Wrestling Forum banner

LMAO if Henry loses the Weight Lifting Contest

19K views 130 replies 92 participants last post by  @MrDrewFoley 
#1 ·
Just how ridiculous would that be? Henry is a legit World's Strongest Men contender even to this day.

Ryback you can win in the kayfabe world, but no one will buy it and everyone is going to have a field day with your victory.

#3 ·
Re: LMAO if Henry loses the Weight Lifting Contest this Friday

I seriously cringed when I saw this.... Henry can legit bench 500+ and squat/deadlift 900+

Ryback on the other hand probably cant even bench 315 or squat 405 and doesn't even know what a deadlift is

Sad thing is that kids believe that muscles= strength and will believe that Ryback is on henrys level strength wise... fpalm

#10 ·

I seriously cringed when I saw this.... Henry can legit bench 500+ and squat/deadlift 900+

Ryback on the other hand probably cant even bench 315 or squat 405 and doesn't even know what a deadlift is

Sad thing is that kids believe that muscles= strength and will believe that Ryback is on henrys level strength wise... fpalm
You are being a little ridiculous, dog. Ryback's a strong guy, too.

#4 ·

You think this is really going to happen?

My guess: The contest won't even happen. They'll brawl before the lifting begins... The WWE will find a way to make both men appear to be "equally strong" and have the same chances of winning at WM. It's how the WWE works man.

Reactions: Tony Tornado
#41 ·

You think this is really going to happen?

My guess: The contest won't even happen. They'll brawl before the lifting begins... The WWE will find a way to make both men appear to be "equally strong" and have the same chances of winning at WM. It's how the WWE works man.
Not necessarily the case, remember the contest between Sheamus and The Big show to see whose finisher was strongest? That actually happened, but who knows you could be right.

#14 ·

I can see Ryback going, lifting however much he can lift, then when Henry is about to lift, instead of lifting, he attacks Ryback(so Ryback gets his good guy performance in by showing what he can do, and Henry gets in his heel moment by not wanting to do what he is supposed to be doing)

#23 ·

I can see Ryback going, lifting however much he can lift, then when Henry is about to lift, instead of lifting, he attacks Ryback(so Ryback gets his good guy performance in by showing what he can do, and Henry gets in his heel moment by not wanting to do what he is supposed to be doing)
I'm with you. I reckon that's the most likely scenario. That or Henry hits Ryback mid lift. They'd definitly have to gimmick the weights then though.

#18 ·

Ryback's going to do big weight. Henry is going to go bigger. Ryback goes up again. Henry one-ups him one more time. Ryback gets mad and they brawl. Commentator says something along the lines "Weightlifting is one thing, but fighting is another! These two men aren't waiting til Wrestlemania!!"

#20 ·

Inb4 Ryback maxes out at Henrys warm-up Squat. Too bad it's scripted so it won't happen.

#22 ·

Well they let Big Show's KO Punch beat Sheamus' Brogue Kick so they might actually let Henry win.

That is a good point. The thing about that tho was that Sheamus face sold this very well after Show scored higher, he really did look worried after Big Show punched the bag. If they let Henry win then Ryback will have this dumb slow looking mean face on him. Vince will have none of it. He LOVES Ryback, I think he/Ryback will win this.

#27 ·

Henry will probably lift an 'unbelievable' amount and then when Ryback is about to do it and begins looking like he may be able to, Mark Henry will attack him.
I was about to say the exact same thing.

#51 ·

They let Show go over Sheamus in that power of the punch contest so who knows.
That's true but WWE has a long history of making scenario's as fake as Santa Clause most of the time. Remember that arm wrestling challenge with Cena/Henry from 2008?

There should be no "comeback" for Cena at anytime and I hate how they made Henry look like a bitch in the early going. That’s some Dolph Ziggler or Miz Heel type tactics not for someone like Mark Henry.

Or how about even more hilarious when Triple H took on The Great Khali during that same year on Smackdown?

#33 ·

I think Henry has to win this, purely to hype up whether Ryback can shell shock him. If Ryback comes out winning the WL contest then it helps us to believe he can. Whereas if Henry comes out looking stronger than Ryback, it doesnt mean Ryback cant get him up for the Shell Shock.

Henry losing harms his WSM gimmick. Losing for Ryback just keeps that little mystery surround their mania match as to whether Ryback can lift him or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.