Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happiest/Saddest/Angriest times of being a wrestling fan?

10K views 114 replies 108 participants last post by  Brock 
#1 ·
just wondering in all the years you have been a wrestling fan , which moments have made you happy , sad or angry?

happiest

when The Rock Returned in 2011

saddest
when Eddie died or when Flair left

angriest

every Cena win.

#56 ·
Happiest: Ultimate Warrior defeating Macho King Randy Savage at WM 7.
Saddest: Owen Hart dying
Angriest: Cena beating Brock Lesnar in 2012
Chocked: The Benoit murders

#58 ·
Happiest: As a 13 year old Bret Hart mark, when he won the title at Summerslam 1997 thanks to HBK (who I hated at the time) accidentally superkicking Taker
Saddest: HBK's retirement speech had me in tears
Angriest moments: Cena burying opponents; Cena's goofball promos (like the Sunday promo); Cena no selling everything with his smiling and his stupid jokes; realizing we're stuck with Cena for years to come

#59 ·
Happiest:There is to much to name but i will go with Eddie Guerrero winning the WWE Title.

Saddest:Eddie dying and Ric Flair's retirement.

Angriest:CM Punks boring title reign, Cena's Redemption is so ridiculous.

#61 ·
Happiest: Bret winning the WCW title at Mayhem '99 after a series of matches with Sting and Benoit.

Saddest: Ric Flair's 2013 return. It sounds like hyperbole, but seriously...I took a break from wrestling from about mid-2002 to late 2011. The last Flair I remember is when he was trying to convince Vince not to bring the nWo back. Now the Nature Boy looks like he accidentally gazed upon the Ark of the Covenant. Time is such a fucking bitch.

Angriest: The way Hogan acted at Bash at the Beach 2000.

#63 ·
Happiest: Rock beating Cena last year. :D:

Saddest: Death of Eddie Guerrero. Benoit tragedy a close second. :(

Angriest: Cena making HBK tap out at WrestleMania 23. I take this even more personal because I was at that show. :cuss:

#65 ·
Happiest:

- Monday Night Wars, I was obsessed with it and it made my childhood
- Backlash 2000 with Stone Cold helping The Rock against Vince and HHH

Saddest:

- Today, looking at the state of the product
- Owen Hart's death
- Rock leaving

Angriest:

- On reflection, looking back on the fall of WCW
- Benoit situation
- PG Era
- Sheamus being a superstar, cheese to the max

#67 ·
Happiest- Either Shawn returning to the ring at Summerslam or the formation period of the NWO
Saddest. The last Nitro, watching Sting and Flair thinking it would be the last time I ever saw them wrestle
Angriest-Watching TNA ruin Somoa Joe

#69 ·
Happiest: Chris Benoit winning the Rumble
Saddest: Benoit murdering his family and committing suicide; Eddie Guerrero's death is a close second
3 Angry moments that are too close to call..
1. Christian losing the world title RIGHT after he earned it.
2. John Cena defeating Brock Lesnar at Extreme Rules
3. EVERY SINGLE RIC FLAIR RETURN.

#70 ·
Saddest: Eddie dying, then weeks later finally realizing we wont ever see him perform again :(

Happiest: Witnessing Cena vs Punk in person at Night of Champion, match was fantastic. This will soon be changed though since im attending Mania :mark:

Angriest: coming on here and witnessing ppl that seemed to be happy to see Daniel Bryan get squashed at Mania. If your a wrestling fan wouldnt you wanna see a potential 5 star match opening Mania.

#71 ·
Happiest: Whenever Ausin won the WWF belt. (knew shit was gonna take place next Raw)
Saddest: Edge retiring, And also Eddie's death of course, but Eddies death, I had to borrow a tape from a mate to watch it, I didn't have Sky sports back then.
Angriest: arghh Hornswoggle, Khali, or PG Michael Cole, if these were combined together, the world would explode!

#72 ·
Happiest: punk winning at mitb/punk vs rock at the rumble. After watching cm punk drop buckets of blood at the murphy rec center in 2004, to him headlining huge main events against the likes of cena and rock is just amazing to me

Saddest: the deaths of wrestling personalities namely owen, eddie, and larry sweeney.

Angriest: hands down the finger poke of doom. That was the moment when the young wrestling mark in me died. Since then ive become jaded and pessemistic, aka an iwc member

#73 ·
Happiest:

1) The original DX days of late 1997/early 1998. HBK was in his prime both character wise and worker wise and was absolutely on fire and ridiculously entertaining every week.

2) Monday Night Wars/Attitude era: Just from the standpoint that the product was so fresh, so with the times, and so entertaining week in and week out. It wasn't a chore at all to watch Raw every week. Raw actually went by fast in those days leaving you want more every week. Having two shows to flip back and forth to every Monday night was a great option to have and something I think I and all wrestling fans took for granted back then compared to the state of the business today where you only have one option on Monday nights and it's a 3 hour chore to sit through.

3) HBK coming back in 2002 and having an epic match with Triple H at SummerSlam 2002. Enough said.

Saddest:

Deaths of various wrestlers. And looking back on it today, the death of WCW.

Angriest:

I don't think I've ever really been "angry" about wrestling. More like disappointed or just bored, and that's todays product, unfortunately. But at least it provides some laughs, if nothing else.

#77 ·
Happiest: Undertaker kicking out of Triple H's tombstone at WM27.
Saddest: Maryse's release or maybe when I found out Taker cut his hair bald, I remember I cared about that a lot.
Angriest: Batista stopping Taker from beating Cena in the Shawn and Cena vs Taker and Batista match.

#78 ·
Happiest: HHH turning heel, Kane monster heel run in 03 Punk at MITB 11, Lesnar Return

Saddest: Owen and Eddie dying, Shawn Michaels farewell

Angriest: Del Rio beating ziggler at Payback, Kane losing the wwf title the night after he won it.

#80 ·
happiest: jericho beating triple h for the title on the opening of raw, ziggler cashing in

saddest: ric flair and edge retiring, hbk losing his smile

angriest: cena winning the title

#82 ·
Happiest when edge cashed in on cena - my pals were overjoyed that cena won and were laughing at me then vince came out and I got the last laugh. School was good the next day.

Saddest - eddie I was gutted

Angriest - finding out rikishis reason for running over austin. What a waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.