Wrestling Forum banner

Boring Chants

19K views 171 replies 123 participants last post by  afender. 
#1 ·
They really annoyed me tonight. Granted Raw was crap but why oh why pay money to slate the wrestlers? They don't have a say in the pathetic product we have today, they should of being chanting "Vince, this is boring" or chanted boring when HHH came out.

The boring chants at Cena annoyed me even more, the rock's promo was worse, same old crap just a different city.

#16 ·
Cena's promo was boring. It was just his usual pish. As far as I'm concerned, his boring chants were warranted.
Pretty much.

The crowds are sick and tired of Cena. They have been for awhile now. He is gonna get the negative chants. I don't know why this bothers any Cena fans anymore, this is normal now. It's not a surprise, and its totally understandable.

Vince - " Ok WWE Universe. This is the guy you have to love "

Crowd - " Nope. "

This kind of crowd reaction towards him will continue. Just the way it is.

#3 ·
And The Rock licking holes for pops in every city he goes isn't boring? I suppose he has taken that from his Rock N Sock days with Mankind :p

Reactions: Wealdstone Raider
#19 ·
Vince, this is boring?

How on earth is a crowd going to make that a chant?

A crowd (A GOOD crowd) chants boring during a boring segment or match. Because it's boring. The purpose of doing so is to indicate to Vince, or the bookers, or the 3475984584759w83749w8ur9w8u3489w87458 people currently running Creative, that THIS SHIT IS BORING, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS AGAIN. It's the one way the fans have to really express their opinion to Vince as to what they want to see, since he ignores the Cena boos and pretends any attention is good attention on that one.

Honestly, getting super butthurt about boring chants and taking them personally like that leads me to believe you're new to wrestling, which is fine, but you have a lot to learn, so, you may want to sit back a bit and listen, and quit taking things so personally. (Y)

#20 ·
The fans are sick of Cena? They chanted during Ryback, The Shield (reason why I watch) These most likely drunk idiots ruined the show.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using VerticalSports.Com App

#116 ·
The fans are sick of Cena?

They chanted during Ryback, The Shield (reason why I watch) These most likely drunk idiots ruined the show.
... Um, are you seriously not noticing the Constant and LOUD Cena Sucks Chants and Boo's raining down every week ??? This wasn't just last Monday, this has been happening for awhile now and it's getting WORSE...

#27 ·
I'll admit Cena's promo did drag on for a while, but the other boring chants were just stupid. They were chanting "boring" at promos that lasted only two minutes. I swear, the attention span of some fans...This is probably the reason why we can never have long, complex, and well developed storylines because the fans can't handle "complicated" things -__-.

#28 ·
They really annoyed me tonight. Granted Raw was crap but why oh why pay money to slate the wrestlers? They don't have a say in the pathetic product we have today, they should of being chanting "Vince, this is boring" or chanted boring when HHH came out.

The boring chants at Cena annoyed me even more, the rock's promo was worse, same old crap just a different city.
'Same old crap just a different city' is exactly why the crowd were chanting 'boring'. You've answered your own question.

#30 ·
The Crowd chanting Boring, was the most exciting thing about Raw, I'm not going to criticise them for being so vocal.
It's the same old recycled crap we have seen every other week, and to think, we are 5 days away from WM now.

Vince seems to be in denial about Cena, hopefully if MORE people at every venue keep telling him he is boring and sucks, we might get his stale, no selling lame ass to change............not likely though!

Reactions: SrsLii
#32 ·
Rock panders to the City hes in 10,000-14,000 in the arena as apposed to the millions watching around the world.
How entertaining is it to watch The Rock do the same thing every week from an outside perspective.

That said Cenas promo was just rambling and the same thing he says at every feud.

#33 · (Edited)
Cena got "boring" chants because he's been pushed down the audience's throats for 9 years now with the same exact character, same schtick. Just like people last week were wondering how Cena would act this week after showing heel tendencies last week. Well, he reacted by being the same old John Cena, laughing and smiling everything off. That's why he got "boring" chants. He's become a chariacture of himself now. He's a joke and has been for awhile. Those "boring" chants were glorious, and he had no idea how to react which is why he got that awkward smile. It was awesome. Goat, my ass. :lmao

#35 ·
I still don't understand how Rock is getting all these cheers tbh. The guy comes back, takes the title off Punk (arguable the most over guy in the company) part times his ass out of it, barely showing up on RAW. Yet somehow, fans still cheer the man. Maybe it's because the fans are just happy to see The Rock in person for, what I assume is, the very first time or first time in a long while in a wrestling arena.

Not to mention, Rock's promo last night completely sucked. But hey, cheap pop is cheap.

#47 ·
You just answered everything right at the end. Also, because hes a face veterean/legend.

Rock still has diehard fans. The reaction he gets is second to none. No matter what he does. Pretty wild. People still want to see him. Not everyone cares about the part time thing. HHH & Taker can attest to that. Thats how it should be. Even for a part timer, a part timer juggling two things at once at that, Rock has put in a fair share of work. I dont see the problem.

#38 ·
I didn't like when they started chanting "You can't wrestle." as soon as Fandango hit the ring. They stopped once he performed a move but still. This is the second week now.

As for the boring chants, they came so late in Cena's promo that they were honestly welcomed by me. All he was doing was saying the same thing he always says.

#46 ·
The boring chants during Cena's promo couldn't have been more appropriate. He said nothing new and then started repeating himself within the same promo. Had they switched up last week's confrontation with Rock and did that last night, I think the match sells much better. Two individual promos right before Wrestlemania makes no sense. Main eventers should ALWAYS have one final major face to face confrontation before battle if you want to sell this shit right. That's a proper cliffhanger on the last show before a PPV, not this "I'm gonna kick your monkey/candy ass" bullshit while the opponent is backstage. That shit's hollow. It's boring. Hell, hollow ass kicking threats happen all the time on the internet! Say it face to face for your last promo.

The high arc of this storyline wound up being last week and not last night and that's a shame. Last night stalled the storyline. Creative either ran out of ideas of Vince took over. So yeah, I can definitely see the "boring" chants for Cena's promo.

Plus it's the same bullshit lines when it comes to wrestlers pitching the pay per views....

"In six days..."

"At Wrestlemania..."

"In six days at Extreme Rules..."

"In two weeks at Summerslam..."

Yeah, we get it. It's not that we can't see the "In six days" message at the top of the ramp or that they couldn't intentionally camera pan to it, and it's not like it doesn't get repeated by their announcers. Having that type of advertising repeated over and over by wrestlers waters down these promos.

To chant boring every other time though, and so fast, that's just silly shit that I hope doesn't catch on.

#39 ·
Nothing could be better for Cena and WWE than those idiotic BORING chants. Vince knows that the louder they boo, the louder they will cheer once again for Cena. They have the perfect dichotomy with the bad Punk and the good Cena. People who boo Cena are silly and not too bright either.

#strokingittoLoriLoughlin

#40 ·
I hope Cena gets BIG Boring chants at WM. He has basically been cutting the same promo since this feud started. Last week's was better because he got a bit heelish and thats it.

Why are people chanting boring? Because they expect a better show 6 days before the biggest wrestling PPV.

Only good thing about Raw IMO, was HBK's involvement in HHH/Brock feud and the last segment with Punk/Taker.

#41 ·
What would happen if a true offensive chant came back? You'd all clutch your pearls and faint like corset-wearing Victorian women.

Here is the chant that needs to make a come back. It is a two parter and I'm not sure if the current crop of preteens and their ********* legal
guardians that we call live crowds could pull it off but here we go...

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! WE WANT WRESTLING!"

20 minute promos of shit we've already heard 20 times this year=SHUT THE FUCK UP! WE WANT WRESTLING!

#55 ·
What would happen if a true offensive chant came back? You'd all clutch your pearls and faint like corset-wearing Victorian women.

Here is the chant that needs to make a come back. It is a two parter and I'm not sure if the current crop of preteens and their ********* legal
guardians that we call live crowds could pull it off but here we go...

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! WE WANT WRESTLING!"

20 minute promos of shit we've already heard 20 times this year=SHUT THE FUCK UP! WE WANT WRESTLING!
One of the stupidest chants of all time. We want 3 hours of wrestling goddammit! Yeah, I know we have Mania to build but why the fuck aren't Bryan and Punk having a 2 out of 3 falls 90 minute match? We want wrestling goddammit.

Yeah, the chant only belongs in some circles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.