Wrestling Forum banner

GFX Ratings Thread

221K views 2K replies 195 participants last post by  B-Dawg 
#1 ·
If you want to post a banner you made for tips, ratings and criticism. Please post it here.

#419 ·
Y'all making these awesome signatures, some great work in here.
Meanwhile, I've just started painting landscapes. It's completely different to everything else in the thread so sorry if this is out of place and whatever but yeah

#420 ·
Been busy with requests outside of the section and other stuff, figured I'd post some of the things I've been making:

That Jericho signature isn't transparent I gave it a background to match the forum BG, to keep the quality up.​

Reactions: SaviorBeeRad™
#439 ·
The Walking Dead. :mark: I like the general concept, but it seems a little small. Try doing the common size of 500x300 maybe? See what you can do. I really like the background and you have blended in the image of The Governor well. Text is simple, but it works so it is fine. I'm not any good at text, so don't worry about that anyway. I think you can improve you just need to make your signatures a little bigger, I think. Also, it would look better with a border around it in my opinion.

I made this today. I like it.
Might set it as my signature.
Great signature! First off, I really like the Text, it has a nice shine look to it that I like. The text really works with the overall concept of the signature and it looks nice and doesn't feel out of place like Text does sometimes. The background has been kept fairly simple, but I like it with Shelton blended out. The main image of Shelton looks good and fits the signature well. What I would suggest is like the person above, adding a border to your images. There might be a border there, but if there is it isn't visible.

Some more side requests.

You know what I'm going to say...

EXCELLENT. :ex:

#441 ·
With GIMP :D. I do know for a fact that I could have made it better with Photoshop and I was def. missing PS while I was making that signature.

I love everyone's work here. Woah. I get inspired to make another GFX easily XD.
Inspiration is hard to come by for some around here and hopefully this thread does inspire others to work on improving. (Y)

So fucking amazing. :jericho
Thanks ;)

I made this @ Clique's request. Easily one of the most enjoyable pieces to make and one of those signatures I would have gladly kept for myself.

I kept the text simple to give it that movie poster feel, Clique won't be using it until later so I can easily play around with the text if it bothers me enough.

Knowing me, it will.

#448 ·
Awesome Sig, I loved how you had the yes on one side, and no on other side.How did you get the white border around the renders.Sorry I haven't done a Sig in months, mostly I do avatars for another forum lately, so my knowledge of it is down to a rookie agian lol.

#456 ·
Abk™;21950513 said:
What on earth would you do with PS? You're better off using GIMP, lol. Seriously most of the pieces you make with GIMP are top notch. I do know PS is a class ahead, but still. Keep it up :clap

Thanks guys.

To answer your question, Abk: Take for example this piece:

In Photoshop, I know the text would be much better as well as the framing of the windows. I can't even remember some of the tools from PS since I haven't used in many months now. I was looking through some of my signatures from the PS days and the text is more dynamic. The positives with GIMP is that it made me challenge myself more and the lack of tools available has forced me to be more creative to try and achieve the same effects PS would let you do with a click of a mouse.

You're right though, I haven't let GIMP be a much of a hindrance to me and I can still produce some great pieces. It also doesn't hurt to be creative, if anything my creativity is what has kept me from letting GIMP get the best of me.

My latest work...
This is pretty cool and has potential to be better, bigger text would be a great start. Having big dynamic text would tie it together nicely. If you enlarged the Ryback behind him to span across the full length of the signature and add secondary text in front to him it would like nice, imo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.