Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennis Discussion Thread

245K views 7K replies 141 participants last post by  Nige™ 
#1 ·

Hot off the heels of an amazing French Open, the men and women now turn to the grass courts of Wimbledon. Can Rafa continue with his momentum, or can Novak wrestle it back? Can Federer rise up and collect another slam? Can Murray get a breakthrough slam in front of his home crowd? Will there be a darkhorse shocker like Tomic :side: to come through and take the world by storm?

I'm thoroughly looking forward to this event, it's my favourite slam and I'm really hoping to see some great tennis on display. As far as the ladies go, you'd have to think Sharapova, Kvitova, Serena, Azarenka etc will all be in the mix, Stosur a slight chance provided she doesn't choke it up in monumental fashion, and well, who knows with the women, Wozniacki might even break through and break her duck.

June 25th, can't come soon enough.

See less See more
#5,883 ·
I find it amazing that Ferrer has suddenly found himself at number three in the world right now. It's strange to think about because you now look at the rankings and see a huge gap between number one and two and number four and five. I'm sure it won't last long as Nadal's quite quickly going to catch up having nothing to defend this year now (even though he managed to lose more points from Wimbledon...)

US Open is going to be really interesting. I think the obvious favourites are Djokovic and Murray, Nadal hasn't had much match practise on hard court so it'll be interesting to see how he does considering his Wimbledon performance, and Federer is someone who can also bounce back, Del Potro is also slowly coming back to getting close to the very top of the game so he's a big threat too. In order of favourites I think it goes:

Novak Djokovic
Andy Murray
Rafael Nadal
Juan Martin Del Potro
Roger Federer

...Tomas Berdych and Tsonga maybe. Ferrer is number three but has zero chance of actually winning.

On the women's side...nice to see Robson move to 27 in the world, new career high for her, hopefully it can keep getting better :) and Williams to be is still 100% the favourite to take the US Open.

#5,885 ·
Ferrer & Monaco are the main vultures.

Thats a tough one. Theres probs some really good players who were a part of a different generation/era who didn't win a slam that we haven't heard much about

#5,904 ·
We don't know if it's is even gonna help him or not, but its worth a try, especially in these small tournaments. It's obviously gonna take him some time adjust with the new racket, I'm looking forward to today's match, want to see how he is doing with that new racket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.