Wrestling Forum banner

*Forum FAQ* READ THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU MAKE A THREAD IN THE SECTION

2M views 541 replies 132 participants last post by  Chelsea 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Old thread ran five years strong. Adding a couple things here:

Frequently Asked Questions & Issues

What should I do if I am having issues with the WF Website?

The first thing we will always tell you to do is reset your cache/delete history/delete cookies. Do this first before making a thread in this section as it very well could clear up whatever issue you are having. When you make your thread you should start by saying that you have already tried resetting your cache/deleting history/deleting cookies.

Accounts

If you need help with your account, PM one of the Admins and we will help you. [user]Platt[/user], [user]Headliner[/user], [user]Clique[/user]. For a list of staff, visit the staff page.

*Note* The Administrator account is not an active admin account. It is used by different people at VerticalScope for tech support. Do not PM this account. OG Jeff is here to make sure our new layout/skin is running fine from a technical perspective. All operational related questions to the forum should be PM'd to one the four admins mentioned previously. If you have a tech issue, make a thread here in the help section.

We do not delete accounts. If you do not wish to be a part of this forum anymore, log out and leave. We also do not allow users to have multiple accounts. There is no need for it.

Why does someone have the usertitle of moron?

It means they are banned from the forum. It could be a temporary ban or permanent.

How many posts do I need to make a thread?

You need to make 10 posts. In the wrestling sections, you need to make 25. If they are spam posts, staff reserves the right to remove them which will deduct your post count.

Thread moderation; Why was I banned from a thread? Why I was banned from a certain forum?

Closed: When a thread is closed, the thread title will have a line through it and you will not be able to post in that thread. Why it was closed is usually explained, although if its an inappropriate thread for whatever reason, it becomes obvious why it was closed.

Moved: When a thread title has the word 'Moved' next to it, click on it, and you will be taken to where that thread was moved to. This could be that the thread was moved to another section of the forum, or that the thread was merged with another thread that already exists within the same subject.

Users can be removed from threads for being continuous disruptions. Likewise a user can be removed from a forum for being a continuous disruption in that forum by a Super Mod or Admin.

If you make terrible threads, your thread making permissions can be removed by an admin.

You can also have your access to rants removed as well. It may be the least moderated forum on the board, but if you are seen as a huge annoyance then you will be removed.

Your thread access will be restored by the discretion of a Super Mod or Admin. Your forum access will be restored by the discretion of an Admin.

Features turned off during WWE PPV nights

Chatbox, Arcade, Search, the online list, avatars and signatures and occasionally rep are features that sometimes have to get turned off during these nights due to high traffic.

How To Make A Drop List

Note: Drop titles can only only contain 8 lines max to keep within signature limits

PHP:
[drop=Drop List Title]
What you want
What you want II
What you want III
[/drop]
Produces:

Post Count

Post count is turned off in the following sections to prevent users from spamming for post count purposes and/or access to a forum that may require a certain post count. These following sections generally produce little to no important discussion:

Word Games And Trivia
Rants
Wrestling Divas, Celebs & Models
Wrestling Multimedia
Youtube section

What Are The User Titles?

The following list are the new default titles for all members:

Learning to break kayfabe 0
Asking JAMES ELLSWORTH for Wrestling Advice 250
Wheelman for James Ellsworth 500
Tag Teaming With James Ellsworth 1000
Heel Turn on James Ellsworth 2000
Regularly Beating Up James Ellsworth 3000
Making James Ellsworth GET MY BAGS 4000
Mid-Card Champion 5000
Trying to Impress Vince McMahon 6000
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over 7000
Avoiding THE LIST! 8000
Bossing Around Jobbers 9000
Playing Backstage Politics 10000
Winning World titles, Custom Made Clothes 15000
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania 20000
Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame 25000
Largest arms in the world, BROTHER! 30000
The Nature Boy 50,000

Every new member starts out with a rep level of 50.

Rep power (Determines how many points you give a user when you rep them)

Register Date Factor - 1 point per 365 days

Post Count Factor - 1 point per 1500 posts

Reputation Point Factor - 1 point per 2500 rep points you have.

If you negative rep someone, it will be half of your green rep power. So if you are able to give someone 100 points, if you gave them red rep, you would give them 50.

You can give another user green or red rep by clicking the star icon at the bottom left. It will then take you to a page and ask if you agree or disagree with that users post. Do be careful, flaming via rep will be treated as though it is flaming on the forum or via PM and you can be warned/banned for doing so. If someone does flame you via rep, or stretches out your rep page with a large picture, PM a Super Mod or Admin and we will take care of it.

You can check who has given you rep by looking at your User CP. If you see grey rep, it has been given to you by someone who has red rep. Gray rep=0 points. The only way you will know if it was meant to be positive or negative will be based on the comment they leave.

You are limited to giving out rep 10 times over a 24 hour period and must rep 15 people before you can rep the same person again.

Reputation means nothing. It allows members to have a bit of fun.

Premium/Lifetime Membership

To help support the site and increase your options on the site you can choose to buy either a Premium or Lifetime Membership. Paypal is fine.

With a paid membership, you will receive:
-Access to the arcade
-Access to the chatbox
-Name changes
-Usertitle editing rights
-Ability to use gifs in sigs
-VIP section for paid members
-Bigger avatars
-Much more PM space

If you wish to buy a membership for another user you have to get their name and password from them, login to their account and purchase it that way. If whilst doing that you do anything to that users account, even make posts, you can be banned. If you allow someone to buy a membership for you it may be wise to change your password afterwards. If you have any issues please PM an Admin.

Paid members are not above being warned or banned. You are treated the same way as any other user and paid members can find themselves permanently banned.

File Exchange & Wrestling Multimedia

To stop lurkers joining just to access the File Exchange and Wrestling Multimedia, members can not access the section unless they have 50 posts. If you are caught spamming for media access, you will be banned.

Name Changes

Name changes are available for paid members only via the thread in the VIP section. Do not PM staff members requesting changes.

Why do certain non-staff members have different name colors?

They won a forum contest and an Administrator rewarded them with a name color.

Non-paid member signature uploads

Non-paid members upload signatures different from paid members. To use a signature, to go edit signature, and scroll down to the upload picture section. Use option two to upload a signature.

Embedding YouTube & Dailymotion Videos Into Posts.

Using this link as an example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXMOvMba2bM

You put the nXMOvMba2bM in YouTube tags -

For Dailymotion videos, you will take the entire code after the video/ part. Here's an example:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19a6zn_nate-robinson-claquettes-dunks_sport

Spoiler Tags

Used when posting any spoilers. Please use these tags to avoid spoiling.

[spoiler=a spoiler]This is a spoiler[/spoiler]

Gives you

This is a spoiler

Twitter

To post tweets, use the brackets
Facebook & Instagram embedding
*There is an issue with this on Chrome*

Let's start with facebook. To embed a facebook video, you take all of the numbers out of the URL and place them into the facebook tags. The tags are [*fb][*/fb] (Without the *)

If this is the video url:
https://www.facebook.com/wwe/videos/10154159494311443/

Here is the video you will get. You will just need to click the video to play it:

To embed an IG picture or video, you use the [*ig][*/ig] (Without the *) tags to copy the letter code after the p/. If this is the url:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKEiQsDgXvn/?taken-by=joseann_alexie&hl=en

You should end up with this:
BKEiQsDgXvn

Same with a video. If this is the url:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BL-IWozDeKp/?tagged=fightowensfight&hl=en

You should end up wih this:
BL-IWozDeKp

Why is My Old Sig Showing Up?

It happens once every now and then. If you go to your edit signature option, you will see the at the current sig is still there. Just click save to change it back.

For more information on forum functions, please use the forum FAQ:
https://www.wrestlingforum.com/faq.php

See less See more
1 1
#84 ·
It's the way rep power works. Every user has a different number of rep points they give (or take from) you when they rep you. For example, I have like 5 points. You would have 1, and Seabs (an administrator) has around 200.

You need 250 rep points to gain a third green square. If you go to your User Control Panel (UserCP), the top right corner of your reputation bars has your amount of rep points.

#360 ·
Thanks, I don't know if it's a glitch, cause last night I wanted to rep a post here, but it said I needed to spread rep before giving to the person again which is fair enough, which I did, but then got the limit, however today I repped a couple more and tried to rep the post I wanted to but still getting the same message about spreading some more rep again, but then after two or three more, I got the 24 hours thing again, so it's been a bit confusing as I'm pretty sure I've repped 15 people since the other person now, but I still can't rep the specific post.

It might not have actually been 24 hours since I got the 'wait' message though too, so my guess is that, since it's been hours ago since, it's allowed me to do a couple more rep before the 24 hours is up, but then continued the limit, so that's probably what it is, which is good really as it's quite lenient in that sense really :)

It's not a problem or anything, just a bit of patience on my behalf that's all it is really, and of course it's obvious as to why you have the limit in also ... so it's cool, however upping the rep a little, I do appreciate and think helps anyway, so thank you :)

#85 ·
Something weird happens to my sig sometimes and it reverts back to the old one without me even changing it. I then go to change it back to what I have it as now and it shows the latest one in my usercp.

RODDY WANTS BACK IN MY SIG SO BAD

Soon, my love.

But, really, does this happen to anyone else?

EDIT: Like right now, my response shows my old sig set.

#101 ·
I don't see anything in your permissions that shows you have had rep disabled, if you have troubles with it in the future let me know.

A quick tip for some, I know that you have to wait for the whole page to finish loading before you can actually click on the rep icon and the pop-up to display. A way around this is to right click the icon and open it in a new tab. It's a bit faster if you're impatient like me and it can take forever to finalise the loading of the page for whatever reason.

I'm running Chrome if that helps, it might be different for other browsers though.

#7 ·
Re: *Forum FAQ* Your answer may be in this thread!

How do you get a transparent avatar? people like Ziggler Mark (I think that's his/her username) have one and the last time I tried that, I couldn't seem to do it unless I made the background the same color as the background color it'll be on when I set it up (which is somewhat grey).

#49 · (Edited)
I wanted my first post to be an epic introduction, but I figured getting this out of the way first was more important.

I have a forums signature, but I can't post it here because I need at least 10 posts to post it. Regardless...

1) The IMG is 507 x 329. That's 7 pixels over horizontally, but a ton of headroom vertically. Is it still alright?

HA HA DISREGARD THAT I SET CLOCKS. I made a new sig just for here.

2) The pic would link to my home page... it's not a wrestling site, per se. It's a fan fiction site, but the fan fiction involves wrestling content. Is it alright to, if it's okay to put the pic in my sig in the first place, hyperlink it to my fan fic site?

#211 ·
Because it probably hasn't been updated as there aren't many $5 members and I wouldn't be surprised if updating that was just forgotten.

Center tags don't work. Avatars don't get centered, mine would just looks like it is because it's large, probably.
Is the image even 170x170 when you try to upload it? It won't resize an image that is say, 250x180 to 170x170, it would be something more like 170x120 (rough estimation).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.