Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - TNA the best wrestling product but not getting the ratings - why?

View Single Post

Old 03-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
Thomas Batista
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Thomas Batista needs to make some friendsThomas Batista needs to make some friendsThomas Batista needs to make some friendsThomas Batista needs to make some friendsThomas Batista needs to make some friendsThomas Batista needs to make some friendsThomas Batista needs to make some friendsThomas Batista needs to make some friendsThomas Batista needs to make some friendsThomas Batista needs to make some friendsThomas Batista needs to make some friends
Default Re: TNA the best wrestling product but not getting the ratings - why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
WWE brand loyalty is a big part of it. A friend of mine said something to me a few weeks ago. He said that one thing TNA will never understand is that all wrestling fans are WWE fans, but not all WWE fans are wrestling fans. TNA currently gets the wrestling die hards that will watch all the wrestling they can get their hands on. WWE has a built in audience that probably got into it at a young age and are loyal to that as the only form of wrestling they enjoy. TNA and any other wrestling company that wants to match WWE will have to contend with that.

As of right now, other explanations for TNA's ratings come out of where they were in the past. Remember what the show was like in 2010 & 2011 when Hogan & Bischoff came in? For the most part, it was fucking terrible and did a lot to turn off fans & potential viewers. Since then, yes, they have gotten much better, but they still have to wash off the stink of 2010 & 2011, and that is hard to do.

Another thing to keep in mind is the competition they have on Thursday nights. The last few weeks they've gone up against March Madness, which is stiff competition for anybody, and there are also shows like Big Bang Theory (the number one rated comedy on TV) that are right in their time slot. And then consider the network they are on. SpikeTV's programming isn't exactly high caliber stuff. I remember when they were on Saturday nights in 2005 and there this horrible fat rednecks show that I believe was their lead in (might have followed them, I don't remember). They don't really have much surrounding them to get a rub from so they pretty much have to maintain an audience on there own, which again, is tough.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread can be closed. This guy just explained EVERYTHING. People need to realize its the 21st century and stop holding TNA to the 90's standard. TNA needs to stop leaving in the 90's as well and bring the product into the 21st century and stop mirroring WWE. I think TNA will be able to attract more fans when their product doesn't come off as WWE-lite. It's been good as of late, but if I was in charge I would make minor tweaks that I believe would make the company stand-out from WWE.
Thomas Batista is offline   Reply With Quote