Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennis Discussion Thread

244K views 7K replies 141 participants last post by  Nige™ 
#1 ·

Hot off the heels of an amazing French Open, the men and women now turn to the grass courts of Wimbledon. Can Rafa continue with his momentum, or can Novak wrestle it back? Can Federer rise up and collect another slam? Can Murray get a breakthrough slam in front of his home crowd? Will there be a darkhorse shocker like Tomic :side: to come through and take the world by storm?

I'm thoroughly looking forward to this event, it's my favourite slam and I'm really hoping to see some great tennis on display. As far as the ladies go, you'd have to think Sharapova, Kvitova, Serena, Azarenka etc will all be in the mix, Stosur a slight chance provided she doesn't choke it up in monumental fashion, and well, who knows with the women, Wozniacki might even break through and break her duck.

June 25th, can't come soon enough.

See less See more
#6,021 ·
Paire vs Del Po a potential round 2. Last time Paire faced Del Po, he beat him & made the semis of Rome. In fact, he could have made the final if he wasn't such a clown.

Projected QF's.

Djokovic-Gasquet (again)
Ferrer-Del Potro
Nadal-Federer
Murray-Berdych

#6,022 ·
Why is Del Potro even playing Cincinnati? He can barely serve, he is having some back problems, he should withdraw and have some rest so that he can be fit for the US Open.

Federer has such a hard draw and with this form I can't see him doing well

Djokovic has a very easy draw, if he doesn't make the final, I'll be surprised.

There could a rematch between Murray and Gulbis in R2, Gulbis has to face Youzhny before that though and I can easily see him lose that

#6,023 ·
Why is Del Potro even playing Cincinnati? He can barely serve, he is having some back problems, he should withdraw and have some rest so that he can be fit for the US Open.
I agree. But it's Del Potro & the guy has a habit of playing through injuries. I think Paire would beat him if they play.

#6,035 · (Edited)
I don't know man, I mean, its possible but I don't think he will. I know hes been playing great this year and unlike Djokovic and Murray he has no points to defend but after Wimbledon, his good tournaments where had success are the Rodgers cup and the US Open. He doesn't do well on Cincinnati and Shanghai and then there is the indoor season where you know,he doesn't do well, he hasn't had much success there

#6,036 ·
Not at all excited for the final tonight but so excited for the US Open. Nadal beating Novak is great going in, suggesting he's going to be a contender. Either of those two are Murray will take it, no doubt about it. As much as I'd love to see Del Potro win it, he's not going to beat two of them.

#6,037 ·
#AnyonebutMurray

I'm concerned about JMDP's injury issues. If he was fit, then he can beat 2 of them. He beat Federer & Nadal back to back to win it before, so he's certainly capable.

Still going to pick Djokovic though

#6,038 ·
He did but he's not done it since he's come back in a slam or beaten either in a slam. Anyone's capable in theory. He's more likely but the odds are very against it unfortunately.

I said when we were predicted the slam winners before this season this would be the toughest, got the first three right but my gut says Murray. I'd like him to win it too ahead of the Novak & Rafa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.