Wrestling Forum banner

BIG GAME ROBBEN

352K views 9K replies 237 participants last post by  steamed hams 
#1 ·
Since Liverpool are starting their Europa League campaign tonight, may as well start this thread now.

This will be rodgers first season in Europe, so I expect he'll look to have a solid competition. I reckon AVB will take this competition more seriously than Redknapp and Newcastle will want to do well for sure. Hopefully these three teams will do well and help England's co-efficient points.

As for the CL, we're retaining it :jordan2

See less See more
#8,337 ·
Re: Wembley - Bayern vs Dortmund - Will they find a way for both of them to choke?

Bayern is looking better then BVB at the moment, in Bundesliga atleast.

#8,350 ·
Re: Wembley - Bayern vs Dortmund - Will they find a way for both of them to choke?

Both Lampard and Terry have been good over the years, but they do get overrated by the English media. People go on about those two being the key to Chelsea's success over the years, but I personally think Drogba and Cech were more important players.

#8,352 ·

Both Lampard and Terry have been good over the years, but they do get overrated by the English media. People go on about those two being the key to Chelsea's success over the years, but I personally think Drogba and Cech were more important players.
Over a long period those two definitely. I'd add in Carvalho and Makelele for the premiership winning period also.

Lampard seems like a fairly nice guy, didn't personally like the way he treated Villas-Boas though. Sure he had a hunger to still be in the first team and that's great but to try and undermine the manager like that was poor form and I know it wasn't just him, the whole campfire crew are to blame for that extremely unprofessional behaviour they demonstrated.

#8,353 ·

Personally I like to look at the whole team rather than the players’ individually. Terry isn't world class overall but his organisational skills and his aerial ability have been vital to Chelsea’s team over the years.

Not everyone has to be a worldbeater but everyone should at least contribute.

#8,355 · (Edited)

I think Madrid have been the shining example that putting eleven world class players in the same team doesn't guarantee success, at least not the success they crave anyway.

Terry and Carvalho worked a treat and complimented one another perfectly.

Christ, don't get me started on Ashley Cole. One reason I'd really love for Action Man to come back to the prem (aside from the obvious excitement) would be for him to utterly humiliate that overrated clown now that he's got over the big match hump. Being called the best at his position in the era of Lahm, I can't even describe how stupid this is.

#8,358 ·

To say theyre overrated is something, but to say they werent a vital part of chelsea's success is completely absurd

And im sick and tired of people repeatedly undermining our champions league victory last year

#8,360 ·

To say theyre overrated is something, but to say they werent a vital part of chelsea's success is completely absurd

And im sick and tired of people repeatedly undermining our champions league victory last year
Ikr, people always looking at the final saying how we were so lucky, but not looking at the tournament as a whole

#8,361 ·

Haha my friends keep poking fun at me for Chelsea being in the Europa League Final after winning the CL last year! Doesn't bother me though, I'm just happy that we might actually get a trophy this year, even if it is a BIG step down after winning the CL last year!

#8,371 ·

FIRST TEAM IN HISTORY TO HOLD BOTH TITLES AT ONCE. BOTH EUROPA AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Also, fuck benefica, its coach, and players. Annoying twats. All they do is shit on other teams. "waaaah waaaah we deserved to beat chelsea last year, we deserved to beat Porto, we were better, waaaaaaaaaah"

Did anyone read the comments made by one of their midfielders? About how much worse we've gotten because we got knocked out of the Champions league group stages and how theyre gonna beat us

Hey dumbass, YOURE IN THE EUROPA LEAGUE TOO

#8,372 ·

FIRST TEAM IN HISTORY TO HOLD BOTH TITLES AT ONCE. BOTH EUROPA AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Also, fuck benefica, its coach, and players. Annoying twats. All they do is shit on other teams. "waaaah waaaah we deserved to beat chelsea last year, we deserved to beat Porto, we were better, waaaaaaaaaah"

Did anyone read the comments made by one of their midfielders? About how much worse we've gotten because we got knocked out of the Champions league group stages and how theyre gonna beat us

Hey dumbass, YOURE IN THE EUROPA LEAGUE TOO
Those "comments" made by Aimar are not true, can't believe how can anyone believe in that shit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.