Wrestling Forum banner

Result of this match?

• Brock forces HHH to retire

Votes: 82 42.1%
  • The Game defeats Lesnar

Votes: 113 57.9%

Official HHH vs. Brock Lesnar (No Holds Barred/Career On The Line) Discussion Thread

50K views 524 replies 217 participants last post by  DanM3 
#1 ·

In his obsession to settle the score with the 266-pound Anomaly who’s methodically targeted those closest to him, Triple H may have unwittingly ushered in the final chapter of his proud career as a WWE Superstar. The King of Kings will war with the uncontrollable Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred Match at WrestleMania on April 7, but the opportunity comes at a cost: If Lesnar wins, Triple H must retire from in-ring competition. (WATCH)

The No Holds Barred and the retirement stipulations were both ploys of Lesnar and Paul Heyman, who convinced the incensed Triple H to sign on for the fight before knowing the exactly what type of contest it would be. Although The Game likely perceives the No Holds Barred environment — in which all maneuvers and weapons are fair game — as an ideal format for him to reciprocate the pain Lesnar’s inflicted on the McMahon-Helmsley family, less foreseeable was the possibility Triple H’s 18 years as a WWE competitor could come to a close at The Grandest Stage of Them All.

Then again, given the tumultuous tone of the his rivalry with the only former WWE, NCAA and UFC Heavyweight Champion in history, maybe Triple H has viewed a WrestleMania showdown with Lesnar as an all-or-nothing affair all along.

After having his arm broken in a loss to The Anomaly at SummerSlam last year, The Game appeared ready to hang up his boots and focus on his front-office duties as WWE COO. Yet, when Lesnar — who quit WWE the night after SummerSlam, boasting he had nothing more to prove — shed his free-agent status and returned in January by breaking the hip of Triple H’s father-in-law, WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon, The Game was spurred back into action. (WATCH: Triple H and Brock’s raging rivalry)

This time, The Game takes on the responsibility of defending not only the company he helps oversee, but also more importantly, his family and closest allies. According to Heyman, for Triple H to fall short against Lesnar would be the ultimate disappointment — a letdown for the WWE Universe, Triple H’s family and The Game himself. But with his career as a Superstar now on the line, the stakes at WrestleMania simply could not be higher for The King of Kings.

There’s no turning back. With the weight of the world on his shoulders, an intensely aggressive fighter as his opponent and absolutely No Holds Barred, can Triple H make Lesnar suffer the consequences for all the hardships he’s caused? Or will one of WWE’s most incredible careers end abruptly and gruesomely at the hands of The Anomaly? One of WWE’s two proudest warriors will suffer a mighty loss at the only event big enough to host such a brawl, WrestleMania, which kicks off on pay-per-view April 7 at 7 ET/4 PT.

See less See more
#140 ·
Re: Official HHH vs. Brock Lesnar (No Holds Barred/Career On The Line) Discussion Thr

I can only see HHH winning here, sorry guys

#141 ·
Re: Official HHH vs. Brock Lesnar (No Holds Barred/Career On The Line) Discussion Thr

Trillionaire_ted said:
40 isn't old in sports-entertainment. Undertaker is around 48, and he still wins every year. I don't see the IWC crying about that.
Because undertaker is a far more exciting wrestler than hhh. All hhh has are gimmicks matches. Its like every lms and no holds barred match is reserved for hhh.

They already made a huge mistake having Brock lose to cena. Infact lesnar should have beat hhh then fight cena.

#142 ·

Because undertaker is a far more exciting wrestler than hhh. All hhh has are gimmicks matches. Its like every lms and no holds barred match is reserved for hhh.

They already made a huge mistake having Brock lose to cena. Infact lesnar should have beat hhh then fight cena.
So what if HHH has gimmick matches. He usually does a great job in gimmick matches, and he also had a ton of amazing non gimmick matches. What about the Undertaker though. He can barely even walk anymore so they have to put him in gimmick matches to cover him.

#143 ·
Why people want HHH to lose I dont get it?

Does ANYONE realise that there is actually a lot at stake for HHH as well? He has had a really mediocre WM record and if he loses to lesnar then it only gets worse. Lost clean 3 times to taker, lost clean to cena, lost to batista what has HHH achieved at wrestlemania? He won a fatal four way and defeated chris jericho thats about his only significant victories.

He is currently at a negative in his WM record and he actually has the dubious honour of most defeats at WM. And yet people are accusing him to having an ego? Right the guy who practically owns the business has a negative record at WM and he has a big ego?

HHH deserves better than this and is unquestionably a bigger star than lesnar in terms of WWE.

#145 ·
Re: Why people want HHH to lose I dont get it?

HHH deserves better than this and is unquestionably a bigger star than lesnar in terms of WWE.
Not atm though, you pay Brock a shitload of money, and make him job twice, once at Mania, his first in ten years. :no:

Besides, Brock is here for the next two years to be in more fueds, HHH will maybe not even wrestle again this year (unless he wants ANOTHER FUCKING MATCH with Lesnar).

Its more important for Brock to win than HHH IMHO, but he wont :no:

#144 ·
The other thing is, Brock will be gone in a few years....whereas Trips is likely to take on a vinnie mac corporate heel persona for years to come.
Ofcourse if they are planning Brock vs Rock at WM30 it makes more sense for HHH to lose though

#190 ·

The other thing is, Brock will be gone in a few years....
Ummmmmm what makes you say that? Brock is 35, he easily has another 5-7 years in him especially if he's only wrestling part - time. I don't see him heading back to MMA.

It's a win - win situation for both parties involved. Lesnar gets paid big money and at the same time he doesn't have to endure the hectic full-time schedule & constant travelling. Most importantly he has more time to spend with his family and does not have to worry about his health.

On the other hand WWE has a legitimate monster on their hands who is guaranteed to get a huge crowd pop once his music hits, and most importantly attracts large PPV buys.

If Lesnar's next two years goes well (which is more than likely) then expect another contract extension in 2015.

#146 · (Edited)

Brock going over again would be good for business as he signed another deal with WWE.
That Cena went over Brock was one of the worst decisions in history and if HHH goes over at Mania they literally blew 5million away. What did they achieve? They could have used Brock to build another star but they went the completely wrong way.

#186 · (Edited)

Brock going over again would be good for business as he signed another deal with WWE.
Rock going over CM Punk was the worst decision in recent time.

What about Undertaker?He buried him on screen and off-screen in 2009.

Since Rock/Undertaker are loved by this forum,Rock gets a free pass

Because what, precisely, does it do for WWE or anyone's character for Triple H to win for the 50892036th time?
HHH has mostly lost.So don't speak without knowing

WRESTLEMANIA WM XX - lost to Chris Benoit(tapped out)
WM 21 - lost to Batista
WM 22 - lost to John Cena(tapped out)
WM 23 - (injured)
WM XXIV - lost to Randy Orton in triple threat (w- Cena)
WM XXV - beat Randy Orton
WM XXVI - beat Sheamus
WM XXVII - lost to Undertaker
WM XXVIII - lost to Undertaker

If you want an even closer look at all the high profile NON-Mania matches that he's had in recent years:
CS 2008 - beat Jeff Hardy
SVS 2008 - lost to Edge in triple threat (w-Kozlov)
Armageddon 2008 - lost to Jeff Hardy in triple threat (w-Edge)
The Bash 2009 - lost to Randy Orton
NOC 2009 - lost to Randy Orton in triple threat (w- Cena)
SVS 2009 - lost to John Cena in triple threat (w- HBK)
ER 2009 - lost to Sheamus
NOC 2011 - beat CM Punk
SS 2012 - lost to Brock Lesnar

HHH needs to lose. Brock is the younger wrestler and the bigger star. He is the future.
Brock is the future?Lol.This isn't 2003.What is he going to do in 2013?Make 2-3 appearances.

Brock is a douchebag who is lease bothered about WWE.All he cares about his money.HHH is a legend and the greatest heel in WWE.

Bigger star in WWE?HHH is top ten of all time.Brock was just over-pushed for 2 years and wouldn't be relevant if it wasn't for his stint in UFC

He's lost 6 of his last 8 WM matches. He's lost more times at WM than anyone else. He's lost many, many other PPV matches in the last 5 years as well. What good does it do for HHH to lose yet again? How does that benefit anyone? It makes HHH looks like a jobber who can never win a match anymore, and would make Lesnar's victory over him meaningless.

The IWC has pure hatred for this guy.

HHH has put over more stars than anyone else.There ain't a single wrestler that has put more relevant wrestlers than HHH

HHH has put over John Cena,Dave Batista,Chris Benoit,Jeff Hardy and Sheamus.

HHH ain't a good worker?HHH has put more classic matches than IWC's beloved Undertaker.Only problem is Undertaker puts his great matches at WM recently while HHH put it at other PPVs at his peak many years ago.

#147 ·

I want HHH to win they can build brock back up again

#171 ·

Because what, precisely, does it do for WWE or anyone's character for Triple H to win for the 50892036th time?
He's lost 6 of his last 8 WM matches. He's lost more times at WM than anyone else. He's lost many, many other PPV matches in the last 5 years as well. What good does it do for HHH to lose yet again? How does that benefit anyone? It makes HHH looks like a jobber who can never win a match anymore, and would make Lesnar's victory over him meaningless.

#153 ·

First of all, Triple H doesn't even need to wrestle anymore. I wouldn't have a problem whatsoever with him completely ending his wrestling career and focusing on backstage stuff.

Second, you sign Brock Lesnar, a MEGA draw, who brings in an audience that the others in the WWE can't bring in, and you build this HUGE aura around him. You know when that music hits that shit is going to go down. You sign him to a two year contract extension... and you're going to have him lose at Wrestlemania? That's ridiculous and it shouldn't happen. You need to protect that investment in Lesnar and keep him looking like a beast. He should beat Triple H again and "end his career", but knowing WWE, Triple H will win... sadly.

Reactions: Brock
#160 ·

First of all, Triple H doesn't even need to wrestle anymore. I wouldn't have a problem whatsoever with him completely ending his wrestling career and focusing on backstage stuff.

Second, you sign Brock Lesnar, a MEGA draw, who brings in an audience that the others in the WWE can't bring in, and you build this HUGE aura around him. You know when that music hits that shit is going to go down. You sign him to a two year contract extension... and you're going to have him lose at Wrestlemania? That's ridiculous and it shouldn't happen. You need to protect that investment in Lesnar and keep him looking like a beast. He should beat Triple H again and "end his career", but knowing WWE, Triple H will win... sadly.
Exactly (Y)

I personally give 2 fucks about this match.
So you do give a fuck then :side:

Because Lesnar shouldn't even be losing right now.
Correct.

People need to stop thinking of Lesnar as a 'normal WWE Superstar', his is entirely different.

What is the point of HHH winning, or the point of him coming back for this match. I am not a HHH hater btw, i just dont see the point this time around.

#155 ·

I think it would be extremely refreshing to see Triple H stop coming out of his semi-retirement to beat someone and then go back to not wrestling. Look at his match vs Punk in 2011. It killed all the momentum Punk had and did nothing for the product. I would feel differently if Triple H were a full time wrestler, and at least him going over helped his character. I get that Brock isn't a full time guy either, but at least this would establish him as clearly beating Triple H. The alternative is having him lose a large amount of credibility, and he still does wrestle more often than Triple H.

#157 ·
It's just IWC that wants him to lose. That's not too many people to be honest. I personally give 2 fucks about this match.

Lesnar is ONLY loved by IWC. Look at his 2 matches since his return, he wasn't getting cheered in fucking CHICAGO. And summerslam the crowd was pretty dead the whole match.

#158 ·

Lesnar has a massive fanbase from his UFC days. He's the biggest star on the roster besides Rock. I'd venture to say that he has more casuals than hardcore fans on his side.

At Summerslam, the crowd was on Lesnar's side. At the end of the match, there were "You Tapped Out!" chants to HHH.

#163 ·

Well, Brock is suppose to continue on, so if they wanted to keep him strong, they should put him over. HHH "deserves better than this", dude, he'll be alright, he lost to Miz and Rtruth, he can afford to lose to Lesnar even if it's a clean loss, again like last time.

#164 ·

The retirement situation I believe is an attempt to swerve us. After all the last two Wrestlemania matches with a wrestler's career on the line ended with them losing. They're trying to make us think there's a chance Brock will win...

... and it worked on me until I realized this. HHH is taking this. Now there is a chance Lesnar will put down HHH at Extreme Rules or Summerslam, but since HHH needs his win back, he's at least going over at Mania.

#165 ·

Hunter's my all time favorite, but everybody (including myself) wants him to lose because it does a few things for the company ;

1. Less Part Timers : Think about it, if GAME retires then there will be one less part timer coming back for big time matches at shows like Summerslam and more importantly Wrestlemania, meaning higher card placement for the full time stars such as Sheamus and company. Triple H can retire this year in the biggest way possible, followed by the likes of Taker & The ROID next year.

2. He has nothing left to accomplish. Seriously, think about it for a second ; Where the fuck does Triple H go after this? He's already had feuds with all of the big names in the company, so bar giving Punk his win back for fucking him over in 2011 I can't think of anything else for Hunter other than putting over young talent like Jericho (YEAH, RIGHT :lol), so it would be best if he just rode off into the sunset.

3. If Triple H wins, BROCK is ruined. This is the big one here, as WWE has just signed Lesnar to a big time deal. Lesnar is already 1-1 with the company and the rumored headliner for Wrestlemania XXX against The Rock... Why the fuck would you sacrifice your long term big money matches just so Triple H can satisfy his ego? It would be a terrible, terrible business decision as well as an awful creative decision. If BROCK wins in decisive fashion and ends HHH's career, he'll be able to gain momentum and perhaps get a win over the likes of Cena before heading into the big dance at XXX.

Reactions: redban
#166 ·

How I would book it if I was the creative head:

They fight for about 20 minutes. Weapons, announce table spot, blood, fight through crowds, etc.

At the conclusion, HHH brings out the sledgehammer and tries to hit Brock. Brock ducks, kicks HHH, hits a big F5, and wins; 1, 2, 3.

After a brief celebration, Brock picks up HHH's sledgehammer. He holds it up, stares at it for a little bit, and gives a grin. In a very symbolic scene, he then puts the sledgehammer across the chest of a downed, bloody, motionless HHH. Brock leaves.

HHH is alone in the ring. He comes to himself, notices the sledgehammer and looks at it while on his knees.

His best buddy Shawn Michaels (and Ric Flair, if available) comes to the ring and tells HHH emotionally, "It's over." HHH gently puts the sledgehammer down in the middle of the ring, cries, hugs Shawn Michaels, and leaves in silence - no entrance music or anything.

The camera fades to intermission with a shot at the sledgehammer in the ring. The Game has finished.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem as if WWE will do this. They'll just have HHH win with the Pedigree and disappear until SummerSlam while a weak-looking Brock will somehow feud with The Rock.

#167 ·

i cant wait to see the King of Kings get his victory at WM and has so many years left in him and a guy like him can really be used good to put over and have a strong program with some of the talents on the roster

#173 ·

I dont mind Triple H winning matches.. hell I wouldnt even mind one more title run. The 2 reasons I donot want Triple H to win are 1. its predictable and that wouldnt have been a problem if other 2 big matches werent as predictable. 2. Lesnar signed a new deal and would look like a credible threat if he beats Triple H again.

But its not happening and the stipulation pretty much confirmed it. So why even talk about it.

#175 ·

You're lying. There were several Manias where the champion successfully defended the belt prior to WM19. For example WM2, WM3, WM11.
Heel, I meant heel champion. He was the first heel champion to successfully retain. And he did it twice.

There is no argument that HHH needs this win because he has a poor 'Mania record. He won his fair share.

#184 ·

Because:

1. HHH winning is too predictable.
2. He doesn't need his win back.
3. Lesnar can't afford to lose any more if he wants to retain his monster image, especially to someone who's already semi-retired.

#185 ·

The IWC just has this burning hate for the guy, it's sort of justified in some senses given his past and alleged unwillingness to put people over. I think it's mostly silly, most of people's criticism for his backstage involvement over the past decade are petty, I think that while he may have acted out of his own interest, his influence was still leaning towards the correct decision for the business.

RVD and Booker T would not have been good long term champions, all these big losses from the faces went on to fuel Evolution which was a big success since it produced both Batista and Randy Orton.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.