Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Malik Omari?

Thread: Malik Omari?
View Single Post

Old 02-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gareth Mallroy
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Gareth Mallroy 101 - 250Gareth Mallroy 101 - 250
Default Re: Malik Omari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada_Taro View Post
His profile is horrible ... mandika warrior and common stereotypes about violent Africa (light racism).

Mandinka people (outside the castes made of nobles, griots, blacksmiths or shoemakers) are mainly rural subsistence farmers or merchants. They are probably the most peaceful ethnicity in the region, even if they are muslims. They aren't a fighting tribe at all.

Malik Omari is a bad name. Malik means king in arabian and Omari is of Swahili origin (East Africa). The meaning of Omari is "God the highest". His name is everything except mandinka. I could give you a lot of real mandika names and I am not even mandika or african.

Gambia was the only country in the region that hadn't any real independance or civil wars ...

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandinka_people
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gambia

Senegalese wrestlers and the Serer people in Gambia and Senegal would have been a far better and more logical choice for an african gimmick from this region. WWE and gimmicks ...
Good to have someone with some knowledge on this. I too find this gimmick rather pathetic and unoriginal. Sure, the guy looks different, but I've never heard of him either. He could be the next Michael Tarver or Gavin Reid. I could see a storyline with Leo Kruger working out, but I doubt this guy will make it that far.

Is Troy McClain the one Cena scouted from Rikishi's school? Seems to have some athletic credentials, which certainly help, and he's got a decent build.