Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. John Cena Thread: Greatness vs. Redemption, TWICE IN A LIFETIME

View Single Post

Old 02-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #145 (permalink)
Elijah89
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000Elijah89 501 - 1000
Default Re: I'll Be Honest I Think Vince Is Gonna Let The Rock Go Over Cena Again At WM29.

[quote=GillbergReturns;14121634]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah89 View Post

I didn't say I wouldn't want to see Taker lose at Mania. Yeah it would be cool to see but so would Taker v Lesnar, Rock, or even Sting. I can live with either. I think it's cute though that you think that I'm marking out when it's clear that you're just a big Cena mark not that there's anything wrong with that. Replace Cena with Punk and you're gonna sing a different tune.

I think you drastically overrate how much of a rub Cena will get from his heel victory over Taker too. No question about it would be one of the biggest moments in WWE history but so was Austin's heel turn and that led to a heaping pile of nothing. Conversely Hogan turned in a tag match that he wasn't in and it's the greatest heel turn in wrestling history. How they market Cena will decide the impact of his heel turn.
Taker vs Lesnar= Predictable outcome. Taker vs Rock= Predictable outcome. Taker vs Sting= Predictable outcome and way too late. As far as CM Punk goes, yeah I would sing a different tune. You guys are putting Punk at a level that he has yet or will never reach. The buzz from a CM Punk victory over The Undertaker will die out quicker than a summer full of worked shoots.

Yeah, I am a big Cena mark (lol). But honest to God, I just don't see anyone else being a legit threat to Taker at this point. I could be wrong though, I am not that biased.

And yeah you are probably right, there are other ways for Cena to turn.

I could be wrong again, but I think Austin's turn failed due to the fact that his run did not last as long as Hogan's or Cena's. He also did not play the same character that Hogan and Cena did as well. Superman (and maybe Captain America) turning into a villain would be bigger than Batman or Spiderman doing the same. I think I'm saying it right.
Elijah89 is offline   Reply With Quote