Wrestling Forum banner

Is it possible for loud crowds?

2K views 18 replies 19 participants last post by  roadkill_ 
#1 ·
After seeing Raw, I'm sure many loved the crowd. But what I'm wondering is...do people think it'd be possible for TNA to have a crowd like that, where fans are real excited the whole time and cheering/chanting all the time.

Obviously it'd be hard since crowd at post WM Raw are like biggest wrestling fans in the world, but for TNA, where attendance would be around 5,000 or so, it'd require less fans in the arena to have as audible chants.

#8 ·
This. Recently, I'm starting to feel that the "crowd factor" in wrestling shows is overrated.

I really REALLY hope TNA drops their envy from the WWE, and continue to build a brand and wrestling culture of their own.

#14 ·
@OP did you watch the London shows? I'd say Aries outpopped everybody on WWE's show, although no TNA star got as much heat as Cena. Take that last part how you will.

This is true. And I was there. :D

#10 ·
RAW had a crowd of mostly smarks. I know people like to say it was an international crowd but there were more smarks than people from other countries (smarks from both the US and other countries). Smarks know about pre-sales, and can find the passwords to them and with it being the RAW following 'Mania - they clearly were going to sell the vast majority of tickets through the pre-sale (and thats likely how it will be for most post-'Mania RAW's - such as last night's episode and last years). TNA could certainly have a crowd like that if they go to the right places (smark heavy wrestling towns - such as Philly)...

#11 ·
This Raw crowd was the junction of guys that came from all around the world to see WWE, smarks that were partying and having a good time.

It wasn't the best crowd ever since they were way too random at times and didn't give a crap for half of the show. They were amazing for Ziggler, Ryback (but made it feel like a face turn) Big Show and that was it. They didn't even pop for Fandango. They just liked humming is theme music. At Wrestlemania he got no reaction, at his entrance he got no reaction. But they chanted his theme music.

TNA had amazing crowds in London and now that they are on tour we will see more amazing crowds. But the Raw crowd is getting overated and the show itself too. Orton was pissed that the fans didn't give a crap about him, they put a 15 minute match and people thanked The Big Show for interrupting. I would be pissed too.

#16 ·
You want a crowd that's hot and into the show, and putting it over. Not a crowd burying what's in front of them and chanting for the referee and cotton candy.

#17 ·
After seeing Raw, I'm sure many loved the crowd. But what I'm wondering is...do people think it'd be possible for TNA to have a crowd like that, where fans are real excited the whole time and cheering/chanting all the time.

Obviously it'd be hard since crowd at post WM Raw are like biggest wrestling fans in the world, but for TNA, where attendance would be around 5,000 or so, it'd require less fans in the arena to have as audible chants.
Biggest WWE fans, WWE fans are not wrestling fans they don't care about wrestling they only care about WWE (i'm not saying it's bad)

To answer your question in London and Manchester they were really hot, the crowd seemed more genuine than in the US.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.