Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

View Single Post

Old 03-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #773 (permalink)
The Manowarrior
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

The Manowarrior is making a name for themselvesThe Manowarrior is making a name for themselvesThe Manowarrior is making a name for themselvesThe Manowarrior is making a name for themselvesThe Manowarrior is making a name for themselvesThe Manowarrior is making a name for themselvesThe Manowarrior is making a name for themselvesThe Manowarrior is making a name for themselvesThe Manowarrior is making a name for themselvesThe Manowarrior is making a name for themselvesThe Manowarrior is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Lucha Libre Match/Show Discussion/Reviews

From TheCubsFan:

Quote:
Ultimo Guerrero and Atlantis agreed to a mask match today at a CMLL press conference. They both signed a contract, but no date for the match was announced. Signing a contract in CMLL is the message that the match is official and this match should take place at September’s Anniversary show (most likely 09/20.) They set it by having both discuss their loss in the incredible pairs tournament, with Ultimo Guerrero explaining his evil plan was to advance to the final of the tournament and then lose, just so his malo amigo Atlantis would have to suffer. That’s the hard way of doing it. Atlantis later was brought back to announce a 30th Anniversary show in his honor on Friday May 3rd. Ultimo Guerrero interrupted with a contract this segment to demand Atlantis put words to paper and agree to the mask match both have teased. Atlantis hesitated, but signed the paper.
It’s very unusual for CMLL to announce a mask match without a date attached to it. It’s absolutely going to end up being the Anniversary show main event, but they may want to tease out the date at least thru their usual June main show. The announcement of Ultimo Guerrero vs Atlantis steals a bit of attention from Sunday’s announcement of Cibernetico vs Perro Aguayo Jr. taking place at TripleMania (and maybe CMLL will be dragging out the date to continue that distraction; something where they tease the match as happening in a relevos suicidas in June only to really do in September is even possible.) Both are hugely significant matches for each promotion and should mean huge business for each show. Neither has a clear favorite. I’d guess Atlantis & Perro Aguayo Jr. winning their matches, but I wouldn’t bet on the outcome of either. I don’t think either show is going to really harm each other – they’re 3 months apart, and last weekend indicated fans will show up if they believe it’s an important show.

The biggest apuesta match of the decade so far.

The Manowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote