Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

493K views 7K replies 464 participants last post by  obby 
#1 · (Edited)
Post anything related to TNA DVDs here. Questions, match ratings, suggestions, news, ect... are all welcomed.

Couple of questions to start things off (since the other threads were closed)

BGLWrestlingGod: Should I get Turning Point 05?

Jack Evans 197: Should I get Destination X 07?

liljayl23: Best TNA PPVs to buy on DVD?

#2 ·
Jack Evans 197 Destination X 07 isn’t really worth picking up I only enjoyed the Christian cage vs. Samoa Joe title match. Just try and download that match

Liljayl23 I think that No surrender 2005 is the best PPV to pick up. It has a good six man tag between the naturals and Lance Hoyt against team Canada, 3 really good X – division matches in Joe/Sabin, Chris Daniels/Petey Williams and Styles/Waltman and a enjoyable dog collar match between Raven and Abyss.

#3 ·
BGLWrestlingGod: Definitely. Joe/AJ is ***** IMO and some others opinions. The Barbed Wire Massacre was crazy as hell along with a surprisingly very good Rhino/Jarrett match.

liljayl23:
I remember the ones you said you had, so

Turning Point 2004
Unbreakable 2005
Turning Point 2005
Sacrifice '07 when it comes out next month.

Thanks for the help POUNCE, I guess I'll just dl CC/Joe.

#4 ·
To Liljayl: The PPVs that stick out in my mind most are Turning Point 2004, which has AMW/XXX Six Sides of Steel which is an unbelievable match as well as DDP v Raven which was a great match too, and Slammiversry 05 which has a great 6-way X-Division spotfest, an enjoyable match between Alex Shelley and Shocker, Joe's debut, an excellent triple threat with Shane, Sabin and Daniels for the X-Title as well as the best KOTM match.

To Jack Evans 187: Destination X wasn't a great show and although the main event was fantastic, I also feel that Elevation X is worth a download too.

#5 ·
I Recommend Destination X 2007: the LAX/3-D match was the best of their series, Senshi/Starr was pretty good, Rhino/Styles was surprisingly good, Steiner/Angle was a dream match, and the main event was fantastic.

Plus, watching Sting/Abyss is like watching a crappy sequel that you still love.

#7 ·
spear64 said:
I've got a question.

I am thinking about buying a TNA DVD.So if i were to buy any TNA PPV DVD from this year which one would you recommend me to buy?

I heard the best PPV's this year were Final Resolution, Destination X, Slammiversary, and Sacrifice.
Wait until Sacrifice comes out next month and get that.

#16 ·
Just finished watching Destination X 2007...I recommend to anyone looking for some great entertainment. I've said this a million times before, but to me, this is TNA's version of The Great American Bash 2000: it's full of gimmick matches ranging from fitting to stupid, but somehow the whole show is entertaining. Full review:

Latin American Xchange vs. Team 3-D - Ghetto Brawl
Surprisingly entertaining opener. Their first match was stilted, the "Little Italy" fight was hampered by a truly ridiculous set, and the electrified cage match was atrocious. But this was a good old fashioned brawl: through the crowd, lots of weapons, good interference, and all-around good action. My only two complains were that 1) this was yet another non-title match on ppv, which to me defeats the purpose 2)the feud continued after this despite LAX winning like 4 matches in a row.

Petey Williams & Gail Kim vs. James Storm & Jackie Moore - Bullrope match
On paper, it sounds stupid, and when they're brawling, it is. But I have to admit it, as a short bullrope match between Williams and Storm, it's alright. Not great, but alright.

**1/4

Austin Starr vs. Senshi
Good x division match, but the "crossface chickenwing submission" stip is just ridiculous, and Backlund's involvment hampers it. This would have been better as a straight forward x division match, nothing else.

**1/2

VKM vs. The Heart-Breakers
What were you expecting. Whether they're VKM or The James Gang, they're not good. BG is always gold on the mic, but watching him and Kip wrestle for almost 10 minutes, all for the purpose of moving forward this amazing stupid and offensive storyline just kills it.

X Division Champion Chris Sabin vs. Jerry Lynn - 2/3 Falls match
The match itselt was good, but if most x title matches are 11-14 mins long, then why would the same goe for a 2/3 falls match. This one was good, but it felt rushed. 20 minutes in total and it might have been a masterpiece.

**3/4

*1/2

Rhino vs A.J. Styles - Elevation X match
This one has certainly grown on. Surprisingly suspensful, never boring, and reasonably good action. Of course, TNA would have been better off just letting these two wrestle straight matches, but this was fitting finale.

Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner
Not a "dream" match, per se, but a nice "what if." It happened, it was alright, and I enjoyed it. Nothing special, nothing terrible. There was only so much these two could do, and they did it.

**1/2

Abyss vs. Sting - Last Rites match
I love casket matches, I love the fact that TNA tried to give their own spin, and I thought the video before the match was great, but I really never liked this match. They pulled out chairs, hit each other, and the spots were weak, at best. Aside from Sting getting busted open with the "candlebra" and the chokeslam onto the casket, this was nothing special. The "set" looked ridiculous, too, with the plastic candles that wobbled during the attempted superplex, the tombstones, and the change of lighting. Still, entertaining...would have been better on TV.

NWA Heavyweight Champion Christian Cage vs. Samoa Joe
Not quite the MOTYC that everyone was saying, but the last few minutes were INTENSE. The ending f*cked with everyone so bad, I think that's why I liked it.

***1/2

Overall: ***1/2

#18 ·
As much as I loved to hate the ending, Joe winning the title would have given it that "special" something.

#19 ·
BGLWrestlingGod said:
As much as I loved to hate the ending, Joe winning the title would have given it that "special" something.
I guess. I still thought the ending was pretty good considering what they were trying to accomplish with it. I still thought the match was ****1/4 and the consensus seems to be around ****, which is why you're rating seems so low, Christian winning or not.

#20 ·
Just watched TNA Final Resolution 2006... I have had the DVD for awhile and have watched it many times howvever I hate rating matches because I always get bashed on for it but here it goes anyways.

Team Canada vs Lance Hoyt, Kenny King, and Jay Lethal
It was a decent pre-show match but with King and Lethal being jobbers at the time it was obvious that Canada was gonna win and that always ruins a match for me. *1/2

Konnan and Homicide vs The Naturals
This match just flat out sucked. It could have been such an awesome match but since Apolo was unable to make it due to travel complications and Konnan was not really able to wrestle at all it was basically Homicide vs The Naturals so I am gonna give this match 1/2*

Generation NeXt vs Chris Sabin, Matt Bentley, and Sonjay Dutt
This was an awesome opeing X division bout. Lots of action and lots of near falls but with the roll up ending. I always hate Roll up endings to great matches but still ***

Diamonds in the Rough vs James Gang
Decent match that could have and should have been much worse. **

Tanahashi vs AJ Styles
This was another great X division match but Shannon Moore interference brought it down a bit. ***

Ron Killings vs Bobby Roode
Another decent match that had Scott D'Amore and Konnan distractions that could have been much better. **

Raven vs Sean Waltman-Raven's Rules
This was a good hardcore match however with the screwjob implication on Raven that again brought the match down. **1/2

Rhino vs Abyss-Hardcore Rules
This was a good hardcore bout as well but James Mitchell interference brought it down. ***

Team 3D vs AMW-Tag Team Title Match
This was a great match in my opinion but the ending to this match was just horrendous. The rating I give it will seem low but I go with ** anyways.

Christopher Daniels vs Samoa Joe-X title match
This match was just awesome. I loved this match and the concussion storyline was very well done. ****

Monty Brown and Jeff Jarrett vs Christian Cage and Sting
This match was a great return bout for Sting and could have stunk up the place if Sting had ring rust. The storyline was followed very well. ***1/2

#22 ·
AMPLine4Life said:
I guess. I still thought the ending was pretty good considering what they were trying to accomplish with it. I still thought the match was ****1/4 and the consensus seems to be around ****, which is why you're rating seems so low, Christian winning or not.
I'll be the first to admit that I'm a very...um...I don't want to say "harsh" critic, but I set the bar pretty high for myself. As a wrestling fan, I've only given a couple of matches *****, and I'm usually pretty sparing with the **** stars and anything in between. Christian/Joe was a good match, I guess my biggest complaints are that I'm not a fan of the Jarrett brawling, which Joe and Christian did not really need to do (they have the talent to have an actual match), and I'm also not a huge fan of Christian as a main-eventer. I know it creates the question of "how does that affect the match," but there's something about the "feel" between Joe vs. Christian, and say, Brock Lesnar vs. Eddie Guerrero, which is what this match came close to reminding me of.

#23 ·
To liljayl23, i think the best series of ppvs TNA has put on is the second half of 05: No surrender, Sacrifice, Unbreakable(My favorite), Bound for Glory, Genesis and Turning Point(My 2nd favorite), also Lockdown 06 and Turning Point 04 were really good shows

#25 ·
FallenAngel88 said:
Can someone give me a TNA Sacrifice 2007 Review and does anyone know if it is going to come out on DVD at Best Buy.
Quick star ratings:

-Sabin vs. Lethal vs. Dutt: ***1/4
-Roode vs. Jarrett: ***
-Daniels vs. Rhino: **1/2
-Kip vs. Bashams: *
-Harris vs. Storm: ****1/2
-Shelley vs. Tiger Mask vs. Lynn vs. Senshi: **3/4
-3D vs. LAX vs. Steiner/Tomko: **1/2
-Joe vs. Styles: ***1/2
-Sting vs. Angle vs. Christian: ***

I checked bestbuy.com and it didn't have it listed so who knows. Might be one of those online exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.