Wrestling Forum banner

Most Impressive Member In The Shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shield Discussion Thread II

767K views 6K replies 727 participants last post by  Asenath 
#1 · (Edited)
The first Shield Discussion Thread reached over 9,000 posts and featured a poll that received close to 1300 votes which is one of the most impressive stats I have seen on this forum. Now, let us continue...

All discussion on Reigns - Ambrose - Rollins goes here.​

See less See more
7 1
#421 ·
Random thoughts on RAW:

In-ring promo. :mark: 3MB :mark: Hell No :mark:

Nice match and the face team got some good offense in too but Holy cow, REIGNS pinned CENA. :mark: :mark: :mark: :bateman :bateman :bateman Cena sold that injury pretty nicely during the match so props to him (Y)

..and now on SD we're gonna have Kane vs Ambrose? :mark:

#429 ·
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

So Shield just pinned Cena and here's NOTHING GOING ON???????!!!!!!
WHAT THE FUCK???
INJUSTICE!!!!
I know Cena was "injured" and "bla bla so it wasn't a real clean win!" but FUCK THAT!!! :mark: :mark: :mark: :mark: :mark:
Just be happy for the fucking damn moment!

Ambrose spitting on Cena in that pic would've been pure satisfaction. :bateman
Rollins "OOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAH!" was fucking epic!!! :lmao

Their promo was awesome, too! Ambrose "...and without mercy." was fucking brutal and intense. LOVED IT!
Also 3MB and Shield rules.
These both groups together is priceless.
Their faces when 3MB came down: Hilarious.
Slater going "SHIELD... SHUT UP!" and "HUUU-UUUUUUH!" was one of the BEST. THINGS. THAT. NIGHT.
And at least 3MB have balls!

ALSO:

How great is that??? My two favorites of all time in one ring IN ONE MATCH!!!!! :mark: :mark: :mark:

I don't know how to handle this. I don't know.
If I accidently read any spoiler I'll kill everybody.
Ambrose and Kane.. AMBROSE AND KANE :bateman :bateman :bateman

#435 ·
^ Except it wasn't Cena vs Reigns. It was a team effort with 3 vs 3. If it wasn't, trust me more people would've talked about it. It's not like WWE highlights who pins who either when they're having tag matches. Also Taker having his first singles match since forever with Ambrose is a bit different case than Cena (in a tag match), even if he's champion or not.

#534 ·
When word spread that Roman Reigns had caught the attention of Triple H, the belief was that he was going to be built up as a future main event performer. WWE has definitely taken that approach. They've protected him on the microphone by limiting the amount of things that he has to say. They're also building him up as a formidable opponent, as evident by the fact that he was given a pinfall victory over John Cena at Monday Night RAW this week.

In correlation, while WWE is also high on Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose is rapidly standing out from his teammates. While Seth Rollins is allowed some lines, Ambrose is given the most important points of the promo. As noted, Roman Reigns is relegated to quick lines. WWE also trusts Ambrose more in the ring. They used him last week against the Undertaker, and they're having him face Kane at the next Smackdown.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

#542 ·
This is the way I look at The Shield:

Their dominance/booking will have an impact with casuals/smarks, which will help them as they will look strong while each individual works on their flaws over time. It's been said many times that in the WWE they like to give guys the ball and let them run with it. The Shield are holding their own quite will so far.

• Rollins was criticized for his mic work and he's getting more with the Shield this will help him gain confidence and experience. He is extremely athletic and the crowd loved him as a face in NXT. He won't be the next Jeff Hardy, he'll be better.
  • Reigns was criticized for being green in the ring, he's getting the opportunity to work on that while still looking dominant. His spear is a thing of beauty.
  • Ambrose is the most complete out of all three and it is most likely the reason he's getting the singles matches right now. The guy was made for wrestling and it shows.

The casuals tend to have a short memory/attention span, so when the Shield disband they have to keep the momentum going with these guys and by that I mean the booking needs to stay consistent. For now, they need to be given a bit more direction in terms of purpose, their dominance is great but it feels a bit hollow. Only Ambrose alone could get away with directionless chaos, that's more his thing.

Reactions: kendoo
#556 ·
Ambrose and Reigns are close to the same height. Dean slouches and Roman has excellent posture. Using Punk as a measure for Rollins, Punk is clearly around 6 feet and Seth is taller by a bit.

They're all taller than Hornswoggle and shorter than Khali. Everything else is splitting hairs.

#614 ·
Same here.

I'm guilty of contributing to the spoilers that got posted a couple of days ago, but I'm glad they're getting deleted.

I think board members need to better educate ourselves on using the spoiler tag, or better yet, avoiding posting spoilers altogether except where allowed.

#619 ·
The thing I really like about the group is the chemistry. They seem to genuinely enjoy each other's company and be friends outside the arena. It's great to see them grow in WWE together. I'm enjoying it all now and I know that years down the line I will look back fondly on the days when this group was formed.

#678 · (Edited)
Awesome edit, delbusto. WWE needs to hire you for their video promos. :lol I've been finding myself watching smackdown more often these days and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't because of the shield. I figured that this feud with them would continue and I've just been loving their matches. Ambrose delivered once again. I accidentally spoilered myself in here, but I thoroughly enjoyed Ambrose's & Kane's match. Even though Dean was the one who came up on top, like the Undertaker, Dean brought a barrel full of legitimacy back to Kane's character.

-edit- Also...dat headstomp.

#789 ·
Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed Ambrose staring down the US belt like a plate of ribs. I'd be kinda surprised if he took it off Kofi in the near future since they've kind of hinted at Big E and Cesaro both going after it too. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing the Shield walk out of ER with the US and tag belts.

#796 ·
I keep saying it over and over, and I will say it again.

The Shield are bigger than any title in the WWE (barring the WWE Championship) and winning any title would bring them down by epic proportions. You simply can't put the belts on them because if you do, who is going to beat them? That's not even the issue. If they become champions, who is going to look CREDIBLE enough to even challenge them? They have destroyed every top star in the company already. Cena, Sheamus, Ryback, Orton, Bryan, Kane, Mysterio, Miz, the list goes on and on.

It just can't happen. If it does, they won't be losing the belts for a VERY long time and that would just mean that other superstars wouldn't be able to move up the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.