Wrestling Forum banner

PWA Legacy - April 7

13K views 258 replies 17 participants last post by  Bullseye 
#1 · (Edited)

PWA Legacy . April 7, 2013 . NY/NJ

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

PWA Legacy -- How Will You Be Remembered?

And so it begins... after one year of strong showings, the Pure Wrestling Alliance has marched its way to the one-year mark.

One whole year of wrestling, one whole year of shit-talking, one whole year of Thunder every Tuesday night.

Legacy marks the premier pay per view event of the Pure Wrestling Alliance, and the celebration of its first major achievement.

All 19 men on the PWA roster will give everything they have; they will put it all on the line to prove their worth, to prove they belong among the elite in wrestling history.

What will their Legacy be?

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...​

Card for PWA Legacy

Falls Count Anywhere
Elimination Match
Hardcore Championship

The Tutor vs. Mike Hero vs. James Shelley
vs. Jesus Valentine vs. Sweet 'n' Sour

Match Preview: The Tutor has been the Hardcore Champion since January 27 of this year, when he acquired the belt at PWA Over the Top. Since that time, he has refused to bow down to the traditional booking structure.

The Hardcore Championship is the lowest prestige belt on the roster, but with such men as Bangarang and Nelson King being former champions, it has risen in worth; and now Tutor has made sure to make an impact with his first title reign in the PWA.

He's done that by pissing off Kevin Andrews to no avail: contesting official decisions of matches, getting violent with referees, refusing to wrestle -- The Tutor has done it all.

A fitting resume for the Hardcore Champion, and by earning the ire of Andrews he has earned the ire of James Shelley -- PWA's Englishman with a nasty streak of his own who has yet to taste gold. Will that all change tonight? And will it be doubly sweet for Shelley if he pins The Tutor to do it?

Joining him in this five way dance is another man who has recently become an enemy of The Tutor: Mike Hero.

Hero is one of the newest members of the roster, but he earned this shot within the past two weeks by challenging The Tutor at PWA's first Open Fight Night. Though Tutor walked out on the match, Andrews stepped in and booked the fight to happen again the following week, and Hero came out on top.

Mike Hero knows he can beat The Tutor, but can he outlast four other men to have a shot at gold?

Sweet 'n' Sour is another recent worker who knows he can beat The Tutor, having bested both the Hardcore Champ and James Shelley in a triple threat match at Thunder 32.

Sour's impressive debut earned him the quickest title shot in PWA history the following week; but The Tutor escaped with the belt. Now Sour will have a second shot at creating a new history.

And if the debuts of Hero and Sour have not been impressive enough, Jesus Valentine has come on to the scene with something to prove -- and so far he's had no problems, working his way to 3rd place in the OFN Invitational.

Perhaps a month from now we will be talking about Valentine as a potential opponent for the World Title, but tonight, only four weeks out from his inaugural match, Valentine eyes a different prize: the Hardcore Championship.

Five men enter; only one has worn gold before. Will that same one emerge with the title around his waist? Or will a new name etch its legacy on the PWA's burgeoning hardcore scene?​

"Prove It" Triple Threat
Muhammad Islami vs. Ryan Trevors vs. KeRo
winner receives 50 bonus points in the OFN Invitational

Match Preview: Ryan Trevors has been back-peddling since his strong debut, with a string of losses to Sweet 'n' Sour, including a failed attempt to call him out at Open Fight Night.

Similarly, KeRo has been struggling to stay in the hunt for championship gold. Ever since he was pinned by Tutor at PWA Over the Top, KeRo just has not been the same competitor.

Both men join outspoken, controversial newcomer, Muhammad Islami, near the bottom of the OFN Invitational Standings, meaning they have their work cut out for them if they hope to ascend the rankings and earn a shot at the World Title.

But all three have a chance tonight to erase some of that deficit by emerging victorious on the grandest stage of them all and earning a 50 point boost to their point totals.

Which man can find the fire within to turn their recent luck around and make their first Legacy appearance one to remember?​

TLC Ladder Match
Tag Team Championships

Mascara de la Muerte and Little Jiminy Cricket
vs. Jack Young and AG Zero
vs. Nelson King and Bangarang

Match Preview: The Tag Title scene has long been a two man show since Andrews first decided to re-activate the championships. Mascara de la Muerte first began the reign with an impressive one man grasp that included a 1-on-2 defense against James Shelley and Ronnie Shullman that cost Shullman his job.

When Andrews threatened Mascara's belts again, one of the PWA's most lovable members was forced to find a partner. He did so by referring to an old friend and once-rival, Little Jiminy Cricket, and the duo have since ruled over the division and become two of the most popular good guys in wrestling.

But this Sunday, at PWA Legacy, they face their toughest challenge yet, as the tag division has suddenly ignited with an influx of factions all vying to control every belt. The most successful of those factions being The Cataclysm.

Headed by World Champion, Lee Powell, and solidified with former two-time TV Champion, AG Zero, and the rising Jack Young, the three have been a thorn in the side of everyone on the roster and have come close on several occasions to possessing every single belt the PWA has to offer.

Tonight they could take a big step in establishing their own legacy; but they will have to pass through not just the tables, ladders, and chairs in the arena, and not just through the Tag Team Champions, but through the wrestling world's newest faction, as well: Trivolution, who have their eyes set on spoiling everything The Cataclysm hopes to achieve.

While one member of the fledgling force, Dustin Dreamer, prepares to face Lee Powell in our main event; fan-favorite and the first Hardcore Champion, Bangarang, and PWA's most decorated champion, the veteran, Nelson King, will join the TLC match for a chance at gold.

Will Trivolution's pay per view debut get off to a legendary start? Will Nelson King become the PWA's first triple crown champion? Will The Cataclysm inch closer to their goal of complete domination of Kevin Andrews' Thunder program?

Or will the defending Tag Team Champions do the impossible... again!​
Triple Threat Match
Television Championship

Dave Martini vs. John Connor vs. Tom Bombadil

Match Preview: While the match before this on the card features veterans across the board, this one features two men who have yet to wear championship gold in a one fall to a finish, triple threat match with the man who very few can claim to have ever beaten: Dave Martini.

Martini's rise to prominence in the PWA was quick -- cementing the longest undefeated streak in history as he marched through the roster; and once he entered the main event, he has remained there.

He represents one of the most consistent threats, and matches that with consistently quality work in the ring. Week in, week out; Martini has graced Thunder audiences with his presence, and though the World Title has as-of-yet alluded him, he has worn the Television Title with a class only he could bring it.

At least, that is what he would tell you. The Cataclysm would disagree. Trivolution would disagree. The Faction would disagree. Martini has made many enemies in his time here, but this Sunday John Connor and Tom Bombadil will need to find a way to do what not too many have done: defeat him.

Going in their favor is the rules of the match that Martini need not be pinned for the belt to change hands. With Bombadil and Connor two rising favorites of the PWA Galaxy S-III, and Martini a common foe; perhaps we see them work together?

But that may be tough to abide. John Connor prefers to work alone and has had his eyes set on establishing himself as a legitimate singles competitor since day one. When on top of his game, he has dominated opponents with relative ease. But will his best be enough come Sunday?

And Tom Bombadil has proven himself to be a valiant wrestler each week. He makes his opponent work for any victory, for any advantage, and he has never looked unworthy, even in defeat.

Both men proved themselves last week by emerging victorious in strong showings over their respective opponents and earning a shot at Martini's gold. But will either of them be able to take that next step into the main event scene? Will they emerge from the midcard to cement a legacy of their own?

Or will Dave Martini instead emerge from another successful title defense as the clear favorite to challenge the World Champion?​

Main Event
World Championship

Lee Powell vs. Dustin Dreamer

Match Preview: Many have tried. None have succeeded. The list of main event level talent that World Champion Lee Powell has disposed of during his historic 187 day reign is a list that perhaps no PWA World Champion will ever compile again.

Legacy is meant to be the biggest pay per view event of the year, pitting the world's most hated villain against an inspiring, against-all-odds underdog.

Lee Powell vs. Dustin Dreamer is just that.

Though Dreamer himself may disagree with the analogy, the main event of PWA Legacy is David verse Goliath. It's "The Streak" verse the man who overcame the odds at Over the Top to earn his chance at glory.

Which force will emerge victorious? Will Lee Powell begin year two of the Pure Wrestling Alliance just as he ended year one: its champion? Or will Dustin Dreamer achieve his dream of becoming the best in the world on the biggest night of the year?

What legacy will these two warriors leave behind?​

MAKING YOUR PICKS
The deadline for picks is Sunday before the WrestleMania pre-show begins.
Please pick 8 (eight) wrestlers off the current WWE roster and 2 (two) back-ups in case of a draw.
Your picks will garner points on this week's RAW, SD!, and Main Event
Do NOT edit your post after the deadline or you will be automatically disqualified.

CUTTING A PROMO
If you want to cut a promo please do so in this thread.
Promos are gambles used to potentially increase your wrestler's Overness.

GOOD LUCK!
Remember to spread word about the league!
Good luck to everyone in their respective matches!

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...​
.​
.​
.​
.​
.​

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Mike Hero Picks:

1.UnderTaker
2.John Cena
3.Ryback
4.Kane
5.Dolph Ziggler
6.Fandango
7.Triple H
8.Alberto Del Rio

Back-ups:
Chris Hero
Kaitlyn

Promo:
"AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOROROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

#4 ·
PICKS

1. Undertaker
2. John Cena
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Ryback
5. Seth Rollins
6. Roman Reigns
7. Dean Ambrose
8. Kane

BACKUPS

1. Tensai
2. Brodus Clay

PROMO - "PWA Legacy will be the most important day in my history as a PWA competitor. I will win the Television Title on this night, and I will solidify my new status as the one who overcame the obstacles to become the future face of PWA. Jolly Tom Out."

#5 · (Edited)
Little Jiminy Cricket's Picks:
1.) John Cena
2.) Undertaker
3.) Triple H
4.) Brodus Clay
5.) Fandangooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh:mark:
6.) Ryback
7.) Orton
8.) Sweet T / Lord Sensai / Sensai / Albert

Cricket's Back ups:
1.) Dolph Ziggler
2.) Alberto Del Rio

Little Jiminy Cricket's Promo:
Cricket:
"Mascara and I have the munchies. And the only thing that satisfies us are the PWA Tag Team Titles.

and Peanut Butter. Peanut Butter, spread in between the two titles. Maybe some salami-"

Mascara:
"No Cricket. Stop it. Sober up, we have our match next!"

#7 · (Edited)
Going with the safe bets.
PICKS
Cena
Undertaker
Triple H
Del Rio
Sheamus
Ryback
The Miz
D Bryan

BACKUPS
Roman Reigns
Kane

AG ZERO: Last weeks loss was a JOKE. I'm coming at 'Rang. If kicking his ass also gets me the belts from a couple jokers, that's a Win-Win. Today is Legacy. I AM Legacy. The first PWA stable, two time TV champ, eternal thorn in Andrews' side. This week the belt goes to the LEGEND. I am the Techno Messiah. The Cyber Savior. Your Beautiful Digital King. Dave Martini and John Connor? Be scared Cuz I'm coming for MY TV Title next.

Put the kids to bed. This is when being on HBO comes in handy. Sh!t is about to get loud. Please rise while I am joined by my good friend, Techa Nina.

(Enter Rapper Tech N9ne)

Tech N9ne: Bit-heads and TECHnicians! A lotta folks be talkin' bout how much better they are than the Cyberpunk here, you know what I'm sizzlin'? But those bitches are Mutha Fckin Liars! Yo, AG! Let me hit your music for you man.

OOC: I found out he remixed my intro music and I knew I had to to this for our mania just for the lols even if it's only funny to me :D

#8 ·
* Main Picks *

John Cena
Alberto Del Rio
Undertaker
Triple H
Dolph Ziggler
Wade Barrett
Kane
Daniel Bryan

* Backups *

Brodus Clay
Tensai

* Promo *

It's now. The time is now. Metlife Stadium, the venue of our legacy. The legacy of what our hard work amounts to. The legacy of what our passion, our blood, our sweat, our tears, all lead towards. How will we be remembered? Will we be remembered as the guy who always fought well, but never got the job done when it mattered? Will we be remembered as the guy who was one hell of a challenge to defeat? Will we be remembered as someone who was worthy, and wasn't just here for the money? Time will tell, but I can assure that tonight, I, John Connor, will attain my dream of salvation, and fulfill my need for recognition by capturing the Television Championship. Tom Bombadil, I mean you no offence, but you mount no challenge to me. You're merely a miniscule obstacle to main target, and that is Dave Martini. Dave Martini, 2 weeks ago on Open Fight Night, you showed nothing but utter contempt and disrespect when I was being noble and humble. You ran your mouth right into a huge problem. That night I decided I wanted your title, to teach you a lesson, and beat some respect into you. Once the dust settles, and the bell has rung, Dave Martini you'll be looking up at the New York sky, wondering just what the hell happened, and usher in an era of your need for self-evaluation, shaken, not stirred.

#9 ·
Mascara de la Muerte

Picks:

1. John Cena
2. CM Punk
3. Alberto Del Rio
4. Fandango
5. Triple H
6. Ryback
7. Sheamus
8. Mark Henry

Backups:

1. Dolph Ziggler
2. Big Show

Promo:

What's my legacy? First of all, I am the greatest luchador to ever step foot in PWA ring. Second of all, I am the longest reigning champion in PWA history. Then, I am a part of PWA's greatest tag team in history. And on top of all that, I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS. And after tonight, nobody will have any doubts about my legacy. Porque soy Mascara de la Muerte. Te Guste o no!

#10 · (Edited)
Picks:

1. John Cena
2. Undertaker
3. Alberto Del Rio
4. Fandango
5. Ryback
6. Randy Orton
7. Roman Reigns
8. The Miz
9. Kane

B1. Daniel Bryan
B2. Dolph Ziggler

Promo:

Lacy: Ladies and gentlemen, your World Heavyweight Champion; Lee Powell.

Lacy: Lee, the last couple of weeks we barely saw you on Thunder, and in last weeks 3v3 tag team match, you were barely in action. Why was that?

LP: Really? Really? You have a chance to interview the main event of Legacy, the guy who will steal the show, the guy who has been champion for how many days was it agian?

Lacy: 187 days, but ...

LP: That's right, 187 days! And that's the first question you ask? Next question!

Lacy: Uh, ... Ok. How do you plan on defeating Dreamer?

LP: I'm going to pin him. You know, 1 2 3. Or maybe I'll give the audience a show and put him in the Anaconda vice to make him tap out.

Lacy: I think it's going to be a little harder ...

LP: Seriously? Thanks for sharing you opinion, which is by the way quite irrelevant. It IS that simple. This belt means I'm the best what this company has to offer, and I have been that since october 1st, 2012. Since that day I have beaten men like King, Cricket, Mascara or Dave Martini. All guys who proved themselves in this company, all guys who have what it takes to take this belt away from me, but who weren't good enough on the day. All these guys are future Hall of Famers, while Dreamer ... Well Dreamer is just a footnote. After tonight, he'll go back were he belongs and I'll be looking forward to our next PPV, where hopefully I'll find a better opponent. Does that answer your question?

Lacy: Alright final question; any words for the thousands in attendance?

LP: Yes. Fuck you.

#13 ·
Picks For Nelson King

• John Cena
  • The Undertaker
  • Daniel Bryan
  • The Miz
  • Alberto Del Rio
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Ryback
  • Chris Jericho

Alternate Picks

• Kane
  • Triple H

Promo For Nelson King

Nelson King is hooded and has a beard, he's leaning against an old building and is barely looking at the camera.

"Well, here we are. A chance to stake my claim at being the best. Always stealing the show when it matters most. Will I become the first ever PWA triple Crown winner? Hey, ask me after Sunday night. Oh and Don't forget about Dreamer, my boy, You got it baby, wooo.

Nelson King Lets out a primal roar...

TRIIIIIVOOOLUTIIIOOOOON

We're here for the long haul and our time is now. Dustin Dreamer, Nelson King and Bangarang. WE. ARE. TRIVOLUTION!"

#14 ·
Announcer: Ladies and Gentleman, for his first official in-ring interview, please welcome, The Tutor.

(Tutor comes out in street clothes)

"For 30 something years, I've been a fan of this sport.

(interrupted by BOOS)

What? You mad I'm not out here doing my "college professor gimmick? Where's my big book? I'm supposed to sit here and spout of cool and intellectual words and tell you that class is dismissed? Screw it. And screw all of you.

(Boos)

Oh you don't like me? Big deal. You know who else doesn't like me? The commissioner. He's had it out for me since day 1 and I did nothing but play by the rules. I did his stupid little professor gimmick. I spent a year reading the god damn dictionary so that I could sound like an asshole instead of a wrestler who just wants to come out and kick some ass.

(Smark cheers)

Well no longer. I'm not following the damn rules. I make my own rules. As I was saying, I've been watching this sport for 30 years and I watched rule breakers dominate this sport. Stone Cold Steve Austin. The Rock. Million Dollar Man. The NATURE BOY RIC FLAIR! WHOOOOOOO

(Smark cheer)

Macho Man Randy Savage. Bless his soul. The NWO! Roddy Piper. Degeneration X. You have CM Punk over there in the WWE

(Boo)

Bully Ray in TNA

(Boo)

Hell. Even the UNDERTAKER is a badass rule breaker. What do all those names have in common? They were ALL successful. I can't sit and wait for the guys in the back, behind their suits and desk to give me my well deserved shot at the PWA Title. I have to go and take it myself. That's why I have been refusing to fight. I've been disrespected. You know DAMN well that I deserve a PWA title shot, not stuck down here in the Hardcore division.

(Boos)

SO go ahead boss, Mr. Tough Guy....put me in the ring with four nobodies to try and take this title off me. I will carry the tradition of the company rule breaker and I will rise to the top. I'm coming for you Powell..oh yeah..............class dismissed

(Throws the microphone into the crowd)

#30 · (Edited)
Coming out on stage. Holding the hardcore championship over his shoulder.

"Seeing as I knocked you the hell out last week. And the fact. They had to roll your ass out the ring. I don't think you deserve any kind of title shot. Hell. if anything this is your title shot for the hardcore championship. Because I'm walking in with this belt and Ill be damned if I dont walk out with it. Now list to the crowd howl for me. They know you don't stand a chance. Neither do these other weaklings that step into the ring with me. Now Say with me " Mike Hero Is a Best Damn Wrestler In Universe." "

The Crowd Repeating his every word.

Tosses the mic onto the ground. walking towards the crowd. Jumping in disappearing in the waves of his clamouring fans

#18 ·
Dustin Dreamer's Picks:
1. John Cena
2. Ryback
3. Dean Ambrose
4. Randy Orton
5. Fandango
6. Dolph Ziggler
7. Alberto Del Rio
8. The Miz

Backups:
1. Brodus Clay
2. Jack Swagger

Promo:
Dustin Dreamer is sitting in the highest up row of MetLife Stadium with a black hoodie over his face.
Dustin: Tonight..tonight is my proving ground. I've beaten Powell before and I know I can do it again. Tonight is my chance to prove to the world that Dustin Dreamer is no fluke. Powell, Your amazing title run ends tonight when I drop you right on your skull in the middle of the ring with the Dream Crusher! The only way this night can end properly is if i'm holding up the PWA Heavyweight Championship high over my head for the fans even way up here to see!

I've been saying no sleep till Brooklyn and it's true I haven't slept. My minds been heavy with thoughts of what will happen if I lose. If I lose sure I can get a rematch but I will let down these fans! I will let down Bangrang and Nelson King for not doing my part in finishing the takeover of PWA.

Powell, I have too much to fight for to lose tonight. Tonight I WILL take your title Powell! Your reign of terror ends forever tonight. Tonight Powell, Your nightmare comes to life in that ring!

#22 ·
Jesus Valentine Picks:

Taker
Cena
HHH
Ryback
Fandango
Miz
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
---------
Dean Ambrose
Jack Swagger
----------

Promo:

Tonight, Jesus Valentine makes the biggest impact in PWA history.

The biggest night of the year, and I walk into Legacy with one massive chip on my shoulder.

Dominating performances, decimated opponents, and a shot at the title which sums me up best.

Hardcore

To become a Hardcore Champion, it takes something different, something deep, down inside you.

Some say you need to be smartest,

Some say you need to be the most resilient,

But no, to win the Hardcore Title, you have to be the baddest.

I will walk into that Falls Count Anywhere match, and destroy everybody else.

Because, I am the baddest.

No mercy.

Relentless decimation.

And to me, it's all effortless.

Your new Hardcore Champion,

And future World Heavyweight Champion.

#23 ·
Bangarangs Picks

1.John Cena
2.The Miz
3.Dolph Ziggler
4.Alberto Del Rio
5.Randy Orton
6.Kane
7.Daniel Bryan
8.Chris Jericho

Back Ups
B1.Fandangoo
B2.Jack Swagger

Tonight Trivolution will take that step closer to greatness our Legacy will be written tonight and we will prevail. Nelson Lets do this and show what we are made of. TRIVOLUTION WHO ROWDY? WE ROWDY.

#27 · (Edited)
OOC: Gonna do my promo here, never had time to get a good one going before.

The Silver Sheikh is in the process of adjusting the keffiyeh on his head when the camera man walks into the locker room. Islami swipes the keffiyeh from his head and chucks it at the camera man.

TSS: GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE !!

The camera man scurries away but Islami grabs his collar and pulls him back.

TSS: Stay ! Focus on my face ! I need America to hear about it's racism on the grandest stage of them all.

Islami stares into the camera.

TSS: I walked into the Metlife Stadium this morning and was met by jeers by a number of American fans, you know why ? It's because I was wearing the traditional Arab clothing, my thobe. I wasn't dressed in your typical jeans and sneakers so they decided to single me out because I don't follow the crowd, I uphold my heritage and it's time that this 'great nation' accepts that.

Islami hurls the camera into the locker before applying the Silver Clutch on the camera man which can be seen through downed camera.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.