Wrestling Forum banner

Best HEEL ever?

20K views 208 replies 153 participants last post by  My Pet Pikachu 
#1 ·
Who according to you is the Best Heel the WWF/E has ever seen? For me it's the Undertaker during his Ministry of Darkness Era... as the Lord of Darkness he became someone the industry had never seen before and with that spine-chilling appearance and the way he cut a promo with Paul Bearer was so impressive and in a way scary...I like Punk and he too has been a very good heel but TAKER as the Lord of Darkness was on another level... HHH and Y2J are worth mentioning as well...

#122 ·
Well that's your opinion to say Hogan was a bigger heel is subjective. To me he was a pretty corny heel in those NWO days.. As for Hassan no doubt he potentially could have been one of the biggest heels of all time but HHH takes the cake for the 2000's for me and judging by this thread for many other too

#128 ·
You can really tell who has not seen anything before the AE.

Vince drew heat for a very long time, there is nothing worse than an evil, corrupt boss to rile up the working class.

I feel thats cheating though, anyone could be the best at anything if they had pretty much 100% say in how their character is booked, although you still have to be convincing & thats exactly what Vince was.

Although, my picks, Piper (Still love the promo with Snuka, coconut & all), Iron Shiek, Dibiase Sr. & Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan.

#138 ·
Triple H is the best heel ever. Piper, Vince do not come close. The level of Trips heel run was so huge that forget about the CASUALS even the SMARKS hated him like he was the son of a satan himself.

Hell, even the smarks to this day cannot separate his in ring promo in between kayfabe or non kayfabe.

Triple H is the best kayfabe and non kayfabe ( even smarks failing to separate his on screen character with his personal taste ) heel of ALL TIME !! Period !!

#140 ·
The reason he was hated is because he booked himself to go over all the time. People were sick of him always being champion and always going over. HE was not hated for what he did in the ring, he was hated for the stuff he did behind the scenes to get over and how he would bury younger and better talent just to keep himself on top

#144 ·
Not a bad pick by any stretch of the imagination, not my GOAT heel but never the less i can see why.

For me, after a bit more thinking i would have to go for Flair ( his Four Horsemen days, but i think he was boosted by the other members, who IMO worked with each other brilliantly) or Piper, for reasons i really shouldnt have to explain.

#142 ·
Triple H was really good from all of the videos and episodes I've seen, so were Hassan, JBL, Piper too. The best heels in terms of crowd reaction and performance for me when I watched regularly were Chris Jericho, Edge, Kurt Angle, and I guess Christian in TNA.

With all of that said, I think Vince McMahon is the best heel of all time. He was the heel in the feud that caused a boom period in wrestling.

#148 ·
Eddie was untouchable. There will probably never be another heel that good ever again.

He's not my favourite heel, I would take JBL, Vince, Jericho, Punk, etc over him any day of the week, but he had one thing they all lacked, the creepy, disturbed presence of a serial killer. Nobody could make you believe they were a bad guy more than Eddie. I don't see that quality in other heels like Triple H, Edge, Piper, etc. It's one thing to just do terrible things and another to exude that evil aura.

#150 ·
but he had one thing they all lacked, the creepy, disturbed presence of a serial killer. Nobody could make you believe they were a bad guy more than Eddie. I don't see that quality in other heels like Triple H, Edge, Piper, etc.
That was kind of my reasoning for saying S.E.S Punk and Raven, i forgot about Eddie at the time but i'd add him to my list as well. Guys like HHH and Vince were great at being completely unlikable, egomaniacal douchbags that you just wanted to see get their ass kicked, but they never had that "pure evil" aura about them like the guys i mentioned.

#157 ·
Hollywood Hogan, HHH, Vince, and heel rock to name a few

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.