Wrestling Forum banner

Wrestler who you were shocked didn't make based on ability

4K views 38 replies 33 participants last post by  hardysno1fan 
#1 ·
PAUL BURCHILL was the man. He had a good look and he was awesome in the ring. I'm amazed the WWE dropped the ball on him and more so that TNA never signed the guy.

#35 ·
MVP is the first one that comes to mind. It just makes no sense. His build-up was PERFECT, he was over as all fuck, he had an incredible U.S. title run, and he was 110% ready to be a main eventer... So what the fuck happened?

William Regal (I'll admit, he did ruin his own push back in... 2008, was it? But really, imo I think he should've had a chance long before that. Sublime in the ring, yet unlike a lot of technical masters, he was charismatic as FUCK, and was a pro on the mic. Such a shame, man.)

Taz (Apparently, Vince doesn't understand this either. He's said since Taz's semi-retirement that he was a huge fan of Taz's work, and regrets making him do the job to Triple H when he was ECW champion.)

Raven (Alright alright, this one I can understand. But the man was amazing goddammit.)

Christian (Granted, he got two WHC reigns, and there are people that think he isn't WWE champ material... But just listen to the reactions he got back in 2005. It's absolutely ridiculous how over he was.)

These are the only cases that really baffle me. I can understand why guys like Mr. Kennedy (injury-prone) and Carlito (reportedly never gave much of a fuck) didn't make it.

#37 ·
MVP, Carlito, Kennedy (if healthy), Regal, O'Haire (could have replaced Batista in Evolution in Dave's IR/PUP 2003), Mordechai (?), Billy Gunn (Ziggler with better mic skills), Nick Dinsmore ( played Eugene), & Hassan...

Would love to see how big of a star Lashley would be by now.

I am also a huge fan of Monty Brown (Cor Von).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.