Wrestling Forum banner

Problem with Wrestlemania

2K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  Marv95 
#1 ·
So far, the build up for Wrestlemania has been a little underwhelming to me. It seems like there are MANY people who dislike the direction they're going in... with the potential of a match card full of rematches from recent shows like Summerslam and Wrestlemania 28.

The point of this thread is to get some thoughts on what you feel the WWE SHOULD be doing.

You can argue that The Rock vs. John Cena for the WWE title is the match to go with if they want really strong numbers. Some people suggested throwing Punk in there for a triple threat. Do you think it would be as engrossing as a Rock vs. Cena part II?

Also, Punk vs. Undertaker might not be the best decision either because this means Punk losing two months in a row to The Rock. Who will care then? He's not beating Taker after that.

What will The Shield do? where does this leave them?

Del Rio defending the World Heavyweight Title at the biggest show of the year also underwhelms me. I can't see myself caring about whoever he would face if they indeed go that route.

See less See more
#2 ·
I am failing to see the direction with the WHC.
I can understand them trying to push Del Rio as the main Latino superstar as Rey Mysterio just isn't reliable enough at the min and Sin Cara...... Well, enough said really there. I just can't buy into Del Rio as a champ and the prospect of him being in the title match at Mania really deflates me. They should have gone down the Orton v Sheamus route they was originally looking at. The only saving grace they could do would be to have Ziggler cash in his MITB after the alleged triple threat.

The Rock v Cena storyline is way too predictable, almost to the point of it being boring at the min. I don't see why putting him in a match with The Shield is beneficial for anyone as he isn't gonna loose his last ppv match before Mania, which in turn pretty much squashes the one decent thing the WWE has at the min, in The Shield.

The only way they can build the Punk v Taker match to have us 'believe' that Punk is a serious threat would be to build up his recent title reign to monumental proportions, thus having us think, well he's just had the biggest run in recent history, maybe, just maybe they would consider ending the streak with Punk and that would have his surpass Cena as no1 in the company.

#3 ·
Punk ending the streak would be crazy....but anyway if it is rock vs cena part two, i hope the crowd walks out on it, that would be awesome

#4 ·
I also dislike the projected matches.

Rock - Cena I can live with, though there are better opponents for Rock.

Brock - HHH ... no, no, no. We saw this already. HHH lost fair-and-square at Summerslam. He tapped out. This feud is over. Have Brock fight someone else, anyone else.

CMPunk - Undertaker seems totally random. They don't have any back-story to put these two together at 'Mania. And I don't want to see Punk lose to Undertaker at this point.

As for the other matches, I don't care.

Let Undertaker and HHH sit this one out and prepare for 'Mania 30.

#5 ·
I also dislike the projected matches.

Rock - Cena I can live with, though there are better opponents for Rock.

Brock - HHH ... no, no, no. We saw this already. HHH lost fair-and-square at Summerslam. He tapped out. This feud is over. Have Brock fight someone else, anyone else.

CMPunk - Undertaker seems totally random. They don't have any back-story to put these two together at 'Mania. And I don't want to see Punk lose to Undertaker at this point.
Add in an ADR vs. Orton there with Ziggler interfering as predicted, and the show could possibly be the worst Mania ever!

#7 ·
Taker vs Kane or Rock. Nobody else can really do Taker a good match nowadays.

#19 ·
Ideally I would have had

Rock vs Brock

Punk vs Taker

Cena and Triple H vs The Shield

Bryan vs Jericho

Ziggles vs Del Rio vs Orton

Ryback vs Gillberg

#20 ·
Whatever happend with rey vs. Sin cara? Didn't wwe want to break a live attendance mask record. Also what's the problem with Del Rio walking in to mania as whc.

#21 ·
Honestly, I tried putting a match card together that I think would work even with the "predictable" matches on the card.

Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara

This would be an excellent way to open up the show. A match I'd personally like to see happen at least once. It should be fast paced and perhaps include some innovative spots if it were to happen.

United States Title Match
Antonio Cesaro vs. Christian

And right after a fun opener we'd have what would most likely be a solid title match from two good performers. I can see them giving us a "holy shit" moment as well.

Daniel Bryan vs. Kane

At this point, it only makes sense to go with this. I think it can be a fun match to have on the undercard of the biggest show of the year. Bryan should work the crowd here and deliver a nice match that concludes this rivalry.

No Holds Barred Match
Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H

The match was nothing special at Summerslam, but perhaps with the atmosphere of Wrestlemania and a stipulation, they should tell a great story and possibly give us the memorable match we were expecting the first time they met.

Intercontinental Title Match
Wade Barrett vs. Ryback

A cool down match, not much else. Might as well put a midcard title on Ryback now that he's out of the main event. Shouldn't be longer than ten minutes and just a way to build Ryback back up.

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

Obviously, this would come out of nowhere at this point, as they haven't even hinted at a possible encounter between these two. I guess they can still put on a good Wrestlemania Match.

World Heavyweight Title Match
Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho

After the really good match they had at Summerslam, I say go with this for Mania. The stakes would be higher and it would at least have a lot of build up going into it. A good way to put Ziggler over.

Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust & Booker T

Could be a nice Wrestlemania moment to see Cody and Goldust involved against each other. Why they decided to break up Rhodes Scholars so soon is beyond me.

Streak Match:
Undertaker vs. CM Punk

These two never really got a chance to have a great match with each other. Ten minutes is the most they've ever gotten. I'd trust them both to deliver if given the opportunity.

WWE Championship Match:
The Rock vs. John Cena

Face it, they're probably going with this because it made them the most money in the history of Wrestlemania last year. They've done rematches in the past at Wrestlemania so it isn't shocking. Cena gets his win back to become the champion.

This leaves nothing for Del Rio... so I'm not sure what happens there.

#24 ·
I want the Shield to face 3MB.

#25 ·
Rocky and Cena again is a terrible idea that nobody wants to see. I bet Punk marks will go insane if hes thrown in the match then gets pinned at Mania instead of Rock. I would love for Rocky against Brock, Cena against Punk for the title.

#26 ·
What Wrestlemania should have been if not for Cena screwing everything up:

Rock vs Brock II for the WWE title

The Shield vs Cena, Orton and Sheamus(someone on the face side joins The Shield)

HHH vs Punk(if HHH wins Punk gets no title shot for a year; if Punk wins HHH is gone as COO and replaced by Paul Heyman)

WHC: Big Show(c) vs Ryback

MITB: Cesaro vs Jericho vs ADR vs Christian vs Shelton Benjamin vs Ziggler

Kane vs Danielson

Don't know where that leaves the rest but if those were the matches I'd find a way to watch that without streaming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.