Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Beginners Guide To New Japan

View Single Post

Old 03-08-2013, 05:32 AM   #56 (permalink)
Seabs
"There's eleven esť!"

Seabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on rep
Default Re: Beginners Guide To New Japan

Wrestle Kingdom this year is a logical pick up point I guess. New Japan isn't as story heavy as American promotions so you can pick it up from any point really just by looking at match cards and reading the OP to familiarise yourself with faces and alignments. Dominion and King of Pro Wrestling are the must see shows from last year.

If you start from now then it's a good place too as you have the New Japan Cup which will showcase a lot of the bigger stars in singles matches and create a new direction for Tanahashi and the title. The only other note is that CHAOS and Suzuki-Gun are feuding right now and working matches together. Other than that nobody should have any trouble picking the promotion up right now and watching back when they can.

And no English commentary. I get how this could put some people off but trust me it doesn't. Ask any New Japan fan and you'll get a similar answer. You can get invested in the matches and the promotion without and the crazy Japanese commentary actually adds to the experience.
Seabs is offline   Reply With Quote