Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - New Xbox - No more used games, require Internet to play
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 02:12 PM
shoe1985
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: New Xbox - No more used games, require Internet to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
If all you buy is used games, chances are that Microsoft and Sony really dont care about you as a customer because outside of the console, which they take a loss on, they get no cash out of you.

Used sales do not actually go to the developer/ corporation. Sony relies on first party game sales to make up the loss on their consoles and MS uses XBL sales to make up their loss.
That is why they are doing this. Many people fail to realize that sure you buy a game, but if it is used, the developer is only seeing the sale from the first owner. So, they will lose sales because people are no longer going to pay full amount for a game, but wait for the pre-owned version. Add in that the dangers of pre-owned are over thanks to discs not being as scratched as they used.

The only issue I really have is the internet always being on to use. I do have broadband, but it is not the best, only thing offered in my area. So, I would rather not use my internet unless I was playing online. Add that many people maybe have caps on their internet, and if they are playing a game, this could eat up the limited cap of bandwidth.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome