Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#20,441 ·
II have no problems with the storyline. I think with how the Over The Limit match being filled with no WWE sensationalized stories, only straight up wrestling, it led down some to a path of mild disappointment that it wasn't going to get to be the same type of match the second time around. Only a guess. I loved it being different. Incorporation of the No DQ stip was used in a fantastic manner. Brutal would shape the match in proper form, tbhayley. It is just that - so brutal. ****1/4, imo.
I just hated that the storyline revolved around AJ, I guess I was just hoping for a Punk/Bryan feud that centred around just them. I loved that the match was different and brutal some of Bryan's kick were absolutely vicious. Those guys beat the crap out of each other and I loved it.

#20,442 ·
My Top 10 favourite WrestleMania matches:

#10 - Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (WM 14) - HBK had his back broken, and essentially his career broken. Austin? Still reeling on huge pain and the effects of the broken freakin' neck. And even with a broken neck and a broken back respectively, HBK and Austin delievered a classic. Unbelievable. The atmosphere helped a lot too, since the Boston crowd was rabid for this one, and alongside the great psychology, brawling and big match feel, I see here perhaps one of the biggest What If's in WM history: what if this match still happened but neither man was injured? Shit you can only dream of.

#9 - Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage (WM 8) - Holy fuck, was this ever lovingly personal. It was nothing more than a Plan B after they didn't went with Hogan/Flair (alongside the horrible Hogan/Sid match), but for a Plan B, it quite worked. Sure, it helped that you had Flair and Savage beating the hell out of each other in their primes, but that's exactly one of the major reasons why this is so awesome. It's perhaps the closest you ever got to Hogan/Flair with both men in their primes. The build up was awesome, Flair went to WM like a strong heat magnet, and the match was a stiff, violent wrestling WAR. Amazing stuff and easily Flair's best WM match and Savage's 2nd best (2nd to #7 in this list) IMO.

#8 - Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit (WM 20) - Emotion was just one of the minor keys. Here's the main ignition for the sucess of this Triple Threat: intensity. Pure raw intensity. That's what this match was all about. With three of the greatest of all time, the 'E did EXACTLY the right thing - to let them go completely balls out in MSG and give every damn thing they had. And boy, did they ever do it. Now, I don't want to be prejudiced and play with the whole "Krispin Wah" or "Chris who?" jokes, but I do admit that my ranking for this match was way higher, before a certain tragedy in 2007 killed (no pun intended) my respect for Benoit the person. Has it killed my respect for Benoit the wrestler? Well, no. Regardless of what he did, Benoit is a fucking legend, with one of the greatest legacies in history. And even though the future wasn't happy at all for him, he deserved every single bit of the WHC. Not to mention, the post-match celebration is one of the greatest moments in WM history.

#7 - The Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage (WM 7) - And speaking of a post-match "celebration" being one of the greatest moments in WM history, the Savage/Elizabeth reunion is one of, if not THE single most heartwarming things I've ever seen in a wrestling ring. But of course, a moment only comes realized when it's backed by a great match - and boy, this wasn't great, it was phenomenal. The Ultimate Warrior's greatest match BY FAR, you could tell Savage carried him, but Warrior actually more than held his own. Some innovations in this match, like the multiple finishers in a row and the finisher kick-out (which at the time, were completely unheard of), made it even more of a classic. And unlike most matches of its kind, it wasn't more of a match or a moment - it was more of BOTH at the same time. That balance might be the reason that makes it so awesome. And yes, Savage, the loser, actually lasted more in the company than Warrior, the winner, when this was supposed to be a Retirement Match, but much like Flair's bullshit retirement, it's compensated by this match itself being a spectacle.

#6 - The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (WM 26) - Another amazing match followed by an amazing moment. Sure, HBK retiring isn't "amazing" in any stretch possible, but you know what I mean. What no one can deny is that he lost and went away in a valiant effort. The unanimous big eye raiser was that, no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't deliever a match that was as good as the one they had the previous year at 25. Well, that's arguable, but the fact is that both of these matches were completely different. The match at 25 was a spectacle, a wrestling technical masterpiece, essentially the feel of a dream match. This was much deeper, much more personal and much more storyline driven. Now admitedly, the 25 classic surely didn't call for a rematch, but if I was to know that it would be completely different (in a spectacularly positive way) than its predecessor, I would be all for it since the kickstart. Storytelling? Brilliant. Psychology? Potential GOAT. Atmosphere? Not as good at 25, but still nuts. Could you really ask for more in the circumstances this match happened? No, you couldn't. For its kind, this was PERFECT.

#5 - The Undertaker vs. Triple H (WM 28) - Many of you will think I'm insane by putting this one this high in my top 10 WrestleMania matches, but it's my top 10 FAVORITE, and believe me, this one was one of my favourites ever. Yes, it was slow paced. Yes, the Cell was essentially useless (other than that part where they spent pretty much the initial 5 minutes of the match throwing each other into the Cell's walls like pinballs and raking their faces on it). And yes, it marked the end of... well, nothing. BUT, the match itself was incredible. People that know me very well acknowledge that Undertaker vs. H inside HIAC is one of the biggest dream matches I ever wanted. After all, they are the kings of HIAC. And it actually happening at WM with HBK (2nd to SCSA as my all time favourite in WWE history) as ref was awesome. The match was brutal, it had insane storytelling, atmosphere and psychology, and it helped having like 10000 kick-outs. And yes, I was one of the thousands in the world watching WM 28 live thinking the Streak was over after the SCM-Pedigree combo. We all know that it wasn't HHH's final match, not even Taker's actually, but had it been, it would've been even better of a moment than Flair's final exclamation point at WM 24.

#4 - The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (WM 17) - Does the word HUGE make this justice? The two biggest icons of the biggest wrestling company in the world, in their peak, in front of 60,000+ people, beating the shit out of each other. Screams epic. And it was. It was essentially the be all, end all of the time - just like the storyline demanded, they were pulling every single stop to beat the other. Ring bells, chairshots, enormous Superplexes, finisher theft, even allying to Vince fucking McMahon. It REALLY made you believe that they wanted to win, and they wanted to win more than anyone in the world. Both Austin and Rock looked like Thor and Hercules, unstoppable in win and defeat respectively. And while the heel turn kinda flopped because the Houston crowd was cheering for Austin regardless of him shaking Vince's hands (no surprise though, it was essentially Austin's hometown), it did set the bar for a terrific 2001 for HEEL SCSA. GOAT WM Main Event IMO.

#3 - Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (WM 10) - Like KOK said, this CLICKED. And it clicked in every aspect. Both men played their parts in the build up as perfecly as possible, both men made people REALLY care about a brother vs. brother feud (which usually flops, but not this time). And they drew people into easily one of the greatest matches in WWE history. One could argue that the Steel Cage Match at SummerSlam later this year was as good if not BETTER, but this was way different than that match. It had much tougher circumstances to provide us a classic - it wasn't a title match, it wasn't inside a cage, it was the OPENER of the biggest show of the year... but, in that remark, its the single greatest opener in WWE history. One would think this was a Bret carryjob, but Owen proved here that he was as good as his brother, which was in a way the point of the storyline (though Owen actually wanted to be not as good, but better than Bret). Ladies and gentlemen, what you behold here is, quite honestly, the greatest piece of technical art in WM history, and one of the greatest in WWE (and perhaps wrestling overall) history. If you loved the Angle/Benoit, Punk/Bryan, Flair/Steamboat, etc. type matches where two guys go out there and put on a masterpiece, you will ADORE this one.

#2 - The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (WM 25) - To many people, the greatest match in WM history. In my opinion, only 2nd to this next match, but believe me, it's just a fingernail below in overall awesomeness. Their 26 match was, like I said, absolutely different than this one, in that it had much better psychology, much better wrestling and much more deep significance. That wasn't the intent in this one. This was meant to be a big match. Well, not big - giant. Like Rock/Austin at 17 giant. These were two Texans in Houston, under the tagline of a war between Heaven and Hell, in their 1st singles match since 1998. The Streak vs. Mr. WrestleMania. No need for much more. The drama, the big match feel, the atmosphere, the incredible pace... well, I don't think I need to talk much more about this one.

#1 - Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (WM 13) - HHH had the Street Fight with Mick Foley. HBK had the Ladder Match with Razor Ramon. The Rock had the I Quit Match with Foley too. And Stone Cold had the No DQ Submission Match with Bret Hart. The real start of the Attitude Era IMO, this was beyond incredible, and if you're a WWE fan and haven't watched this yet, make yourself a favour and DO IT. 'Nuff said.

It's crazy to think the number of classics in WM history alone, and to think there are still many more to come. Is it even possible at the end of the day to make a PROPER Top 10 WM matches of all time?

#20,444 ·
I've seen a great Three Way Match these days. The one from Vengeance 03 between Angle/Lesnar/Show. ***3/4 from.me, fun match

#20,446 ·
Any thoughts on the Rock/Austin match from Rebellion 2001?
Pretty shiiiiiiiity. Edit: Found my thoughts as well as Andy's (I think they were his anyway lol):

Andy from elsewhere said:
Steve Austin v The Rock (Rebellion, 11/3/01)
- Well, this was pretty weak. I mean, it's okay, and good in parts, but nowhere near as good as it had the potential to be. Comparing it to the Wrestlemania 17 match, it's tremendously disappointing. Granted, expecting a match to be as good as that is likely to leave one disappointed more often than not, but still. It's actually worked pretty similarly to the Wrestlemania match in that it's one of those heel Austin formula brawls, but it never really progresses past that "brawling" point, effectively becoming the first half of the Wrestlemania match stretched out for half an hour. Rock's punches looked pretty woeful here, too. Usually I don't mind them too much, but comparing them here to what they were like even 2 months later, they look terrible in comparison. There's also a shitty sharpshooter spot where Austin's makes Rock's look like Bret Hart's in comparison. Then the ref' bump and overbooked finish adds another layer of suck. I know it sounds like I'm shitting on this, and I kinda am, but there's still good points to it, as you'd expect. Just not enough to really make it anything special at all. I'm interested in hearing what others think of this, because I might have watched this at a bad time or something.
Just watched it, and unless both of us watched it at a bad time or something, then this match really is just "meh".

Its a 25 minute brawl, which starts off hot, and slowly gets incredibly boring as they really don't change up what they are doing. Rock's punches do indeed look shittier than usual, and Austin doesn't exactly look like Mr Motivated here. The ref bump is stupid as hell, with Austin running into him first, followed by Rocky missing a clothesline on Austin, continuing forward and hitting a SEPARATE clothesline on the ref! Seriously, he put his arm back down, ran forward towards the ref and THEN knocked him down. Just looked horrible. And Andy was right on the money with Austin's Sharpshooter, it was hideous, like, Edge's Overhead Belly to Belly hideous :p.

So after brawling and brawling some more, the ref bump happens and we get some pretty weak interference (Angle's chair shot looks like it wouldn't even hurt a small child), which leads to Austin retaining the belt.

Honestly, I wouldn't go as far as to say there was some good in this match like Andy did, because I was bored almost all the way through and didn't think they did anything more than have a mediocre brawl. Not nominating, not pimping, not watching again. Hidden gem my arse, I swear than since Austin101 rated it ****1/4 and said it was awesome, most other people just agreed with him instead of watching it and calling it like it is.

Rating: ** and I would say that their WM15 match is better than this quite easily.

#20,447 ·
Rock/Austin from Rebellion has ***1/2 from me.Not their best match, but a solid one. The long ref bump kinda hurt the match, but it was still a good main-event. Deserves a watch

Reactions: Mr. WrestleMania
#20,448 ·
I saw FluxCapacitator ask for TV gems, I skimmed and assumed no-one pimped Finlay/Hardy 6/22/07 from Smackdown? Hell if someone pimped it I'll second it even though I'm 99% sure nobody other than possibly Yeah1993 would think to include it. Watch it. Adore it. Come back and proclaim Matt Hardy to be a sorely under appreciated and overlooked worker from the last decade in WWE. Yadda Yadda Yadda.

#20,449 ·
Mark Henry Vs Tommy Dreamer - ECW 12/05/2009

Time for Dreamer to pay for sucking lately. BEAT HIM HIM AND BREAK HIS NECK MARK.

MARK HENRY HAS LEGS THE SIZE OF PEOPLE. That might be my favourite non Dusty commentary line EVER.

Henry beats the fuck out of Dreamer. Nothing to dislike here at all lol. Dreamer's comeback is hilariously bad. That "E! C! W!" thing he does makes him look like a retard, and then when he runs into the corner for a dropkick... I'd be faster walking, let's put it that way :lmao. He hits the DDT, but Henry gets his foot on the ropes, then gets back to his feet and murders the heart and soul of ECW with a WORLD'S STRONGEST SLAM.

This was good, mainly because Dreamer barely got anything in until right at the end and that was only for about 30 seconds.

Rating: **

Tyson Kidd Vs Finlay - ECW 12/05/2009

I'll happily take another match between these two :). Natalya has been banned from ringside because... she distracted the ref in their last match? I don't remember nor care. FINLAY.

Finlay controls the match early on, looking great as usual. He works the arm, and there's a great little spot where Finlay smiles and says "come on" to Kidd, begging him to try to escape, so Kidd smashes him in the face with an elbow shot! Their last match revolved around Kidd working the leg of Finlay, and it was successful, so he tries the same thing again here.

Finlay keeps managing to avoid the leg work, and they end up just doing some hard hitting shit to each other on the outside before Kidd manages to smash Finlay into the ring steps and injure his arm.

Decent enough arm work, not as good as the leg stuff from a few weeks ago. Nice comeback from Finlay, selling the arm all the way, then when he's about to hit the Celtic Cross, DAVID HART SMITH shows up to bore me to death... I mean help Kidd and they double team Finlay.

Good match overall.

Rating: **1/2

#20,451 ·
Christian Vs Jack Swagger - ECW Title Match - Judgment Day 17/05/2009

This is their last singles match ever, right? I don't recall them having another match on ECW or anywhere else following this. Am I forgetting something? I remember very little about this one. In fact, I only remember who wins.

Christian shows us some nice progression in this series right from the get go, avoiding all of Swagger's attempts to take this to the mat and attempting to turn this into a brawl. I like how Swagger went for that press slam the first time he got his hands on Christian too, but Christian was able to avoid that too.

Christian really on his game so far, not letting Swagger get much in at all. He's the champ in this match and HE is the one trying to dictate the pace of the match. But Swagger still has all that power, and fuck, another great spot with said power that launches Christian from his shoulders back first into the ring post. Awesome.

Speaking of great spots, Swagger goes for the Vader Bomb move in the corner, and Christian gets his knees up... but Swagger essentially gives himself a CODE BREAKER by going head first :lmao.

Swagger really doesn't get too much in here, even though he works over Christian's back and mid-section. Christian seems to be more confident and resilient now he's champion, and he really is one step ahead of Swagger in this bout. Any time Swagger looks to get on a role, Christian will find a counter or will out-smart or out-maneuver the rookie. Might seem like a weird match structure, but I really like it. Shows how their series has progressed and how they as wrestlers have progressed too. Swagger was the young, cocky rookie who rolled over everyone, became champion and was dominating. Christian is the veteran who made his return and was looking to make an impact. They battled and eventually Christian won in a hard fought match. Now the confidence of Swagger might not be as high, while Christian is on top of his game.

Finish see's Christian once again out-cheating Swagger to pick up the win. Really good match, but certainly a step behind their previous title matches.

Rating: ***1/4

#20,452 ·
My Top 10 favourite WrestleMania matches:

#10 - Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (WM 14) - HBK had his back broken, and essentially his career broken. Austin? Still reeling on huge pain and the effects of the broken freakin' neck. And even with a broken neck and a broken back respectively, HBK and Austin delievered a classic. Unbelievable. The atmosphere helped a lot too, since the Boston crowd was rabid for this one, and alongside the great psychology, brawling and big match feel, I see here perhaps one of the biggest What If's in WM history: what if this match still happened but neither man was injured? Shit you can only dream of.

#9 - Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage (WM 8) - Holy fuck, was this ever lovingly personal. It was nothing more than a Plan B after they didn't went with Hogan/Flair (alongside the horrible Hogan/Sid match), but for a Plan B, it quite worked. Sure, it helped that you had Flair and Savage beating the hell out of each other in their primes, but that's exactly one of the major reasons why this is so awesome. It's perhaps the closest you ever got to Hogan/Flair with both men in their primes. The build up was awesome, Flair went to WM like a strong heat magnet, and the match was a stiff, violent wrestling WAR. Amazing stuff and easily Flair's best WM match and Savage's 2nd best (2nd to #7 in this list) IMO.

#8 - Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit (WM 20) - Emotion was just one of the minor keys. Here's the main ignition for the sucess of this Triple Threat: intensity. Pure raw intensity. That's what this match was all about. With three of the greatest of all time, the 'E did EXACTLY the right thing - to let them go completely balls out in MSG and give every damn thing they had. And boy, did they ever do it. Now, I don't want to be prejudiced and play with the whole "Krispin Wah" or "Chris who?" jokes, but I do admit that my ranking for this match was way higher, before a certain tragedy in 2007 killed (no pun intended) my respect for Benoit the person. Has it killed my respect for Benoit the wrestler? Well, no. Regardless of what he did, Benoit is a fucking legend, with one of the greatest legacies in history. And even though the future wasn't happy at all for him, he deserved every single bit of the WHC. Not to mention, the post-match celebration is one of the greatest moments in WM history.

#7 - The Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage (WM 7) - And speaking of a post-match "celebration" being one of the greatest moments in WM history, the Savage/Elizabeth reunion is one of, if not THE single most heartwarming things I've ever seen in a wrestling ring. But of course, a moment only comes realized when it's backed by a great match - and boy, this wasn't great, it was phenomenal. The Ultimate Warrior's greatest match BY FAR, you could tell Savage carried him, but Warrior actually more than held his own. Some innovations in this match, like the multiple finishers in a row and the finisher kick-out (which at the time, were completely unheard of), made it even more of a classic. And unlike most matches of its kind, it wasn't more of a match or a moment - it was more of BOTH at the same time. That balance might be the reason that makes it so awesome. And yes, Savage, the loser, actually lasted more in the company than Warrior, the winner, when this was supposed to be a Retirement Match, but much like Flair's bullshit retirement, it's compensated by this match itself being a spectacle.

#6 - The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (WM 26) - Another amazing match followed by an amazing moment. Sure, HBK retiring isn't "amazing" in any stretch possible, but you know what I mean. What no one can deny is that he lost and went away in a valiant effort. The unanimous big eye raiser was that, no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't deliever a match that was as good as the one they had the previous year at 25. Well, that's arguable, but the fact is that both of these matches were completely different. The match at 25 was a spectacle, a wrestling technical masterpiece, essentially the feel of a dream match. This was much deeper, much more personal and much more storyline driven. Now admitedly, the 25 classic surely didn't call for a rematch, but if I was to know that it would be completely different (in a spectacularly positive way) than its predecessor, I would be all for it since the kickstart. Storytelling? Brilliant. Psychology? Potential GOAT. Atmosphere? Not as good at 25, but still nuts. Could you really ask for more in the circumstances this match happened? No, you couldn't. For its kind, this was PERFECT.

#5 - The Undertaker vs. Triple H (WM 28) - Many of you will think I'm insane by putting this one this high in my top 10 WrestleMania matches, but it's my top 10 FAVORITE, and believe me, this one was one of my favourites ever. Yes, it was slow paced. Yes, the Cell was essentially useless (other than that part where they spent pretty much the initial 5 minutes of the match throwing each other into the Cell's walls like pinballs and raking their faces on it). And yes, it marked the end of... well, nothing. BUT, the match itself was incredible. People that know me very well acknowledge that Undertaker vs. H inside HIAC is one of the biggest dream matches I ever wanted. After all, they are the kings of HIAC. And it actually happening at WM with HBK (2nd to SCSA as my all time favourite in WWE history) as ref was awesome. The match was brutal, it had insane storytelling, atmosphere and psychology, and it helped having like 10000 kick-outs. And yes, I was one of the thousands in the world watching WM 28 live thinking the Streak was over after the SCM-Pedigree combo. We all know that it wasn't HHH's final match, not even Taker's actually, but had it been, it would've been even better of a moment than Flair's final exclamation point at WM 24.

#4 - The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (WM 17) - Does the word HUGE make this justice? The two biggest icons of the biggest wrestling company in the world, in their peak, in front of 60,000+ people, beating the shit out of each other. Screams epic. And it was. It was essentially the be all, end all of the time - just like the storyline demanded, they were pulling every single stop to beat the other. Ring bells, chairshots, enormous Superplexes, finisher theft, even allying to Vince fucking McMahon. It REALLY made you believe that they wanted to win, and they wanted to win more than anyone in the world. Both Austin and Rock looked like Thor and Hercules, unstoppable in win and defeat respectively. And while the heel turn kinda flopped because the Houston crowd was cheering for Austin regardless of him shaking Vince's hands (no surprise though, it was essentially Austin's hometown), it did set the bar for a terrific 2001 for HEEL SCSA. GOAT WM Main Event IMO.

#3 - Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (WM 10) - Like KOK said, this CLICKED. And it clicked in every aspect. Both men played their parts in the build up as perfecly as possible, both men made people REALLY care about a brother vs. brother feud (which usually flops, but not this time). And they drew people into easily one of the greatest matches in WWE history. One could argue that the Steel Cage Match at SummerSlam later this year was as good if not BETTER, but this was way different than that match. It had much tougher circumstances to provide us a classic - it wasn't a title match, it wasn't inside a cage, it was the OPENER of the biggest show of the year... but, in that remark, its the single greatest opener in WWE history. One would think this was a Bret carryjob, but Owen proved here that he was as good as his brother, which was in a way the point of the storyline (though Owen actually wanted to be not as good, but better than Bret). Ladies and gentlemen, what you behold here is, quite honestly, the greatest piece of technical art in WM history, and one of the greatest in WWE (and perhaps wrestling overall) history. If you loved the Angle/Benoit, Punk/Bryan, Flair/Steamboat, etc. type matches where two guys go out there and put on a masterpiece, you will ADORE this one.

#2 - The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (WM 25) - To many people, the greatest match in WM history. In my opinion, only 2nd to this next match, but believe me, it's just a fingernail below in overall awesomeness. Their 26 match was, like I said, absolutely different than this one, in that it had much better psychology, much better wrestling and much more deep significance. That wasn't the intent in this one. This was meant to be a big match. Well, not big - giant. Like Rock/Austin at 17 giant. These were two Texans in Houston, under the tagline of a war between Heaven and Hell, in their 1st singles match since 1998. The Streak vs. Mr. WrestleMania. No need for much more. The drama, the big match feel, the atmosphere, the incredible pace... well, I don't think I need to talk much more about this one.

#1 - Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (WM 13) - HHH had the Street Fight with Mick Foley. HBK had the Ladder Match with Razor Ramon. The Rock had the I Quit Match with Foley too. And Stone Cold had the No DQ Submission Match with Bret Hart. The real start of the Attitude Era IMO, this was beyond incredible, and if you're a WWE fan and haven't watched this yet, make yourself a favour and DO IT. 'Nuff said.

It's crazy to think the number of classics in WM history alone, and to think there are still many more to come. Is it even possible at the end of the day to make a PROPER Top 10 WM matches of all time?
Very good write-up dude, and kudos on the effort (Y)

I especially liked that you boldly added Savage/Warrior to your list. What a fantastic match that is overlooked due to people's disdain for Warrior as a worker. Macho Man Randy Savage vs the Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 7 was bar none the greatest match of Warrior's career. I put the match almost on the caliber of Savage/Steamboat if only for the fact that Randy managed to carry Warrior to a fantastic bout that complimented both men's style. The stipulation behind the match which gave it suspense, the emotional multiple flying elbow spot, the ending where Macho successfully managed to go from being hated by more than half the crowd to being cheered by absolutely everyone. Great story told, pure entertainment. Very good match from the Golden Era that completely stole the show.

Might do a list of my own soon, seing the ones on here, I think mine will be distinctively different from the one's i've seen in the last handful of posts, so I won't be treading on redundancy (hopefully).

#20,453 ·
Top 5 LMS matches, anyone? I'll start.

1.) HBK vs. Triple H (for the WHC) - Royal Rumble 2004
2.) John Cena vs. Umaga (for the WWE championship) - Royal Rumble 2007
3.) Shane McMahon vs. Kane - Unforgiven 2003
4.) Chris Jericho vs. Kane - Armageddon 2000
5.) Randy Orton vs. Triple H (for the WWE championship) - No Mercy 2007

Honorable mentions:
- John Cena vs. Edge (for the WWE championship) - Backlash 2009
- Undertaker vs. Batista (for the WHC) - Backlash 2007
- JBL vs. Kurt Angle (for the WWE championship) - SD 2005
- Shane McMahon vs. Big Show - Backlash 2001
- Chris Jericho vs. Triple H - Fully Loaded 2000

#20,456 ·
Top 5 LMS matches, anyone? I'll start.

1.) HBK vs. Triple H (for the WHC) - Royal Rumble 2004
2.) John Cena vs. Umaga (for the WWE championship) - Royal Rumble 2007
3.) Shane McMahon vs. Kane - Unforgiven 2003
4.) Chris Jericho vs. Kane - Armageddon 2000
5.) Randy Orton vs. Triple H (for the WWE championship) - No Mercy 2007

Honorable mentions:
- John Cena vs. Edge (for the WWE championship) - Backlash 2009
- Undertaker vs. Batista (for the WHC) - Backlash 2007
- JBL vs. Kurt Angle (for the WWE championship) - SD 2005
- Shane McMahon vs. Big Show - Backlash 2001
- Chris Jericho vs. Triple H - Fully Loaded 2000
Seriously? I remember hating that match every time I've seen it. Maybe a star max for it. 3 and 4 are horrible choices too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.