Wrestling Forum banner

Who was your FIRST favorite wrestler?

18K views 309 replies 280 participants last post by  J89LDN 
#1 ·
I started watching wrestling in 2005(10 years old) one of the first wrestlers i saw fight was brock lesnar he instantly became a favorite of mine i loved his f5 finisher and he was one of the first action figures i got as well.Who was yours?

#35 ·
Kane removing his mask scared the shit out of me. Especially when he chokeslammed RVD, who was my favourite at the time.

#29 ·
The Rock

#30 ·
Lesnar was gone by 2005? Or did you used to watch old DVD's and stuff?

Anyway, I started watching during the Monday Night Wars so I kinda had two favourites (one from each show) as my brother used to channel flick.

WWF favourite was The Rock

and my WCW favourtie was Kevin Nash.

I remember being really worried this one time when Kevin Nash was going for a piss at a urinal and Booker T attacked him from behind and stole his WCW world title. I thought that Nash wasn't champion anymore because Booker had the title.

#32 ·
The Hulkster!

#34 ·
Eddy Guerrero.

My first PPV was Backlash 2000, and him arriving in and wrestling Essa Rios in his tux after his prom was the coolest thing in the world to that 9 year old English boy.

Somehow outshone everyone on the show for me, which included Benoit and Jericho putting on a clinic, Austin returning to kick ass and Rocky winning the title.

#55 ·
Not old, just Old School, and in this case.. Old School is better than this new school PG era bullshit :agree:

#42 ·
the first match i saw was E&C in a tag match
so naturally i liked edge
then i loved kane and austin

#45 ·
The Ultimate Warrior. Still one of my favourites for sentimental value. I loved the colour and the spark and energy. I hated Hogan and Macho Man as a kid, only looking back can I really appreciate how amazing Savage really was. Same with Rick Rude. I hated him way back, when he was trying to out pose Warrior and stuff, but now he's in my Fav Five.

From Warrior it drifted to Bret. I never got into the Flair and Savage feud as a kid, though it's pretty good in hindsight, so I was tuning out of wrestling until a guy from my hometown became WWE Champion. And the rest is history.

#47 · (Edited)
Started watching in 1990, when I was 7 years old. My favorite singles wrestler was the Ultimate Warrior. My favorite tag team was the Rockers. Obviously, as a kid, I loved dem COLORS that the three of them incorporated into their gimmicks.

As I got alittle older and Warrior had pretty much come and gone a couple of times, and HBK was a full-fledged singles wrestler, I gravitated to him more.

#51 ·
Started watching in late '80's/early '90's and Ultimate Warrior was a cut above everyone in my eyes, back then. I couldn't stand Hulk Hogan & how he dominated and always seemed to manage the victory. I'll never forget watching Wrestlemania VI & saying to my friend 'Hulk Hogan never loses, Warrior won't be able to beat him.' I was just happy that Warrior was going for the WWF title. When he did indeed win I went apeshit.

There seems to be a lot of comparison for my hatred of Hogan as a child to my hatred of Cena now as an adult.

#53 ·
Damn I'm 29 and feel old as hell Lol. I've been watching wrestling since i was a baby. I remember being fascinated with Ricky Steamboat. That fire shit had me in awe. Randy Savage always took precedent in my heart over hogan ugh i just couldn't stand him for some reason. My first crush was bret hart...i cried when he lost to the british bulldog. Undertaker legitimately scared the shit out of me with the eyes rolling back and the caskets and stuff...*sigh* memories

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.