Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

View Single Post

Old 02-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #5284 (permalink)
Melisandre of Asshai
R'hllor, The Lord of Light

Melisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth reading
Default Re: Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Decided to watch a few past puro matches. Won't be giving full reviews, just some quick thooughts.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Shinsuke Nakamura (NJPW 2/15/2009): **** 1/2

Awesome match. Makes me even more of a fan of Nakamura's and makes me appreciate Tanahashi as well. I'm starting to notice Tanahashi has a bit of a formula to his matches but that doesn't hinder how excellent this match was.

Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi (AJPW 1/20/1997: *****

As far as puroresu in the 90's is concerned I'm a complete noob so I went ahead and watched Misawa vs Kobashi from early 97'. Without going into too much detail and saying stuff that has probably already been said this is an absolute classic match. Simply amazing from beginning to end. The psychology and storytelling behind this was first class, Kobashi's selling is superb and some of Misawa's spots were insane. The finish was done absolutely perfectly and might be one of the best endings to a match I've ever seen. I'm so glad I took the time to watch this. I am definitely going to watch more of their matches together in future.

KENTA vs Bryan Danielson (NOAH 2/12/2006: **** 1/4

Decided to watch this because of how much I loved their match at ROH's Glory By Honor V Night 2. Whilst this wasn't as good as that match it was definitely an excellent match. Danielson's working here was superb as usual and KENTA sold well throughout the match. Very good pacing throughout and the ending 5-6 minute sequence was awesome.

Lord of Light, Come to us in our darkness.
Melisandre of Asshai is offline   Reply With Quote