Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#18,921 · (Edited)
WM 28 is on par with Extreme Rules, great main events but the undercard is poor. Can't rate a show high when half the card is terrible.

Malenko needs to be punched in the face for being the agent/having a large part of putting that Lawler/Cole match together. Should have been 5 minutes of Lawler destroying Cole, then the finish (though it was a shitty finish, feud should have ended here).
Yeah the match shouldve been shorter with Cole not getting a control sequence.
What worse is that they gave us the correct match 2 months later at Over the Limit.

#18,922 ·
That Punk DVD is EPIC, and I need to pick up TLC 2012 today once I'm done with Wrestlemania XXVIII because I haven't even seen it yet :p.

That Best PPV matches DVD though, I'm not sure about that one. The two best PPV matches of the year (John Cena vs BROCK Lesnar, CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan @ OTL) aren't even fucking on it. As a matter of fact, four out of my top five matches of 2012 aren't on the DVD, but two of them are on the Punk DVD anyways so it doesn't matter. Plus you get THE PERFECT STORM, so you should be thrilled to go watch that and come back saying how everybody besides me underrates it.

:brock :jpl .

#18,923 ·
It really just doesn't feel like the Road to Mania at all. February is almost over and absolutely nothing has happened apart from Cena/Punk/Rock scenario and Swagger/Del Rio being announced. What's going on with the midcard? miz vs Cesaro pt 1000 at Mania? Barrett vs Bo Dallas at Mania? Yikes! What about the tag titles? Divas? Speaking of Divas, it's been like 3 weeks since they haven't been on TV. I can never understand how RAW is 3 hours and still no time for Divas.

Mania is literally a one match show this year. I get that there's still almost 2 moths to go but considering that almost 2 months have gone in the year and we're still in the same position we were in at the start of the year, this Mania is just shaping up to be lackluster.

#18,924 ·
Yeah I did, and it goes without saying that it's one of the worst matches I've seen in a while and a definite candidate for Worst Wrestlemania Match Ever. How much you like this show depends on how much you love GAME VS TAKER, and since I'm possibly the biggest fan of that match in this universe it probably makes Mania XXVII better in my eyes.

3 matches from this event made my top 50... It had to be doing SOMETHING right, even though by the end of it I was kinda like "umm........... What the fuck was that ?" :lol .
When I watched it live with my brother at the time, we only really enjoyed HHH/Taker. I haven't watched any of the matches from that show since then, so I may need to watch matches like Punk/Orton and Edge/Del Rio again. I felt those matches were average when I watched them at the time, but little did we know that Edge/Del Rio would be Edge's last match. :(

Just picked up:

Best ppv matches of 2012
Cm punk: best in the world
Tlc 2012

How do you guys feel about them? Some of my friends consider the cm punk DVD to be one of the greatest that wwe has made.
Good purchase. I recently bought Punk's DVD myself. The documentary on CM Punk's DVD is great and is worth purchasing the DVD just for that. I haven't got around to watching any of the matches yet, but there's many great Punk matches on that DVD.

TLC 2012 was a great show, Ryback/Hell No vs The Shield TLC match was my MOTY in 2012, Ziggler/Cena was great too. As a big Ziggler mark, I was very pleased with that match, Ziggler's most significant match in his career and he won it!

#18,925 ·
WAIT WAIT WAIT.... Ziggler goes from beating Cena in the main event of a PPV, to constantly jobbing out to Del Rio on free TV ? WOOOWWWWW WWE.

Man I'm so fucking hyped up for The End of an Era match even though I've already seen it like five times :mark: :mark: :mark:

Strangely excited for Punk-Jericho (that's not strange) and Rock-Cena II (That's more like it). I'm glad this took place before The Rock became The Roid after his comeback this year. Did ANYBODY else notice how huge he has gotten over the past year due to his "bulking up" for Hercules ? HE CAN BARELY MOVE NOW :p !

OH.... Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan.... FUCK YOU.

#18,926 ·
WM 27 and WM 28 are both shit Manias if you ask. I don't care to re-watch either. The last good Mania was 26.

And I'm getting tired of this re-match bullshit the WWE is persistent on doing now. At least the Austin/Rock trilogy had a one year gap in between.

I don't know how anyone can put Extreme Rules 2012 and WM 28 on the same level. Extreme Rules undercard was freaking awesome so too was the upper card and DAT MAIN EVENT.

Extreme Rules is just a top-down excellent PPV. From the opening contest to the main event, everything delivered.

#18,927 ·
It really just doesn't feel like the Road to Mania at all. February is almost over and absolutely nothing has happened apart from Cena/Punk/Rock scenario and Swagger/Del Rio being announced. What's going on with the midcard? miz vs Cesaro pt 1000 at Mania? Barrett vs Bo Dallas at Mania? Yikes! What about the tag titles? Divas? Speaking of Divas, it's been like 3 weeks since they haven't been on TV. I can never understand how RAW is 3 hours and still no time for Divas.

Mania is literally a one match show this year. I get that there's still almost 2 moths to go but considering that almost 2 months have gone in the year and we're still in the same position we were in at the start of the year, this Mania is just shaping up to be lackluster.
Looks like they're making up for the fact that Lesnar and Rock aren't going to be appearing every RAW before WM. For the past 3 years the three biggest matches on the card were confirmed a week after the EC.

#18,928 ·
WAIT WAIT WAIT.... Ziggler goes from beating Cena in the main event of a PPV, to constantly jobbing out to Del Rio on free TV ? WOOOWWWWW WWE.
It seems to be typical booking of Ziggler, he gains some momentum and then loses it. He also went over Orton clean at Survivor Series the PPV prior to TLC, and now he's tapped out to Del Rio like 3 times in 2 weeks, what a way to build up your future World Champion...

OH.... Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan.... FUCK YOU.
When I watched that match with 5 other people in the room at the time, many laughs were had. Didn't see that coming at all, but it was so funny to witness. :lol

#18,930 ·
Dolph is a strange case because he works like a babyface with his ability to take a beatdown and bump all around the place, but his natural charisma just suggests that he's, well.... For the lack of a better term, a "DICK". He's one of the up and coming talents that just screams "STAR", and when it comes to untapped potential I'd put him right there with D-Bry, which is strange because instead of pushing guys like D-Bry and Ziggler they push Del Rio ? Okay ? ... I'm honestly like 90 percent sure that Ziggler walks out of Wrestlemania as the WHC though, so that should be something. I wanna see him in the WWE title picture with the big boys by the end of the year though.

I have Extreme Rules 2012 ranked above like 25 Wrestlemanias. It's seriously one of the greatest PPVs ever.

#18,931 ·
WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 - John Cena, Sheamus & Ryback vs. The Shield

The finishing sequence of that match was phenomenal. The timing by all of the guys involved with it was absolutely perfect. Cena hit his finisher moments before Reigns hit that spear on Ryback and Cena wasn't able to break up the pinfall. The announcers reiterated JBL’s point that The Shield is an awesome team that works so well together to accomplish their goals. That was the perfect way to book the match. It’s a big win for The Shield because they beat three top guys in a decisive manner with a clean finish. The two Heat segments leading to the hit tags was done phenomenally too. ****1/4

#18,932 ·
Have to agree here, ER 2012 was an excellent PPV. I dont remember grading the matches, so:

Santino/Miz- *
Orton/Kane- ***1/2
Clay/Ziggler- **
Cody/Show- *1/4
Bryan/Sheamus- ****1/2
Jericho/Punk- ****
Bella/Layla- DUD
Lesnar/Cena- *****

#18,933 ·
ER 2012:

Santino/Miz- Don't remember
Orton/Kane- ***
Clay/Ziggler- Don't remember
Cody/Show- 3/4*
Bryan/Sheamus- ****1/4
Jericho/Punk- ***3/4
Bella/Layla- DUD
Lesnar/Cena- ****1/4

#18,934 ·
Kane/Orton : *** 1/4
Bryan/Sheamus : **** 1/4
Jericho/Punk : ****
BROCK/Cena : ***** (MOTY)

All that matters from the show. Arguably the best non big four PPV ever.

#18,935 ·
Dolph is a strange case because he works like a babyface with his ability to take a beatdown and bump all around the place, but his natural charisma just suggests that he's, well.... For the lack of a better term, a "DICK". He's one of the up and coming talents that just screams "STAR", and when it comes to untapped potential I'd put him right there with D-Bry, which is strange because instead of pushing guys like D-Bry and Ziggler they push Del Rio ? Okay ? ... I'm honestly like 90 percent sure that Ziggler walks out of Wrestlemania as the WHC though, so that should be something. I wanna see him in the WWE title picture with the big boys by the end of the year though.
A lot of his offense comes across as babyface as well, the dropkicks, the fameasser signature, the super kick, these moves I feel the crowd could really get behind if he was a face. Plus he's been getting face reactions in his matches for a long time, he plays the perfect underdog. Agreed on Ziggler, nice to see someone else appreciate his talents, he's been getting a lot of hate on this forum atm..

And Del Rio's being pushed for the Mexican market, as Mysterio's on his last legs and Sin Cara's a underwhelming letdown, and they need a top face to represent there ever growing Latino market. Del Rio's been more interesting as a face but I still don't really care for him, would much rather see Ziggler in his position.

#18,936 ·
I think the only thing that rivals ER as best non-big 4 PPV ever is Vengeace 2003 -

Eddie/Benoit - ****
WGTT/ReyKidman - *** 1/2
Taker/Cena - ****
Show/Lesnar/Angle - **** 1/2

As well as Gowen/Vince being FUN (albeit being a few minutes too long), a kinda fun bar room brawl, a harmless Noble/Gunn match and a STUPID Sable/Steph match.

#18,940 ·
Why can't we just have a Wrestlemania with actual storylines and not "____ is back! Throw him with _____"? I understand TEH BUYRATZ and that I shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the show if it draws low, but fuck. It's Wrestlemania, this should be where the biggest stories of the year are going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.