Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rank Shawn Michaels' Wrestlemania matches

View Single Post

Old 03-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #63 (permalink)
Brock
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer

Brock has made a name for themselvesBrock has made a name for themselvesBrock has made a name for themselvesBrock has made a name for themselvesBrock has made a name for themselvesBrock has made a name for themselvesBrock has made a name for themselvesBrock has made a name for themselvesBrock has made a name for themselvesBrock has made a name for themselvesBrock has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Rank Shawn Michaels' Wrestlemania matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers of Pain View Post
The main reason I rate Shawn as Mr Wrestlemania and not the Undertaker is because of WM9 and that abomination of a match the Deadman had with Giant Gonzalez. Sure some of the other Taker matches were not great either but that one absolutely stank and it will forever tarnish slightly his WM legacy.

For me though both of them are total WM legends for different reasons. Pretty much of all of HBKs matches were excellent and several were 5 star. The Undertaker and the streak is the one constant we can all rely on every year at the big one. And quite often he brings out a match to match the event. (for example the last 4 years) For me however old or crippled he is WM is still not WM without the deadman.
There's the thing, Taker suffered from his gimmick big time early on, the way he was booked, how Vince saw the WWF at that time, he was finally given the opportunity to evolve around 1996 before/when Mankind was born...