Wrestling Forum banner

British Wrestling Thread

215K views 2K replies 256 participants last post by  orited 
#1 ·
It's about time we had one on here. A place where we can discuss all things British wrestling, the shows, the companies, the workers, etc.

I'll kick us off, just got back from Preston City Wrestling's Festive Fury and was expecting an average show and have to say it was fantastic. It really delivered (even though there were last minute cancellations.)

So, I was wondering was anybody else at this show? Seen the company before or just thoughts on people's favourite British promotions and any recommendations for the future?

#1,251 · (Edited)
The card for this years Rev Pro Summer Sizzler is looking increasingly good as the weeks roll on.

Sabre Jr Vs Shibata, Scurll Vs Speedball, Ospreay Vs Dunne, Sydal Vs Damo, Ishii Vs Bodom. Moose.

Ospreay has been confirmed for the event!

Reactions: dezpool
#1,265 ·
Really hoping Vader just comes and clobbers the shit out of Ospreay. That would probably be more entertaining than any other version of the match. :lol

Rev Pro booking all these legends/free agents in matches you won't be able to see anywhere else really opens the doors for virtually ANY match to happen. Would be cool if they were able to book someone like Mysterio or Ibushi.

#1,310 · (Edited)
So I just watched Rev Pro High Stakes on Rev Pro on demand, wow; what a show. Sabre jr. vs Skurll was a really great wrestling match; Dunne vs Yoshi Hashi was fun; and Riddle vs Shibata was epic. You guys have to see this show. The sub to Rev Pro on demand is 100% worth it, so many great shows on there.

Riddle has so much potential it's unreal, and when you consider how incredibly good he already is; and at less than 2 years in the business-you can't help but think this guy will be something really special before his career is over. He's fairly young, he's got the look, the ability, the potential, the charisma, the likeability and he's a legit tough guy due to his UFC background. He reminds me a little of a smaller Kerry Von Erich, and that ain't a bad thing.

Matt Riddle's got everything a wrestler needs to be extremely successful on every level of the business. Vince McMahon would love him, smart fans are already starting to love him, casuals would love him; Keep an eye on this guy: he's a future world champ if his career goes the way it should.

Reactions: Corey
#1,312 ·
Yeah Riddle is gonna be a star no doubt. Guys that can make that jump from amateur or MMA into pro wrestling so quickly have always done really well in their careers, whether it's Angle, Lesnar, Chad Gable, Haas & Benjamin, etc. He's got that it factor.

----------------

Kurt Angle has been pulled from the Five Star Wrestling show this Saturday, so let the Rumble speculation begin... or continue. :p

#1,313 ·
True.

#1,347 ·
Don't wanna spoil anyone that hasn't watched the Anniversary Show yet, so

Just came to the realization that this main event is now gonna be for the British Heavyweight Championship:

David Starr vs. Bubblegum (RPW Live at the Cockpit 14) *** 1/2

Dave Mastiff vs. Jeff Cobb
(RPW Live at the Cockpit 14) *** 1/4

Could've been something special with more time and more awesome spots with Cobb lifting Dave into monster suplexes. Still a good hossfest though.

Pete Dunne vs. Ryan Smile (RPW Live at the Cockpit 14) ** 3/4

This was going according to plan for a while with Dunne being his usual dickhead self, but then it took a turn and got way too indyriffic. Dunne no-sold a Canadian destroyer and that's absolutely not cool. Then we got kickouts at 1 and yeah I wasn't feelin it. These two had a much better match in OTT.

Timothy Thatcher vs. Matt Riddle (RPW Live at the Cockpit 14) ** 3/4

A lot of Thatcher's matches just really don't click with me and this was another one. I just don't really care for his style and I'll likely not be able to remember anything from this match a week from now. :lol

#1,390 ·
Wow, that's big; can't wait to catch that on demand.

#1,430 ·
Some of you guys may have been aware of this already and I don't really follow Lucha Forever at all, but they have a handful of free shows to watch on their on demand site: https://luchaforever.pivotshare.com/categories/free-events/9422/media

Lucha Live 5 (Haskins vs. Bate, Banks vs. Bubblegum)
All Rise (CCK vs. Swords of Essex & a 3-Way Ladder Match between Banks, Haskins, & Strickland)
Lucha Live 3 (Banks vs. Haskins, Ospreay vs. Flash Morgan Webster)
Lucha Live 1 (CCK vs. Evans & Angelico)

Definitely wanna check out that ladder match sometime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.