Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Week 10: BEAR DOWN (and FOLES)

307K views 8K replies 219 participants last post by  Chip Kelly 
#1 ·
Ravens win and are at the top of the mountain.

Who's gonna knock em down?

#4 ·
re: NFL Offseason: DRAFT TODAY (and all through the weekend)

Obviously the biggest topics of the offseason will be Joe Flacco's contract, the Ravens ability or desire to bring back Reed, Jacoby, and Boldin, and how front office mastermind Ozzie Newsome will "reload" following the departure of God aka Ray Lewis, and possibly Ed Reed as well.

Rename the thread "Baltimore Ravens Discussion Thread" and let's hash this out you guys.

#156 ·

Oh, shit!

"The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can’t be finalized til league year begins 3/12

— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) February 24, 2013"

Reactions: Stax Classic
#321 ·

Annoying is one thing, attacking him non-stop including telling him he is terrible at life and not answering questions in an interview is another. Whether you agree with Bayless or not, those personal attacks were 100% unnecessary and makes Sherman look bad.

Reactions: Notorious
#384 ·

Here's a fun fact. Since Joe Flacco has been in the NFL, the Ravens have never had a top 10 passing offense. #BESTQBINTHELEAGUETHO #ELITEASFUCK #BRADYCANTCOMPARE #RODGERSISASCRUB

#390 ·

Here's a fun fact. Since Joe Flacco has been in the NFL, the Ravens have never had a top 10 passing offense. #BESTQBINTHELEAGUETHO #ELITEASFUCK #BRADYCANTCOMPARE #RODGERSISASCRUB
Here's a fun fact every year of Flacco's career the Ravens had a top 10 running game. #YOURAMORON

#457 ·

I'd take Wallace for Chicago. The Bears could really use a deep threat with Knox retiring and Hester being a terrible receiver. Jeffery can work the middle or the other sideline and same with Marshall. In fact, I think Marshall may be most effective in the slot going up the middle. So a speed guy like Wallace would be great with Cutler's rocket arm. Of course, this whole scenario only works if Wallace wants number two receiver money, which he definitely does not.

if I were thinking for Atlanta, I'd want a guy like Wes Welker. A guy to run up the middle while teams would have to cover White, Gonzalez, and JULIO would be a huge nightmare matchup. The best receiving duo would be the best receiver group altogether with Welker involved. Once again, money is the issue, and Wes doesn't want to be the third option. Plus Atlanta would rather have Steven Jackson.

And to finish the trifecta, if I were Detroit, I'd want Greg Jennings of the group. Calvin is amazing. There is nothing Megatron can't do. So when he is triple covered, Stafford needs another guy. Michigan's own, jack of all trades Greg Jennings fits here. Jennings can run most routes and get open. With a guy like Megatron opposite him, Jennings would never get doubled. Jennings can win most one on one battles. Stafford has some wild throws that can get a little Favreish, so who better than a guy that played with Favre years ago. With two guys that can do most on the field, Detroit can then abuse the play action and finally get a running game going. And unlike the other two, Jennings to Detroit can be monetarily beneficial for both teams with the cheap addition of Reggie Bush or Rashad Mendenhall.

#458 ·

if I were thinking for Atlanta, I'd want a guy like Wes Welker. A guy to run up the middle while teams would have to cover White, Gonzalez, and JULIO would be a huge nightmare matchup. The best receiving duo would be the best receiver group altogether with Welker involved. Once again, money is the issue, and Wes doesn't want to be the third option. Plus Atlanta would rather have Steven Jackson.
Good post. I've quoted the Atlanta idea because holy shit would they be dangerous if they got Welker. Him, Jones, White and Gonzalez? Holy fuck on a stick Ryan would surely put up monster numbers with that receiving core and Atlanta would do at least as well as they did this season. They need a little more pass rush though.

#584 ·

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree. Repeating is just extremely hard and there's still many unknowns about their roster.

Plus, I don't see flacco having that type of playoff performance 2 years in a row. And teams will be even more out to get the ravens in regular season/playoffs.

Just look at the last 3 teams to repeat: Patriots/Broncos/Cowboys. Those teams were playing on a whole different level for years. And I still don't view Flacco as a top tier QB (brady, manning, brees, rodgers). He's very good, but the ravens are going to have a brutal year. The Ravens will get everyone's best

#603 ·

The schedule isn't released but you already know which teams will face which, if you know how the NFL schedules work.

For example, this upcoming season the Pats will play
Bills, Dolphins, Jets twice each
AFC North teams
Texans
Broncos
NFC South teams

#606 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.