Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - MLB: ONE WEEK!
Thread: MLB: ONE WEEK!
View Single Post
post #3600 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Funkmaster DROW the X-Mas Hero
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being happy. -Robert Louis Stevenson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

re: MLB: ONE WEEK!

Jason Cohen at New York Yankees SB Nation blog "Pinstriped Bible" speculates about what the Yankees may do about this, if Teixiera is indeed going to be missing more time than six or so weeks of the season... Pay attention, MrMister...

http://www.pinstripedbible.com/2013/...-needs-surgery

Quote:
The Yankees' best bet is to try and trade for the Rangers' Mike Olt. He can play third base and Youkilis can move over to first. The Rangers have been interested in Joba Chamberlain and Olt has really no place to play with Adrian Beltre entrenched at third base. The Rangers have traded away good prospects for a reliever before (Mike Adams), so if they want Chamberlain (and probably a good-to-decent prospect or two) it could be more possible than people would believe. Olt would not only help in 2013, but could be a longterm solution at third base, even though Alex Rodriguez is on the team. A-Rod will need more and more time at DH, so there will be minimal conflict of playing time. Olt is still only 24, so he has plenty of time to play.
If I'm Jon Daniels, I want a lot more than Joba Chamberlain for Mike Olt. Tyler Austin and Ty Hensley would be who I'd want in a deal for Olt if I'm Daniels/Rangers. Make the Yankees pay premium prices for what they need right now.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome