones, who did a good job man marking Fellaini and keeping him quiet all game - to the point that Fellaini had to drop deep to get on the ball. Giggs had another great game on the left and his finish for the first goal was nicely put away with the right foot. He continues to score in the Premier League and I'm enjoying this revival he's showing this season.

Van Persie with his 23rd goal of the season. He had another good game, showed some nice flicks and link up play and worked hard getting back. Did seem to tire towards the end of the second half but that was understandable. He finished well with the goal also. Such a lethal finisher when he gets a chance (discarding the first opportunity he had though). Rooney wasn't that prolific in terms of testing Howard but he worked hard all match and tracked back to help out Evra a lot, which was fantastic to see. I'm loving how this Rooney/Van Persie partnership is going.

Carrick also made a good contribution when he came on to settle the midfield. Was calm and composed on the ball and allowed us to control the game more in the second half. We started well first half, allowed Everton back into it and then played better as time went on at the end of the first half and in the second half.

Bring on Real Madrid and QPR!

#1,053 · (Edited)

We've finally won a game :shock If we had lost today I would have really started to worry, so thank fuck for the late come back. Having said that, it seems as if Hughton was happy to settle for a draw:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21482896

"Once you are 1-0 down and you get back to 1-1, you have to be honest and say you settle for that. But the lads wanted something different and showed great drive and determination to get the winner."
You play for draws and you get them. We have drawn a lot of games this season, shock horror. I'm just glad that the players weren't willing to give up the win.

Kei Kamara looks exactly like the type of player that hoped he would be; quick, strong, skillful and dominant in the air. We actually looked like we had a goal threat with him on the pitch. He leaped like a salmon for his goal. I was also pleased that fatty Holt finally ended his goal drought of something like 18 games...

It was nice to see Hoots use subs effectively for once when Kei replaced the ineffective Becchio after 50 minutes, there wasn't any first sub in the 88th minute nonsense today. Fair play to Chris for realising that Holt and Becchio wasn't working against Everton's high defensive line. Those two are slower Jamie Carragher so they were never going to achieve much.

As critical as I am of Hoot's tactics and general negative style/philosophy I must say that his performance in the past two transfer windows has been superb:

- Turner at £1.5 million is an absolute bargain. He started poorly but has been our rock since October, forming a quality partnership with Bassong.

- Whittaker on a free is basically theft from us. He's injured at the moment but he was excellent during our unbeaten run. He got injured when we were drawing against WBA before being subbed off, we then conceded a late goal down his side (where he would have been). The streak ended there and we failed to win another league game (eight) until today.

- Bassong at £3.5 million is great value and arguably one of the club's greatest CB's. Only 26 goals conceded in 23 league games that he has played. We've let in 16 in 4 league games without him. 8 clean sheets in 23 league games. Says a lot.

- Garrido on loan has been decent, he had three excellent months from September to November. Probably out best pure footballer. Not the best defender but he has been present during all of our league clean sheets this season.

- Tettey was another bargain at £1.5 million. He performed like a £10 million man during the streak, a phenomenal athlete and a quality midfield general that protects the back four. Had his second start against Arsenal in our 1-0 and we went unbeaten from there and in the next seven games he started, conceding only 4 goals in that time. He missed the next two games (villa cup and Swansea) and we let in 7 goals in two games.

- Snodgrass is a contender for POTS with his goals, assists and general performances. Good value at £3 million.

- Bunn is a good stand in keeper and presents value at £800K. He makes a few mistakes but no more than most prem starters. Has been in excellent form recently conceding just 2 goals in the past four games while also making important saves.

- Kei already looks like our best striker in just 40 minutes of football. Hoots showing Roeder and Gunn how to use the loan system correctly with this signing and Garrido's.

- The jury is out on Becchio who looks short of quality, but it's early days. It's not as if we lost much through signing him anyway, an out of form Moro and £200K.

Not that we have an actually decent striker (to work alongside the unmotivated Holt) we might start winning a few more games...hopefully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.