Wrestling Forum banner

Why did they build up Tatanka and then bury him.

12K views 38 replies 29 participants last post by  The A 
#1 ·
Just wondering. They brought him in and gave him an almost 2 year undefeated streak, put him in fueds against HBK and Martel, had him beat both several times, and then they burried him. People loved Tatanka and he wrestled better than most of the jacked up buff guys at the time so I don't understand it. He was already one of the most popular guys and just needed one IC reign and he could have been a star.

#34 ·
They did wrong with the way they handled it then. They turned him heel too fast and didn't give time for the Lex Lugar/tatanka team to get noticed before the turn. This was in the day heel or face turns took a while. After that, they seemed to let him do....nothing at all.

#36 ·
I get that people enjoy their own success and all but I don't get why people can be such fucking assholes and not help someone out a little. It's not like HBK was still up and coming, he was a big star at the time. It shouldn't have been an issue at all but I guess when you get big, your ego gets bigger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.