Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Has the Rock's return tarnished or "bettered" his legacy for you?

View Single Post

Old 02-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #97 (permalink)
#BadNewsSanta
Ho!

#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading
Default Re: Has the Rock's return tarnished or "bettered" his legacy for you?

It certainly hasn't tarnished his legacy, but what it has done is exposed me to the fact Rock would be just like any other corny-ass babyface if he had the PG limitation on him like everyone today does. I mean, his jokes and promos have been lackluster since returning 2 years ago, and that's with who he is now and the stuff he can get away with. If 1998 Rock came up in 2011, you wouldn't get the cool, serious Rock who happened to be funny... and that's just it. When Rock delivered lines back in 1998, while it was intended to be funny, the way he delivered them were serious and that's what made them not just "haha" funny but "lmao" funny. How he would say it, rarely smiling with his sunglasses on, it was all cool.

Don't get me wrong, in 2002 when he was more like The Rock we see now, he was still hilarious, but there still wasn't any PG limitation and he could run-off his opponents in a hilarious way like tomorrow without resorting to stuff like "twinkie-tits". But anyway, if Rock of 1998 had to come up in 2011... well, it would've never happened. He would've started out as a heel as he did, but extremely toned down. If he got massively over, rather than slowly transitioning him from The Rock we saw in 1998 to The Rock we saw in 2002, it would've happened right with the heel/face turn, but it wouldn't stop there. Shortly after the face turn, Rock would be slapping hands with fans, smiling all the time... he would've been like he was when he first debuted. He wouldn't have the freedoms he has now, and he wouldn't be anywhere near as popular as he is today. He would've been regarded just as corny as Cena, Sheamus, and every other top face and we would never see The Rock rise to his potential.

So anyway, Rock's return hasn't tarnished his legacy, but it makes me think he wouldn't have done much better in this era, especially when it's an era where no man is allowed to pass Cena, and Vince would do everything in his power to make sure Rock never passes Cena (kinda like what some are saying they're trying to do now, only now it's far too late).

#BadNewsSanta is online now   Reply With Quote