Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATE > Knicks

348K views 9K replies 149 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 ·
Season starts tonight!

New season = new thread.

Get your predictions in and what not. Some of you have done that already in the off-season thread.

Tonights predictions:

Wizards at Cavs
Celtics at Heat
Mavs at Lakers

#8,225 ·
Re: ''Danny Ainge needs to shut the fuck up and manage his own team.''

Brandon did I or did I not call VUCEVIC before everyone else? Did I also not continue to support him when GA said that he was just a product of Big Baby's injury. :kobe

and jelly? I must have forgot to add in the part of where all great Magic centers go...:kobe3

#8,230 ·

Waiters and Beal put up similar numbers throughout the entire year. They both average around the same amount of points on around the same shooting percentages, Waiters averages more assists but Beal averages more rebounds, they around average the same amount of steals, blocks and turnovers. And it's been like that pretty much the whole year.

You drafted Lillard in like the 8th round man, would hardly call that a reach. Same with Asik. I would've drafted Asik earlier if I wasn't under the impression that he was gonna drop some more.

Vucevic was fighting for minutes at first, pretty sure him & Ayon were competing for the starting center spot during training camp.

Yeah I began hyping Drummond up shortly after he was drafted. Drummond was terrible in college but after I saw him in the Summer League I knew he would have more success in the NBA which I'm so far right about.

#8,231 ·

Waiters and Beal put up similar numbers throughout the entire year. They both average around the same amount of points on around the same shooting percentages, Waiters averages more assists but Beal averages more rebounds, they around average the same amount of steals, blocks and turnovers. And it's been like that pretty much the whole year.

You drafted Lillard in like the 8th round man, would hardly call that a reach. Same with Asik. I would've drafted Asik earlier if I wasn't under the impression that he was gonna drop some more.

Vucevic was fighting for minutes at first, pretty sure him & Ayon were competing for the starting center spot during training camp.

Yeah I began hyping Drummond up shortly after he was drafted. Drummond was terrible in college but after I saw him in the Summer League I knew he would have more success in the NBA which I'm so far right about.
The point was I was laughed at when I said Waiters should go before Beal as if it was some outrageous thing. Instead I got Waiters in the second last round.

I drafted Lillard in round 7 before a bunch of more proven players. I'm clearly not the only one who knew Lillard was going to be successful, but it was still a reach as he was projected to go much later and his ADP was a lot lower too I believe.

I could have drafted Ayon at the position too, as he was the one being touted as the next big thing for the Magic iirc with Howard gone, but I went with good ol' Vucevic.

I began hyping up Drummond before the draft. COME AT ME. He was a freak athlete with loads of potential.

#8,232 ·

Well let's see...Beal was the 3rd pick of the draft and was generally more highly thought of while Waiters was considered a huge reach at the 4th pick for the Cavs. Is it really shocking that you were laughed at for picking Waiters over Beal? Especially considering how bad and out of shape Waiters looked in the summer league and training camp.

Ok yeah you picked Vucevic over Ayon. But it's not like you called him playing as great as he is now. I know that for a fact considering you dropped him halfway through the season.

Pretty sure it was common knowledge that Drummond was a freak athlete with high potential. But considering how he was disappointing in college, plus you have the comparisons to the previous center to come out of Connecticut in Hasheem Thabeet who was also considered a great athlete with high potential who flamed out in the NBA...there were a lot of skeptics and it was justified for the most part.

#8,233 ·

Well let's see...Beal was the 3rd pick of the draft and was generally more highly thought of while Waiters was considered a huge reach at the 4th pick for the Cavs. Is it really shocking that you were laughed at for picking Waiters over Beal? Especially considering how bad and out of shape Waiters looked in the summer league and training camp.

Ok yeah you picked Vucevic over Ayon. But it's not like you called him playing as great as he is now. I know that for a fact considering you dropped him halfway through the season.

Pretty sure it was common knowledge that Drummond was a freak athlete with high potential. But considering how he was disappointing in college, plus you have the comparisons to the previous center to come out of Connecticut in Hasheem Thabeet who was also considered a great athlete with high potential who flamed out in the NBA...there were a lot of skeptics and it was justified for the most part.
Yeah, and I was right about my analysis. I said Waiters would be given a larger opportunity with the Cavs as they had less depth and they weren't playing for the playoffs like the Wizards so he had a larger margin for error.

I said Vucevic playing amazing was no fluke when he was going HAM early in the season and also said it wasn't just a product of injuries to the Magic's front court. I dropped him for Rose because of some dumb report I believed that Flex posted. lolme, I was retard for that, but that doesn't I mean I didn't think he was great, he was just the worst person on my team, or at least I thought until I realized I still had Patterson on my team.

#8,234 ·

Honestly, who wouldn't have picked up Rose after those return hype videos and all the talk of coming back at the All-Star Break.

#8,235 ·

A significant factor to Beal struggling like he did off the gate was John Wall being injured. And I think theory is backed up by the fact that his numbers, especially shooting numbers shot up significantly after the return of Wall.

As far as Vucevic goes, he didn't really start put up numbers like he is now until like December but once again. Not many people, including you, predicted Vucevic would have played as well as he has now. Just because you felt Vucevic putting up those numbers after the fact wasn't a fluke doesn't change that.

Changing the topic...lolblazers

#8,238 ·

lolkobe, 14-25 with 45 points, 8 boards, 5 assists, 3 steals, 4 blocks, with only one turnover while playing the whole game, clearly the guy doesn't realize that Deng and Monta can do this every damn night.

#8,240 ·

no, now I'm just laughing at you for being idiotic. Those games he shot poorly in were also the games where he was averaging a triple double, but let's ignore that because he shot poorly. :kobe

#8,242 ·

lolno. You were mocking him for his poor shooting percentage while ignoring the fact he was averaging a triple double.

oh and btw, the best player in the league always has his near triple doubles while playing 40+ minutes hyped a shit load and repeatedly whenever he does it. :lelbron

#8,244 ·

Nah, I really want to hear your opinion on this. You say Kobe shouldn't be praised for doing things that Deng(and others do) does even though Deng is praised and earned a lot of credit for the Bulls' success this season, but when Kobe does it you act as if other players don't receive any praise and that Kobe should get the same treatment even though the first half is untrue. :kobe

#8,251 ·
Nah, I really want to hear your opinion on this. You say Kobe shouldn't be praised for doing things that Deng(and others do) does even though Deng is praised and earned a lot of credit for the Bulls' success this season, but when Kobe does it you act as if other players don't receive any praise and that Kobe should get the same treatment even though the first half is untrue. :kobe
I never said Kobe shouldn't be praised at all. My whole thing is you've made multiple posts complaining because no one in this thread was praising Kobe when there's other players who do the same thing but aren't constantly being praised for it.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#8,248 ·

I bow down to the Black Mamba. 47 points in 48 minutes. He always shows up in Portland too. I dont ever remember a bad game from Kobe in Portland. Exactly why I picked him for my fantasy games. Lol...

#8,253 ·

The Lakers/Blazers game was a really fun watch. That kid Lillard ain't no joke. In the two times I have seen him this season, I have been extremely impressed.

I'm not going to bother with Kobe's 47 or Dwight's 20/10... this game was decided by Pau's damned near trip dub and shockingly enough, Steve "little white guy" Blake's clutch rebounding.

Yeah, yeah, it was against the Blazers... whatever. It was quite the entertaining game to watch.

Nash is expected back/hopeful for Friday against the Warriors and Metta is getting back into the flow of things. We have not often seen the Lakers at full strength this season. If they can somehow miraculously make the pieces fit... well, we'll see.

BTW... MWP's recent 1 1/2 week return from a 6 week injury makes Rose like even more of a giant fucking pussy. Say what you will about Metta but that guy cares about his team and will go whatever minutes he can give to help his team. He's not ready to be back in the starting lineup and playing full minutes yet but he got his ass out there and gave 14 minutes. How about you, Derrick the giant fucking pussy Rose? Think you can manage 14 minutes? No? I thought not. Pussy.

#8,254 ·

BTW... MWP's recent 1 1/2 week return from a 6 week injury makes Rose like even more of a giant fucking pussy. Say what you will about Metta but that guy cares about his team and will go whatever minutes he can give to help his team. He's not ready to be back in the starting lineup and playing full minutes yet but he got his ass out there and gave 14 minutes. How about you, Derrick the giant fucking pussy Rose? Think you can manage 14 minutes? No? I thought not. Pussy.

:rose2 :rose2

#8,256 ·

This was four days ago. There was another video of him doing it before the Toronto game a couple days ago, but it was taken down from youtube. :side:

#8,257 ·
Metta is a dumbass not some fucking warrior. I dont understand this thinking from sports fans. Rushing yourself back from injury like Metta did doesn't make you special. Just because rushes himself back and returns early instead of sitting out until he's healed, doesn't mean he's more of a leader than the other.

And this really has nothing to do with Rose IMO. This goes for all sports.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.