Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Who was your FIRST favorite wrestler?
View Single Post
post #60 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Gareth Mallroy
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Who was your FIRST favorite wrestler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge10 View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty similar to you in the way that gradually Bret started to become my favourite. Always loved him in his Hart Foundation days & then he started getting his singles run while Warrior was in and out.

I was drawn to the energy & the colours. Something that I always have been (& always will be to an extent) from Sonic the Hedgehog on the SEGA Mega Drive around the same time, 1991, to my music tastes (happy hardcore). Ultimate Warrior was the perfect guy for me to cheer on, especially compared to Hulk Hogan who was always rammed down our throats. (having said that, so was Warrior but I didn't care)
In hindsight you notice the flaws, but I just roll with it. He was appropriate for the times and a big star, that's all I really care about. With Savage I can really respect and appreciate him looking back, but with Warrior I just let the child me mark out.

I think Bret being from my city and country really reignited my interest in pro-wrestling, in a selfish way. It kickstarted my fondness for the more mat based styles and to this day Bret remains my favourite.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome