Wrestling Forum banner

WrestleMania XXX Travel Thread

34K views 292 replies 97 participants last post by  ashtx 
#1 ·
So Wrestlemania 29 has ended which means the road to the big anniversary Wrestlemania XXX begins!!

It may seem early creating this thread but packages will be on sale around 12 weeks time, a lot of people will be planning their trip like myself.

Who's planning on going? looking to buy the packages or buy everything separate? What should we expect and get up too in New Orleans?

I went to WM28 on the silver packages which were great, unfortunately couldn't attend WM29 but 30 is a must for me.

#64 ·
I've already started saving and luckily for me, I don't have to worry about airfare or hotel seeing as I live 2 hours away and have family who live a 10 mins from the Superdome. I'd advise anyone who is planning on coming and enjoying nola to bring at least $1000 if you really wanna have fun.

#68 ·
If I'm going to travel all the way from Australia to the US I'm going to spend more than 4 nights so would I be better off getting the package and then going to NY and other tourist cities or buy my wm, axxess, raw tickets and accommodation separately then get my flights and stuff to NY? Also anybody who has bought the Gold or Platinum package can you give me an indication of what the seats are like, please?

#73 ·
For all of you on the fence about going, do it and use it as an opportunity for an awesome vacation!! While Wrestlemania is the "main event" of the weekend, go to an ROH show, maybe wrestlecon, and then experience the city. New Orleans, like Miami and New York, is an amazing place to visit. Go to some awesome restaurants, hang out on Bourbon Street, do a swamp tour, and see the city. There's a reason wwe has picked 3 great destination cities for WMs 28-30. The location is part of the allure of the weekend. If you go and you just do the WWE thing, you're definitely missing out.
My buddies and I got to NYC on Thursday, pigged out at some great places, had front row for ROH, got harrassed by Virgil at wrestlecon, and did all the things you should do when in NYC. Once Sunday evening rolled around, it didn't matter (to some extent) how the show was going to be. The vacation was already a blast.

#74 ·
For all of you on the fence about going, do it and use it as an opportunity for an awesome vacation!! While Wrestlemania is the "main event" of the weekend, go to an ROH show, maybe wrestlecon, and then experience the city. New Orleans, like Miami and New York, is an amazing place to visit. Go to some awesome restaurants, hang out on Bourbon Street, do a swamp tour, and see the city. There's a reason wwe has picked 3 great destination cities for WMs 28-30. The location is part of the allure of the weekend. If you go and you just do the WWE thing, you're definitely missing out.
My buddies and I got to NYC on Thursday, pigged out at some great places, had front row for ROH, got harrassed by Virgil at wrestlecon, and did all the things you should do when in NYC. Once Sunday evening rolled around, it didn't matter (to some extent) how the show was going to be. The vacation was already a blast.
Do elaborate, good sir. Always love a good "Virgil's so pathetic and sad" tale.

#76 ·
While at Wrestlecon, we were in line to meet the Hitman. Virgil was all by himself looking for any fan to stop by. I committed the ultimate sin by making eye contact. At that point, I was stuck. Virgil yelled, "Hey buddy, come on over and check out what I have." I was like a mosquito to a light, unable to tell him no. Once I got to his table, I tried to just shake his hand and return to line. He began to try to sell me anything, a picture, an autograph, a combo of both, etc. I fought the urge and told him no repeatedly. He then brought out his number one item, a poorly made burned dvd of his "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" episode. The man would not stop. I feel really bad for him. The desperation that he had just to sell anything was very sad.

#77 ·
WRESTLEMANIA 3o XXX - Anyone planning on going??

Planning to go to my 2nd WM next year in, has anyone been to a WM before?? How was it?

Does anyone have tips for me on planning my trip to WM? I'm looking to do a package deal from WWE, is that the best way to go?

#79 ·
Re: WRESTLEMANIA 3o XXX - Anyone planning on going??

Planning to go to my 2nd WM next year in, has anyone been to a WM before?? How was it?

Does anyone have tips for me on planning my trip to WM? I'm looking to do a package deal from WWE, is that the best way to go?
I depends, if you plan to be at HOF, AXXESS, WM and RAW it may be the best decision. If not, I would probably buy them separate.

#86 ·
My wife and I are planning to go, went to atlanta for 27 as well, will be buying the package again this time as it worked out to be a much better way to go when we went for 27. Traveling from Oz adds to the cost of course but we've decided that since its in N'Orleans we'll go.

#91 ·
I don't know if booking a hotel as soon as possible is the best way to go. This year we found that about 2 months before the show had the cheapest hotel prices. We got a room at a Days Inn with an indoor pool and free hot breakfast for $59 a night. It was a great hotel and we got it for a great price. However 2 weeks before we booked it it was $89 and a week after we booked it the price was $129. It's all about finding the right window for booking the room.

#95 ·
I've done the last 3 WM's off my own back but looking more into doing the package deal this year I really can't be arsed with the stress when Ticketmaster dies again, I have a Q for those who have done this before, I've read that you can extend you're hotel dates, how easy is it to do this?

#101 ·
its dead easy, just contact the hotel and tell them you have the wm travel package and you would like to book a room for x days before or after.. which ever and they will usually put you in the same room for the entire stay so you wont even have to swap rooms during the stay.

#96 ·
I´ll be staying in the French Quarter, you don´t really need a car in NOLA, you can walk everywhere, I did it when I was htere 2 years ago. The feeling at the French Quarter is awesome, and you can drink every day and night there, I think this Wrestlemania will be a must for "old" fans!

#110 ·
What is the cheapest way to do this? Me and my mates are all first timers and have no idea if it will be easier to just get the packages or search around for hours trying to find the best offers for everything to see if we can get it cheaper.

#111 ·
I would say it depends. I booked everything separately last year and it wasn't much of a hassle. Just have to be able to remember dates and find the presale passwords which are pretty easy to find.

To me the biggest price difference between the WWE travel packages and booking it on your own when it comes to price is the hotel. WWE will probably put you in a 4 or 5 star hotel which makes things more expensive but if you book on your own you can find a cheaper but still nice hotel just as close to the action and save some coin that way.

Just my $.02

#116 ·
Ive been to the past 8 wrestlemanias. This past year was the 1st in which we went the travel package route. The pro's def outweigh the cons for the packages. BUT, financially you are probably going to commit more money to a travel package then doing it yourself. I listed some pros and cons on the travel packages;

Pros
- stress free - bought them the day they went on sale and I didnt have to worry about any ticket's or hotel struggles at all!!
- normally best seats depending on the package you get - we did the VIP travel package (2nd most expensive) and got front row tickets. We were on the website the day and second they went on sale but no matter what, odds are they are going to give the travel package people the best seats in those price sections.
- Axxess VIP sessions - if this is your "cup of tea" then its a nice benefit to be able to pick 2 superstars you want to meet. I, myself, think the Axxess is ok but if you been there once then that is enough. Tickets to go 2 days isnt worth it in my opinion but I guess its all about whom is on the VIP list to meet.
- hotel arrangements - the hotel in NYC was awesome. Im sure WWE goes after a nice hotel for their travel package folks. And like someone else said, you can add days to it if you'd like.
- travel to and from stadium - this year they gave subway pass's. In the past, I believe they've done buses. But at least you dont have to worry about transportation to the different WWE events.

Cons
- price - def going to spend more money on the package. BUT, with lots of years of experience of stressing over tickets and spending hours ticket shopping and scalping, I appreciated not having to deal with any of that this year.
- you dont know your seats til March - until your package arrives in March, you have no idea where your seats are. You can assume that they are going to be good. Obviously, the sooner you buy your package the better off your going to be.
- whats included - IF you've never been to a Mania weekend, then I recommend doing the Axxess and HOF. If you've gone before, those things may not excite ya anymore. But you cant opt out of those items and you are "paying" for them within the package. Good thing is, you can sell them and make a few dollars back.
- no travel arrangements - you would think for the price that airfare may be included but its not. But, obviously, you are aware of that in advance of purchasing the package so you know what you are getting for your money.

Hopefully this helps. For those that have never been to New Orleans, its a fun town. Bourbon St is dirty but drinks are cheap and its a great party!!

#117 ·
If you know how to navigate cities and have experience traveling I don't think the package is worth it. The only year I had to book everything (tickets, plane, hotel, travel) myself was in Miami (My brother lives in Atlanta and I live 2 hours from New York City) and that worked out fine. But I live in Philadelphia so I'm used to the idea of looking at bus routes, using public transportation, and I have a decent enough sense of direction. Now if I had tried to do everything on my own before I had ever move to Philly and learned how to live in a city I wouldn't have had a chance and I would probably still be lost somewhere in Miami with my brother.

In summary:

If you live in a city or know how to live in a city you AND have traveling experience can probably do everything on your own.

If you don't have a lot of travel experience or experience in a city you might want to consider a travel package even though it costs more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.