Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#8,380 · (Edited)
I think ya'll need to chill the fukk out.

He's probably not going to retire or anything like that.

Look at Nique in 93 and Hardaway in Miami, they had CAREER YEARS after an ACL tear.

Kobe is a guy who thrives on motivation and loves proving everybody wrong. He's going to come back harder than ever imo especially with all the modern day resources that's going to help improve his recovery and recovery period. I'm not saying he's going to have a career year or anything ridiculous like that but I wouldn't question his heart and will power. His desire will be there and his skill level is high enough to overcome any regression in his explosion and athleticism.

EDIT: That video was hard to watch. SadBe :(. I still lol'd at his response to the last question.

#8,441 ·
They didn't have the mileage on their body that Kobe has on his right now. Kobe is pretty much the equivalent of a 40-year-old at this stage of his career. He continues to go out there every night and want to play 45 minutes or so, it was a matter of time before his body said it had enough.

If this injury took place about 5 years ago, I'd say Kobe comes back as good as ever. Plus, he had also said he was planning on walking away after next season when his contract expired. I see him coming back, but he won't be the same player he was.

#8,383 ·
:kobe

He'll come back bro regardless of the state of the franchise just to ensure and let people know he can still ball at a high level. He'll do it to prove the haters wrong. That hate and criticism fuels Kobe's motivation and desire. You underestimate how much of a "fukk you" mentality he has. He's going to have a shit ton of people questioning him now (more than ever) and he lives of this kind of stuff.

#8,387 ·
I dont want to see a Kobe out there that isn't capable of averaging 20+ points, actually I don't want to see him out there if he can't average 25+ points. Like I said, he isn't Kobe then he shouldn't come back. So many athletes overstay their welcome, don't leave when they should, come back when they shouldn't, even Jordan falls under this criteria.

#8,393 ·
This is such BS! All the training and sacrifice just flew out the window with one step that I've done millions of times! The frustration is unbearable. The anger is rage. Why the hell did this happen ?!? Makes no damn sense. Now I'm supposed to come back from this and be the same player Or better at 35?!? How in the world am I supposed to do that??
I have NO CLUE. Do I have the consistent will to overcome this thing? Maybe I should break out the rocking chair and reminisce on the career that
was. Maybe this is how my book
ends. Maybe Father Time has defeated me...Then again maybe not! It's 3:30am, my foot feels like dead weight, my head is spinning from the pain meds and I'm wide awake. Forgive my Venting but what's the purpose of social media if I won't bring it to you Real No Image?? Feels good to vent, let it out. To feel as if THIS is the WORST thing EVER! Because After ALL the venting, a real perspective sets in. There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever.
One day, the beginning of a new career journey will commence. Today is NOT that day.
"If you see me in a fight with a bear, prey for the bear". Ive always loved that quote. Thats "mamba mentality" we don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer.
I know it's a long post but I'm Facebook Venting LOL. Maybe now I can actually get some sleep and be excited for surgery tomorrow. First step of a new challenge.
Guess I will be Coach Vino the rest of this season. I have faith in my teammates. They will come thru.
Thank you for all your prayers and support. Much Love Always.
Mamba Out
MAMBA PRIDE <3 :kobe :kobe :kobe :kobe :kobe :kobe :kobe :kobe

#8,394 · (Edited)
Magic why in the hell would I say Kobe deserved that injury? I've said on multiple occasions that I actually like Kobe, I just hate his dickriding fanboys.. And I would never wish an injury on a player, unless he intentionally injured another player.

Torn Achilles is a really bad injury. That's what Chauncey Billups had last season that kept him out for so long. Same injury Paul Pierce had in 2011 that kept him out for like 7 months. Also same injury that ended Shaq's career.

I would really hate to see Kobe's career end like this. I don't even wanna watch the video. I wouldn't say Kobe's career is over though, I just don't see Kobe of all people going out like this. But he's definitely out for the rest of season and maybe some of next season.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#8,414 ·
Magic why in the hell would I say Kobe deserved that injury? I've said on multiple occasions that I actually like Kobe, I just hate his dickriding fanboys.. And I would never wish an injury on a player, unless he intentionally injured another player.
oh so you didn't say you wished Kobe tore his ACL last year after Rubio tore his? I just imagined that? ***** please.

#8,397 · (Edited)
I don't think Laker fans should give up on making the playoffs just yet. If Nash returns, there's a good chance that they'll play better as a TEAM without Kobe. Emphasis on "As a TEAM." Nash running the show like he did in Phoenix without having to defer to Kobe with Pau and Dwight working the inside-out game.

But it'll be tough regardless. Their last two are at home against the Spurs and Rockets. Two of the premier offensive teams in the league, and it's well-known that the Lakers are an atrocious defensive team. While the Jazz's last two are one at Minnesota and then playing Memphis at home. Which isn't easy either considering the Jazz are a terrible road team and Memphis is much, much better than the Jazz.

With two games left for each team and the Lakers having a one game lead, in order for the Jazz to make the playoffs they have to finish with a better record than the Lakers. So if the Lakers go 2-0 in their last 2, the Jazz are done. If the Lakers go 1-1, then the Jazz must go 2-0. If the Lakers go 0-2 then the Jazz have to go at worst 1-1. Let's not forget that if the Lakers miss the playoffs, the Suns will get their lottery pick. Shall be interesting.

#8,399 ·
I don't think Laker fans should give up on making the playoffs just yet. If Nash returns, there's a good chance that they'll play better as a TEAM without Kobe. Emphasis on "As a TEAM." Nash running the show like he did in Phoenix without having to defer to Kobe with Pau and Dwight working the inside-out game.
^^^THIS.

This is what I want to see. Two of the premier big men in the league... some solid role players in Meeks, MWP, Clark, Blake and Jamison... with one of the greatest pure PGs to ever play the game running the show. That's a very different looking team without Kobe hogging the ball. Now, it may not work (it's not like they'll have time to build chemistry) but I am excited to see if they can make the pieces fit.

That is... if Nash is ready to go. Without him, they are probably done for the season. With him... just gotta get in and who knows what happens next.

#8,410 ·
Lottery teams that need a point guard: Dallas, Detroit and Orlando. Then you have Sacramento, whereas Isaiah Thomas is a solid starter but I'm sure they wouldn't mind drafting another point guard.

Burke in Detroit would be nasty though. Burke/Monroe/Drummond :mark:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.