Wrestling Forum banner

Forcing people to leave by embarrassing them

3K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  Mr. WrestleMania 
#1 ·
I read on here in some thread that people thought its what they were trying to do to mark henry with all the ridiculous storylines he had back in the day (mae young, kissing a ****** etc.) because he had a high paid long contract, any truth in it?

Got me wondering if thats now what theyre doing with Tensai/Albert - I reckon they must have given him decent money as the plan was obviously that he'd be a huge star monster heel (cleanish victories over cena and punk :| ) when he came in.

Any other possible examples of it?

#3 ·
Batista got buried 3 PPV in a row on exit.

#9 ·
looked up kizarny, no mention of him being a kiddy fiddler? Sounded more like he never really got going and they just decided to release him, though that gimmick is horrendous.

Its hard to tell with wrestling being so hit and miss and ott in terms of gimmicks/storylines as well, you might think that some of the stuff theyve given to kane over the years would be to piss him off but obviously it hasnt been.

#21 ·
they put her in a gimmick where the other divas would call her "Piggy James" and call her fat and make fun of her weight.. which is stupid because she isn't fat at all, her frame is just a little thicker than the other divas and as a hetero male i'd take her over most of them.

I think it was supposed to be some kind of punishment for her trying to have a music career while still with WWE, because they like to stifle and choke anyone's attempts to succeed without the WWE unless your name is Dwayne Johnson.

#14 ·
Her last storyline was with Lay-Cool, where they'd make fun of her for being chubby, calling her Piggy James and such.

Oh, Lita. I had quit watching by the time she went out -- but oh, god, watching the recaps was TERRIBLE. I had a moment of sad fandom feels.

#16 ·
Definitely Mickie James. LayCool owned her in that feud. The number of "embarrassing things" that happened to her.....getting the cake shoved in her face and punch poured on her head, getting her clothes shredded while she tapped out, being beatdown and losing matches over and over, Layla making pig noses at her(lol), not to mention Laycool constantly outwitting her on the mic too.

Mickie got over on them like once....when she beat Michelle for the title.....however Michelle took it right back a few weeks later.

Now, I should say if Mickie actually really WAS fat, then the premise of that angle would've been pretty foul. However, since she's obviously not actually fat, I didn't find it tasteless like some did. But they devalued Mickie quite a bit by having her be so completely owned in that feud.

#20 ·
Lita's was absolutely disgraceful. Until Piggie James I don't think I've seen a talent treated so badly, and Lita's was still comparably far worse.

The ho sale, constant burying on commentary that went above and beyond, the crowd egged on to get in on it to the point of sheer viciousness that followed her home everyday...she gave accounts of going on dates with Edge and people screaming at her calling her all types of disgusting names when she wasn't at work, walking her dog and getting harassed etc, and then going to work and WWE doing even more with the ho sale and constant jokes.

I think part of the reason why Lita's was so bad was because they thought she was going to go over to TNA back when TNA was talking about starting a woman's division. It had also gotten out that she'd been approached by them, and WWE in true fashion wanted to bury her out the door to try to take any momentum she might have.

JR even said at the time that he thought she might go over to TNA, but she ended up having no intention of doing so and just wanted to be done with wrestling.

I do not think her embarrassment would've been so bad if they weren't convinced she was jumping ship to a rival promotion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.