Votes: 35 11.1%
  • Dynamite Kid

Votes: 28 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 28 8.9%

The "In Ring ability" Mount Rushmore

13K views 167 replies 119 participants last post by  fija1001 
#1 · (Edited)
This stems from discussion about Hogan/Austin/Rock/Undertaker as the Mt Rushmore of Wrestling - Who would be on that Mount Rushmore for purely in ring ability? Forget gimmicks, based on skill and matches said person had.

There are a lot of options, but trying to narrow that to the top 4 of all time would be quite a challenge.

I have some names I believe would be listed more often than not. Some examples are:

Bret Hart
Owen Hart?
Kurt Angle
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
HBK
William Regal
Mr Perfect
Randy Orton
Chris Jericho
Ricky Steamboat
Dolph Ziggler
Ric Flair?
Daniel Bryan
Randy Savage
Dean Malenko
Jushin Liger
Kevin Nash
Dynamite Kid
Other

Can vote for more than 1 person, pick 4

There are some non WWE/WCW/TNA people such as Kenta Kobashi that might earn recognition, but I would imagine keep it within the federations a majority of people know.

Who would some of you place in the top 4?

See less See more
#18 ·
Seeing only 2 other people vote for Mr perfect makes me feel old. The guy was class in the ring.

Reactions: Freeloader
#21 ·
I think top in-ring performers and the best techincal wrestlers are two different groups; just my opinion though :)

Based on Technical Ablity
Chris Benoit
Kurt Angle
Eddie Guerrero
Bret Hart.

Top in-ring Performers
Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker
The Rock
... - You could choose out of a number of people... personally, I would say Ric Flair.

#138 ·
Kurt Angle
Dean Malenko
Bret Hart
Chris Benoit

Reactions: NiKKi_SEGA
#147 · (Edited)
Which is why I'm baffled Austin is not on the list. I'd argue he was a better in-ring worker than Michaels (unless you love excessive bumping).

I wanted to put OTHER, but of the guys listed I ended up voting for Bret, Eddie, Flair and Liger.

Surprised Malenko is so high. I get that his gimmick is "master of moves/technician," but I thought he was a poor match builder and often lacked chemistry with other great workers, which is why he tends to not have a lot of high-end matches.

#149 · (Edited)
imo (no order):
HBK
Eddie Guerrero
Kurt Angle
Chris Benoit

I do think the concept of "in-ring ability" is being put in a box here. Technical wrestling is just another style of wrestling, it's not inherently better or worse than other styles. I guess it's just that there are more "bad" brawlers and high-flyers, since more new guys tend to gravitate to one of those two (due to the fact that major companies seem to prefer those styles). I consider guys like Undertaker and Stone Cold to be great workers, and neither of them were exactly known for their technical skills... Well, not counting Stunning Steve Austin and The Ringmaster.

Reactions: NiKKi_SEGA
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.