Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - New Xbox - No more used games, require Internet to play

View Single Post

Old 02-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #31 (permalink)
Riot
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Riot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a push
Default Re: New Xbox - No more used games, require Internet to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
Like Seph said, it's online if you want to play online and I haven't seen a game published by anyone other than EA (figures) that has done it though I'm sure there's at least one. You can always purchase the code for $10 if you buy used and if you get a big enough discount it'll still work out to be cheaper than buying new.

Smart for the company, but bad for the consumers. I don't see a big need for a new generation of consoles. You could still ride this gen a few more years. All I'm really seeing is a more powerful product with douchey, money hungry features.

I will say though, if Microsoft follows though with this, Sony would be smart to NOT do it. It could mean the difference in a sale. Microsoft may be underestimating the draw of used games. Most gamers range between ages of 14-24 and I don't know many high school/college students who can continually dish out $60 for games. You could also make the argument that if a person may be more willing to buy a new copy of the next installment of a game series if they can get their hands on a cheap copy of a previous installment. Like, buying GOW3 for $10 allowing you to become a fan of the game and anticipating Judgement and buying on release day or whatever.

I'll commit to Sony again if Microsoft follows through and Sony doesn't follow suit.

Edit: I also want backwards compatibility not only for 360/PS3 games, but also PS2/PS1/original Xbox games.
If all you buy is used games, chances are that Microsoft and Sony really dont care about you as a customer because outside of the console, which they take a loss on, they get no cash out of you.

Used sales do not actually go to the developer/ corporation. Sony relies on first party game sales to make up the loss on their consoles and MS uses XBL sales to make up their loss.
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote