Wrestling Forum banner

Guys you would bring to TNA

11K views 169 replies 76 participants last post by  nevereveragainu 
#1 ·
What are some wrestlers/divas you would bring TNA?
They can be from WWE, ROH, and the indys.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#62 · (Edited)
Steen could be a great main-event heel and Ray's not going to be around for a while, so he could fill inhis shoes
American Wolves would be a nice technical tag team that can make runs in the X-Division, with Davey possibly getting a Benoit push to the top.
Jacobs if used right could be TNA's resident dark character and become the modern day Raven
Roderick Strong could again be great for the X-Division, and would add in a nice heel character.
Maria is useless unless she's coming with Bennett
Colt Cabana could take over as head of comedy allowing Eric Young to go back to his 2009 gimmick.
Briscoes & WGTT would contribute to the tag division and add great characters for TNA's TV-14 rating.

Honestly I want them to bring back Sheik Abdul Bashir. Years of being around Muhammad Hassan helped him prove as a wrestler. Guy is a typical Anti-American heel but the guy is actually true and passionate about what he says. Interview between him and Mike Tenay was gold.

#63 ·
I'll be practical.

Swagger, McIntyre, Gabriel and Kidd, Hawkins and Kassius Ohno. I think TNA could use some of these guys, and Gabriel and Kidd would be a great addition to the tag division or to a lesser degree, the X-Division.

Hawkins I don't think will ever get his break, which is a shame, because he's a talented guy who can talk.

Swagger and McIntyre are big guys, but the WWE audience won't take them seriously anymore. Maybe using them as member's of the Ace's and 8's would be effective. They are certainly more threatening than Taz and Knox.

Ohno I don't understand the hype on. Don't see him going far with his methodical style in the WWE, so maybe TNA can unleash his indie manoeuvres.

#74 · (Edited)
How are you being practical? All of those guys are under contract with WWE?

Also people complaining about 'divisions' is pretty lame and shows that they miss the point. Especially when talking about the 'tag team division'. I am tired of the mentality that for a tag team to be a tag team they MUST wear the same tights, come out to the same music (custom), and debuted as a tag team. The Outsiders is one of the most legendary tag teams of all time and they were two former WWE SINGLES STARS put together. The New Age Outlawz were two random jobbers that were doing NOTHING, that were put together and it worked. Being single stars and combining forces with someone else has usually panned out pretty well for tag divisions in the past: Kevin Steen and El Generico, LAX (Homicide and Hernandez), London and Kendrick, XXX, Beer Money, and The Motor City machine being a few examples.

Seriously...some people need to realize its not 1979. Who is the last tag team that debuted as a tag team that got over huge? MNM? I can't think of anyone else.

#64 ·
Swagger can easily be brought in as the understudy to Kurt Angle.

Though I don't see how Swagger & McIntyre are both more threatening than Knox. Swagger & McinTyre look like GQ models, while Knox looks like a bar fighter.

#65 ·
Swagger and McIntyre more threatening than Knox? wow

#69 ·
Young Bucks, The Briscoes, and Bray Wyatt and Garrett Dylan for the tag division.

Jack Swagger depending on if WWE wounds up misusing him again. If so, I am more than sure he would be happy to leave. Zack Ryder as I am sure he wants more opportunities. Alex Riley for the same reason.

Matt Hardy and Raven for creative.

In order to compensate, I'd rid the company of Hulk Hogan, Eric Bishoff, Bruce Pritchard, Brooke Hogan, and RVD. Over time I will determine who stays and who goes on day-to-day basis.

#70 ·
So rid the company of Bruce Pritchard, the guuy who's the reason TNA has been good the past year?

#75 ·
Ricochet
Kenny Omega
Kevin Steen
Goldberg
Hiroshi Tanahasi
Michael Elgin
Colt Cabana
Rhett Titus

I gotta say though, looking on wikipedia, ROH's roster is near unreconizeable at this point

#81 ·
I'd like to see Steen in his current gimmick in TNA. I want to watch him destroying wrestlers and crashing the shows
Briscos and Gen Me would be great addition to tag division as well
And Samurai Del Sol is a best choise if they are planing to bring a luchador to their roster

#91 ·
My guess was Jay will be back on TV soon. He won the Gut Check just before they left for the UK and the GC winner likely wasn't in the plans for that tour.

SDS or Octagon Jr, would be the guy they should be all over for the XD. Marketable Latin star.

I'd love Gargano but considering he stayed with Gabe as opposed to heading to the E, means he probably won't be in TNA anytime soon. He could easily fit the Aces or be a star to develop for the future without them. This would be a great coup for TNA if they could pull it off.

Obviously the Bucks would be a good fit for the tag divison as would Kendrick/London and even a makeshift Indy team like Willie Mack/Rich Swann. Considering Eric Young is doing all of nothing they could turn him heel after or as the cause to a split with ODB and pair him with Joey Ryan.

As far as Low Ki, do you have more details on this ? He really could be a great addition to the roster. And if they are looking for tag teams pair him with Joe. Otherwise he can start back in the XD and work his way to the upper card.

#89 ·
Briscoe zeros
Randy Orton
Sheamus

#90 ·
I'm not going to go with anyone under contract to WWE, ROH, CMLL, or New Japan. I'm going strictly unsigned Indy wrestlers for this list.

Athena The Wrestling Goodess-saw her getting hyped up on the net and unlike most of the IWC favorites she actually shows some potential. Would be a great pick up.

Shaun Ricker-Big time look. Solid on the mic. Solid in the ring.

The Kentucky Gentleman Chuck Taylor-I see huge potential in this guy. Kinda reminds me of Randy Orton in a way.

Sulu Afi aka The Sexy Aleki-wrestles as Sulu Afi in WXW for Afa and wrestles as The Sexy Aleki in HCW Hawaii. Not the greatest in the ring yet. But, plays the cocky heel great. Also, has a big time look. He has the potential to be what Sonny Siaki was pushed as when TNA first started.

The Briscoe Brothers-I love the fact that they are controversial and I know the WWE says they aren't cosmetically pleasing but TNA runs a lot of shows in the south and I think with the right country boy gimmick these two could go over well with TNA.

I have a few more that I could add but those would be right at the very top of my list of current unsigned talent.

#95 ·
I really just want to see Brian Cage again.

Hopefully we do when we get back from the UK.

#96 ·
Kevin Steen is a top priority.

Briscoe Brothers and Adam Cole would be the other names in ROH i would love to see in TNA.

MCMG and Gen Me could easily return to rebuild the tag-team division.

For the X, Kenta, Johnny Gargano, Rubix, Low Ki, TJ Perkins, Petey and Samuray del Sol.

Plus, Gut Check participants Tomasso Ciampa, Sami Callihan, Lionheart and Shawn Spears.

For the KO - The Perfect Atlete Shanna.

#97 ·
Sami & Ciampa are too good for Gut Check.

KENTA would be good if they ever wanted to give him the year long X-Division Championship reign.

Problem is, Can he speak English, let alone cut a promo?

#103 ·
MMA's dub style works for jap/bra fighters so why not for wrestlers? you could even use hype videos, with guys like joe talking about how dangerous KENTA's kicks are.

#109 · (Edited)
Doubt any of these will ever happen put here's who I would throw my money at.

-Paul Heyman
-Goldberg
-Batista
-Jim Ross (Not just for commentary but to help run the company)
-Bobby Lashley
-MVP
-Benjamin
-Jim Johnston (TNA's music is unbearable and doesn't have a main-event feel to it)
-Howard Finkel

#110 ·
Hiring Paul Heyman would be HUGE. Not only as mangaer/figurehead but as someone who could legit run the day to day operations of TNA. I completely forgot about him and most importantly IM A PAUL HEYMAN GUY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.