Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #17138 (permalink)
Evan Stays TRIPPY
Still the GOAT

Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I'm definitely going to get to HBK-Angle and love it like I did when I first saw it , I swear to god at one point in my life I thought the HBK-Angle series was the OMFG'Z MOSTEPICTHINGEVA and thinking it was the best match of 2005.... Well that's not true because I always adored Batista-Trips HIAC. Pretty sure the first few times I saw it I had it at **** 3/4 and then it dropped to **** 1/4 and eventually to **** where it currently sits.

Don't get me wrong, I think the match is fucking great, but some of Kurt's nonsense in the match kind of drags it down for me a little bit. It's almost in the same boat as the HBK-Bret IRONMAN when I watched it the other day ; I was a fan (unlike a fucking ton of people, wouldn't make my top 100 or anything or even come close) but it wasn't OMFGEPICZ like some people like to describe it as.

I still have three matches left to watch from WM 14 which for some reason isn't in my Anthology set ; HHH-Owen , Taker-Kane, and HBK-Austin ...... The three matches from the event that I own on DVD, watched all the stuff I don't own online. REALLY loved those three matches on last watch so I can't wait to check this shit out now. If HHH-Mankind from Summerslam 1997 was Hunter's first great BIG match, than this is his first really great Mania match IMO.

"He's not the biggest. He was never the strongest. He was never the fastest. He was overlooked. He went in the sixth round. So with that being said, all of the intangibles that a quarterback is supposed to have, they overlooked it with him because it was burning from inside of him" - Ray Lewis on Tom Brady