Wrestling Forum banner

The WWE has no clue what to do with the WHC and are failing bad.

3K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  Absent SuperTsar 
#1 ·
What is up with the WHC title? It seems like a monkey is writing the smackdown story lines and just pulling names out of a hat to feud for the WHC.

It just shows what a joke the WHC has become. First you have one of the most boring and least over wrestlers in the WWE as the WHC, and the person getting the title shot at Mania is also one of the least over wrestlers on the roster Jack Swagger? It's a joke he even won the EC to begin with, but what about one of the best heels and be wrestlers in the WWE Dolph Ziggler? They treat this guy like a jobber since he won the MITB. Has Ziggler even won a singles match in 2013 yet? And he has the MITB. They should be building him up not making him job to everyone. And to have Jack Swagger in a title match over Ziggler just boggles my mind. Its why the WWE is so terrible right now.

The WWE wonders why no one cares about the WHC, its because you have losers like the big show, Del Rio and Swagger all going for it, when it should be wrestlers like Ziggler, Sheamus and Orton.

#4 ·
Exactly, wouldn't something like Ziggler vs Orton or Sheamus vs Ziggler sound better?

And that is a great point, that is probably why it will never go away. But it does not mean it shouldnt be given to someone good. Del Rio failed when he was the WWE champion, not sure why they think it will be any different as WHC champion, and I still dont get what they see in Swagger, even with his current gimmick. Swagger also flopped when he was WHC, he is at least a midcarder for life.

#3 ·
They should just unify the world titles already. It's been said a thousand times, but it needs to happen soon. The Intercontinental Championship as the #2 title is just fine. Right now that one means nothing as well. The US title looks more important with Cesaro defending it.

#5 ·
And the fact that the US Title is getting far more exposure (The IC Champion - Wade Barrett - wasn't even on the last PPV - and he was only on RAW for like five seconds on Monday), whereas the US Champ Cesaro competed on the PPV and on RAW. I'd assume they'll both get more exposure after 'Mania though. And I agree that they should unify the Heavyweight titles, I could see them doing so at WM30 - but perhaps making the announcement of a unification before that (with the Royal Rumble still being for a spot in the ME of 'Mania - but the match contested for one of the titles, with the other title being on the line in the Chamber, with the winners if those matches facing off in the WM30 ME)....

#6 ·
The angle writes itself, so maybe because Vince loves Rio so much, he decided to just go with it. As for house shows, they could just easily Make the ME Randy Orton vs Ziggler vs Swagger vs Rio for the ME. Pretty sure the crowd will still eat it up. And can someone remind me how house shows were like when Kane vs Swagger headlined back in 2010?

#10 ·
He may be a transational champion from time to time but..
FACT: Edge brought prestige, popularty and actually interest in WHC title when he had it.

#12 ·
I don't think that ADR's reign has been bad but whatever, he and Beeg where implicated so is obvious that the IWC will underrate their feud.
Exactly, wouldn't something like Ziggler vs Orton or Sheamus vs Ziggler sound better?
Those matches have been done enough and Ziggler even as WHC would lose as chicken heel to them, so no, doesn't sound better. Also Orton has two strikes, I don't think, not matter how irrelevant the WHC is for some people, that they will give him again a championship role.
Seriously, at this point I'm wishing that Ziggler cashed already so I can see the second coming of the Messiah as people seems to predicting.

#13 ·
I don't think that ADR's reign has been bad but whatever, he and Beeg where implicated so is obvious that the IWC will underrate their feud.

Those matches have been done enough and Ziggler even as WHC would lose as chicken heel to them, so no, doesn't sound better. Also Orton has two strikes, I don't think, not matter how irrelevant the WHC is for some people, that they will give him again a championship role.
Seriously, at this point I'm wishing that Ziggler cashed already so I can see the second coming of the Messiah as people seems to predicting.
I know Ziggler can have a successful reign if they book it like they did his mid card reigns, but he's seriously on that MITB curse atm. But just as easy as WWE jobs him out, is just as easy as they can turn his cred around. It's crazy that he goes from such a serious feud with Cena to this.

#17 ·
Belts aren't gonna change hands at house shows anyway so it hardly matters if the top title holder is there or not

Sent from my GT-S5830 using VerticalSports.Com App

#18 ·
It would be nice if Swagger, you know, actually mentioned why winning the WHC would be important. If CM Punk showed us anything through his reign, it's that if you treat the title like it's the end all be all, then it will start to seem that way. Nobody acts like winning or holding the WHC matters. Having people give a shit about holding the title might be a good start.

#19 ·
They're just stalling until they have Ziggler cash in at Wrestlemania. Just like how they were doing nothing but stalling with the WWE title until The Rock won it.

Relax. Look at the big picture. At least this is temporary, and isn't going to last for a full year+

#24 ·
This

I think Del Rio will defeat the heel Swagger, only to have Dolph cash in. I like both Del Rio and Swagger, and ADR is getting some great pops, but this match doesn't reek of WM... Unless there is a cash in... Ziggler to provide a WM moment by becoming Champ ...

#23 ·
WHC is the smackdown championship, smackdown doesn't matter AT ALL

#26 ·
How about unify the belts so we can be done with this non sense. *sigh* We all know the WHC is just gonna open WM again... it's basically the real IC/US Title can we all agree. If your in the WHC picture your a MID CARDER. ADR vs Swagger is the WHC Title match at WRESTLEMANIA.. I rest my case

#27 ·
The crowd reaction may not be electric, but this feud will have a new dimension, that is the 'naturalised' babyface immigrant vs. the racist heel. Swagger and Del Rio are good in the ring too so the matches will be good, and when Ziggler eventually cashes in it will hopefully lead to a triple threat. I'm sure all that will be better than last years main event scene: Sheamus vs. Del Rio in a crappy feud for 3 PPVs in a row.
fpalm

#29 ·
Yeah it's pretty sad that the state of the WHC is a mess right now. It has always been my favorite title of them all, even going back to the WCW days. Something needs to happen and soon. Either get somebody with credibility to hold the belt, or unify it with the WWE championship, and bring back the "Undisputed Champion" bit. It really makes no sense why there's 2 world titles, and 2 midcard belts when everyone goes back and forth between Raw and Smackdown. The brand extension is a joke.

Officially announce the extension is over once and for all, unify the belts, and go from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.