Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Movie Discussion Part II (part III coming soon)

View Single Post

Old 02-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #3171 (permalink)
Hollywood Hanoi
Tangled Up In Purple

Hollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselvesHollywood Hanoi is making a name for themselves
Default Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

I did a just Nam list awhile ago

Quote:
Nam was a perfect canvas for the new school of 70s and 80s directors to get political themes across, it was also the rock n roll war, when I hear the word Vietnam I instantly picture lush jungles being turned into a carpet of napalm to the sweets sounds of Jimi Hendrix, Motown and the End by the Doors. all these movies have great soundtracks. So Im thinkin...

Essentials, top tier - Full Metal Jacket, Deer Hunter, Apocalypse Now

also great - Platoon, Killing Fields

flawed but worth a look - Casualties of War, Heaven and Earth, Tigerland, Born on 4th july

and then a bonus 'coming home' from war few - First Blood, Coming Home, Jacobs Ladder

Ive never seen Hamburger Hill or We Were Soldiers and cant think of any others
one of these days I might get around to a complete WAR movie megapost, can think of a few from most conflicts.